Clients Can Hear Sound & Move But Stuck On Loading?

Stoney

Also running a server with 125548 + 1.0.5.1. 

Had minor issues with this in the last week.  Worked around it with restarts.  So players could get in.

TODAY:  Only 1 player can enter the server.  All joining after 1 player can not get in.

Tested it with me logging in as the first.  I get in.  Another one tries after and can not get in.

We switch so he logs in first.  He gets in.  I cant.  Nothing helps.

We tried this at least 10 times.  All times the first player gets in and the second doesnt.

Current state gets switched in the db depending on who logs in first and second.  All after the first one get 100.

Can see there has been a BE update?  Whats going on lol?

I got hit constantly with this issue over the weekend.  Managed to get on once (2nd attempt), got killed by AI and then could not login again over multiple attempts regardless of what I did to the currentstate field.

I did a complete DB cleardown (new schema, basic Epoch SQL install scripts): No effect.  Still cannot login.

I did a complete copy of my client files (ARMA II, ARMA II OA, Epoch client 1.0.5.1, Epoch server 1.0.5.1): Sucess.  Not seen any more issues so far.

What I did notice is that as well as a version number for ARMA II OA (1.63 - 125548), if you right click the ARMA II OA (beta) option in Steam and choose [Properties] -> [local files] there is a build number displayed (currently 323114 for me).

I suspect this build number has been changing with minor releases without then ticking over the main Beta 125548 build version, which has caused some compatibility issues with the server side files that have not been getting the build number updates.

I have turned off auto updating in Steam after refreshing the server so they will stay the same .

Will report back if if get the issue again.

Update:  Played fine for a while and now I am back to the black screen every time I try to login.  A server reboot clears it  :(

I had this and the only way I cleared it was drastic actions.... Clear the character_data / player_data / player_login tables... Was not so much an issue for me as its a locked testing server, but once i dumped all 3 of those tables i could fill the server without issue... Once restarted it happened again... Possible clue?

I think this is a database issue, to be honest.

When I relog, I got the problem with the loading screen.

When I acces the database, and delete the text under charactar_data, and then CurrentState, I can log in without a problem.

Can someone confirm if this is working 'everywhere', not just me?

I have this issue occruring at times myself, and for those joining the server. However, if the player moves around abit (as he/she can hear their footsteps) and relogs, it usually solves it.
It seems to happend mostly when logging close to or inside objects/buildings, and if crouched or laying down. Perhaps an issue with placement in close proximity to other things?

It's a conflict with certain maps and Epoch not correctly updating the currentstate in the database.

Whilst I think that may be a symptom, if it was the full case, why would a server reboot clear the issue if the data in the DB is the same ?.  

Something in the live world seems to get corrupted.  Maybe the player is not deleted from the world correctly (like the vehicles weren't in one of the Betas but are invisible).  Trying on my test server, I did a fresh install as noted a few posts above.  Logged in, all was well.  Went to the hero trader and couldn't trade so logged off, set my humanity so I could trade and logged back in.  Got a black screen.

DB issues I have seen include temps being saved as 100 (rather than the more usual 41), I seem to have lost a key on my character and possibly other items at times. 

Update:

So I got AI'd to death on my test system.  I got put back to the lobby on death, [ALT]+[TAB]'d out and went in to the SQL editor and changed the alive field to 1 (alive) for my character and then re-entered the game from the lobby.  I still got a new character. This makes me think even more that the dead or logged off characters are not being flushed correctly from the game as the DB record seemed to have no effect on how the game saw my character on rejoining.  This is not the way it worked in 1.0.4.2.

Whilst I think that may be a symptom, if it was the full case, why would a server reboot clear the issue if the data in the DB is the same ?.  

Something in the live world seems to get corrupted.  Maybe the player is not deleted from the world correctly (like the vehicles weren't in one of the Betas but are invisible).  Trying on my test server, I did a fresh install as noted a few posts above.  Logged in, all was well.  Went to the hero trader and couldn't trade so logged off, set my humanity so I could trade and logged back in.  Got a black screen.

DB issues I have seen include temps being saved as 100 (rather than the more usual 41), I seem to have lost a key on my character and possibly other items at times. 

Update:

So I got AI'd to death on my test system.  I got put back to the lobby on death, [ALT]+[TAB]'d out and went in to the SQL editor and changed the alive field to 1 (alive) for my character and then re-entered the game from the lobby.  I still got a new character. This makes me think even more that the dead or logged off characters are not being flushed correctly from the game as the DB record seemed to have no effect on how the game saw my character on rejoining.  This is not the way it worked in 1.0.4.2.

if you kill a player who's in the loading screen freeze, they go to debug land and do not update in the database at all.

I never had this problem until I installed infiSTAR, could it maybe something in his code that causes this for some servers?  also want to add that this doesnt happen if I disable it either :\

With infiSTAR = stuck loading

Without infiSTAR = works fine 

for me anyway also I'm on Standard Epoch Cherno

I never had this problem until I installed infiSTAR, could it maybe something in his code that causes this for some servers?  also want to add that this doesnt happen if I disable it either :\

for me anyway 

Still happens with it disabled on mine.

Same here.  I don't use any third party anti-hacks.

Can we get a list of what people are running in a common format so we can try an collate and see if there are any patterns.

