Time Window

SkyDogs

This mod is being built from the ground up. That means it's 100% new code/features/antagonists/gameplay. 

I don't think the same can be said about Breaking Point.

Not even close. Much of it is reused ARMA II DayZ Mod and poorly implemented at that. About the only thing they added that was worth anything was the class system.

Shouldn't it read....."this dev team and its blind followers"

What's taking them? Breaking Point has been out ages and it's a good game, I just want a little more than survival, hence waiting for Epoch, or should that be Sleepoch, to finally release.

They have a working model now that select players have access to, but we're still no fecking closer to knowing ROUGHLY when the game will be released. 

Breaking Point started developing an ARMA III version as soon as ARMA III released so they have a good year jump on Epoch AND didn't start from scratch. Also, I would debate on the "good game" part. The last time a zombie shoved me through a 5 foot wall so I could get stuck and unable to do anything I decided I was still going to cut the game some slack. Then I wandered up to a plane crash and the "loot crates" they use for spawning items began creeping and then finally started flying around in the air. One collided with me and knocked me unconscious and broke my leg. Game is buggy as hell despite all their "work" on it. 

Not to mention the almost absolute lack of vehicles. Walking around in Altis is not exactly a fun or comfy thing.

Agreed, Altis is a cool map, but not without a vehicle. =P  Too big and open.  I wish I had the time to make maps.  I see all these maps and imagine a lot of things that would make them so much more interesting.

Agreed, Altis is a cool map, but not without a vehicle. =P  Too big and open.  I wish I had the time to make maps.  I see all these maps and imagine a lot of things that would make them so much more interesting.

I can say for sure that we have no vehicle shortage on Altis :D

I can say for sure that we have no vehicle shortage on Altis :D

That's nice! As soon as these are 90% civilian vehicles and it's not easy to get an APC or similar (though I know that will mainly depend on server's config). Anyways, when you walk around, will you get tired? I hate when the player gets tired and starts walking so damn slow even when you have only run like for 20m :/ I think it's enough to deal with health, water, food and blood levels lol

That's nice! As soon as these are 90% civilian vehicles and it's not easy to get an APC or similar (though I know that will mainly depend on server's config). Anyways, when you walk around, will you get tired? I hate when the player gets tired and starts walking so damn slow even when you have only run like for 20m :/ I think it's enough to deal with health, water, food and blood levels lol

Took me a while to get used to that too.  Can't sprint all the time, need to stop and take breaks every once in a while.  You know, like irl.  IMO Arma 2 was worse with this.  It didn't slow you down, but you run 50m and the guy sounds like he's having a heart attack and can't shoot the side of a barn until he lays down for a couple minutes.  You would think after surviving the zombie apocalypse(or serving the military especially) the guy would be a little better in shape.

Another thing I always hated about Arma 2 is when the sun is anywhere near the horizon(or anywhere other than high noon) it blinds the sh*t out of you.  I can appreciate the approach at realism, but it just doesn't work right and is just very annoying.

Will the nights be pitch black of the clouds are over. if so please please please make some form of light a little more common to find. When I get the urge to play breaking point (takes motivation) i just log out at night cycle. can't even tell if in third or first person unless you look at the sky to see your silhouette,  I think I would get as much excitement playing a game call "Black Screensaver"

Will the nights be pitch black of the clouds are over. if so please please please make some form of light a little more common to find. When I get the urge to play breaking point (takes motivation) i just log out at night cycle. can't even tell if in third or first person unless you look at the sky to see your silhouette,  I think I would get as much excitement playing a game call "Black Screensaver"

Lighting isn't an issue as this time, although you might want to carry your own light source when it gets dark anyway...

Lighting isn't an issue as this time, although you might want to carry your own light source when it gets dark anyway...

I've not played Arma 3 a lot during night, but isn't there a full moon night option, and if so, is that enough to light up parts of the map? Anyways, I hope you add a lantern. So I can go full Amnesia mode when walking in the dark.

Black Screensaver is a good way to save energy and so the planet... Maybe it will avoid us an apocalypse! :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...