May I suggest the following format

===================================================================

Epoch Bug report:

Player stuck loading character.  Can hear noise and move but not see anything.

Base server install

ARMA II

ARMA II OA: [Version].[Patch level].[build level]

ARMA II addons: [ BAF | ACR | PMC ]

Epoch Base install

Epoch Client: [Version]

Epoch Server: [Version]

BattleEye Install

BattleEye Client: [Version]

Extra Mods added

[Mod Name]: [Version if applicable]

etc.

Any Antivirus

Client: [Name]

Server: [Name]

Issues encountered

Any RPT errors

Any Fixes

-------------------------------------------------------

My info

=============================

Epoch Environment - Bug report

=============================

Base server install

ARMA II

ARMA II OA: [1.63].[125548].[323114]

Epoch Base install

Epoch Client: [1.0.5.1]

Epoch Server: [1.0.5.1]

BattleEye Install

BattleEye Client: [Will confirm and update later]

Extra Mods added

[A Plot for Life]: [v2.2.4]

[snap Building Pro]: [initial release]

Any Antivirus

Client: Norton 360

Server: None.

Issues encountered

1. Title screen gets stuck (Can hear sound, walking etc).

2. Character changes to DB not reflected in game if player logs in without a server restart.

3. Some dialogues intermittently autoclose when opened (gear / map / trader dialogues).

Any RPT errors

None.

Any Fixes

1. & 2. Server reboot clears the issues until next logout / character death.

3. Pressing [ESC] clears the issue but it reoccurs fairly regularly.

---------------------------------------------------

I have included antivirus in the list as I did notice Nortons 'Intuative' check auto disables items based solely on whether they (Norton) have not had many reports about it (i.e. unknown items get auto removed).

//EDIT

for me anyway also I'm on Standard Epoch Cherno

change of plan, broken again with infiSTAR disabled.

Epoch Bug report:

Player stuck loading character.  Can hear noise and move but not see anything.

Base server install

ARMA II

ARMA II OA: [1.63].[112555].[unknown]

Epoch Base install

Epoch Client: [1.5.0.1]

Epoch Server: [1.0.5.1]

BattleEye Install

BattleEye Client: [1.219]

Extra Mods added

[infiSTAR Admin Tools]: [Latest]

[VLH Anti-hack]: [beta 5.0] < Double security.. why not. :)

[WAI]: [Latest]

[EMS]: [Latest]

[Custom Loot, JAEM, Service Point, Snap Pro, Take Clothes, VASP, infiSTAR Safezone, WATD, Vehicle Stow]: [All at Latest]

Latest is the version as of 22/07/2014

Any Antivirus

Client: [bitDefender Total Security]

Server: [N\A]

Issues encountered

1. Title screen gets stuck.

2. Sometimes when loading the Gear GUI pops up and when you exit it it won't load, I believe I fixed that though, not had any reports since

Any RPT errors

This is something new that I've never seen before

22:38:33 Warnings in ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\gameplay_fixedat1model\p3d\ccp_at1.p3d:shadow(1000)

Any Fixes

Disabling infiSTAR worked but stopped working now. 

Just for the record. these are core files from dayz_code that i've edited

Client

==========

• player_updateGUI.sqf
  • fn_selfActions.sqf
  • local_lockUnlock.sqf
  • player_traderMenuConfig\Hive.sqf
  • publicEH.sqf
  • salvage\salvage_vehicle.sqf
  • ui_selectSlot.sqf
  • variables.sqf
  • building_spawnLoot.sqf
  • building_spawnZombies.sqf
  • player_spawnCheck.sqf
  • spawn_loot\loot_small.sqf
  • wild_spawnZombies.sqf
  • zombie_generate.sqf
  • dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf
  • player_build.sqf

Server

• server_monitor.sqf   <-- Delete Vehicles in Trade Areas is the only edit
  • server_functions.sqf <--Add infiSTAR and exec buildings init file

Work Around: 

If you add the two endLoadingScreen; statements in your init.sqf it seems to work aorund the problem.  In no way is this a fix to the real issue.  So far in development I have not seen any issues.  I be rolling this to my prod servers tonight.

endLoadingScreen; // Work around for 2nd Log in hang

if (!isDedicated) then {

//Conduct map operations

0 fadeSound 0;

waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};

dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor

_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];

_playerMonitor =     [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";    

//anti Hack

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf";

//Lights

//[false,12] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";

};

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf"

//Start Dynamic Weather

execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\external\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\init.sqf"

endLoadingScreen; // Work around for 2nd Log in hang

Tried that, Made it worse. all hell broke loose

I still get this problem I think, when I use infiSTAR to delete a vehicle, I can still see the tag not sure if its related though.

Okay, so. I'm starting to think that it just does this when ever it feels like. I just got someone to shoot me, got ai to shoot me, jumped out a plane not using parachute pretty much anything that will kill me I even ALT F4'd  and I'm still able to load in, but I got someone else to do it, and when they tried joining again they got stuck.

Okay, so. I'm starting to think that it just does this when ever it feels like. I just got someone to shoot me, got ai to shoot me, jumped out a plane not using parachute pretty much anything that will kill me I even ALT F4'd  and I'm still able to load in, but I got someone else to do it, and when they tried joining again they got stuck.

perhaps it is hardware related? I have two users with the same graphics card that have this issue.  GTX 8800's