overpoch 1.0.5.1 issue

Mystic Joker

Question

The battleye message is the only reason I upgraded my server to 112555 beta. 

It's a message from battleye, that can be read through BEC and Rcon... and they're telling us that they will no longer offer protection for servers running 1.62 after the 30th, 

it's pretty self explanatory. regardless of gamespy closure and all that jazz. 

if battleye say they will no longer offer protection for servers running the older version, you have little choice but to take notice of it

they're not gonna say they're removing support, and then continue to support it. 

I'm still running 1.0.4.2 overpoch, two servers both on 112555

and honestly, the only issue i've had has been the inability to spawn lockable vehicles with my admin tools. 

I, at least for the moment wont be upgrading to the latest final build of arma 2 oa 1.63 simply because of the change from PlayerID to SteamID 

which practically forces me to either wipe the database completely or deal with the complaints of at least 60 players wondering where the hell their gear is, why their humanity has been reset, why they can no longer build at their plot pole, why they cant remove anything they've placed prior to the update etc.

It's a message from battleye, that can be read through BEC and Rcon... and they're telling us that they will no longer offer protection for servers running 1.62 after the 30th, 

if battleye say they will no longer offer protection for servers running the older version, you have little choice but to take notice of it

they're not gonna say they're removing support, and then continue to support it. 

and honestly, the only issue i've had has been the inability to spawn lockable vehicles with my admin tools. 

I, at least for the moment wont be upgrading to the latest final build of arma 2 oa 1.63 simply because of the change from PlayerID to SteamID 

which practically forces me to either wipe the database completely or deal with the complaints of at least 60 players wondering where the hell their gear is, why their humanity has been reset, why they can no longer build at their plot pole, why they cant remove anything they've placed prior to the update etc.

112555 does not have steam MP Lobby, and the latest beta is the only version with the updated BE!

To be honest, it's so much better, faster perf more stable etc.

Yes, there's a bit of fallout but, we just said no to TP's back to bases, everyone's in the same boat (they have deployable bike on mine anyway). No to humanity, start again and build up, same as everybody else and spammed the server for 48 hours before telling everyone to put all their items in storage each time they log off.

Been a bit bumpy, but really not as much as I expected. 

Certainly rather that than onwards into hackersville with no BE...!

i see the question dude i dont know why i want it answered to

I know , right. It annoys the crap out of me when you ask a question in here and people only give you half answers, or expect you to already guess what they forget to include in their "half answers".  

It's like asking someone , "why is that liquid lethal to drink?" and they answer "because it has something bad inside it" .. Oh , right, so you just found a different way to tell me something I already bloody knew.. Maybe tell me what the poison is, or don't answer at all.  

That's probably why his server is offline, he's not got a clue so he just trolls people instead.  

I know , right. It annoys the crap out of me when you ask a question in here and people only give you half answers, or expect you to already guess what they forget to include in their "half answers".  

It's like asking someone , "why is that liquid lethal to drink?" and they answer "because it has something bad inside it" .. Oh , right, so you just found a different way to tell me something I already bloody knew.. Maybe tell me what the poison is, or don't answer at all.  

That's probably why his server is offline, he's not got a clue so he just trolls people instead.  

Facepalm... What do you expect me to say... Server is offline because it's the 30th/1st.. You know WHEN WE HAVE TO SWITCH TO 1.63 for Steam

i Know this issue isnt custom loot because iw as having this issue with stock 1051, and with my modded 1051 and now still with overpoch, it happens if you get crashed out of server or if you let server go offline without logging. The player seems to get bugged and i end up having to delete the character_data to get them playing again.

thats very werid i dont have this error Check failed, unable to open file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ACR\desktop.ico

Well my advice is to check that RPT file for any errors that are preventing you from joining.  Seems to be a client issue.  Otherwise, Insertcoins has a different 'FIX' that might help you. 

Well my advice is to check that RPT file for any errors that are preventing you from joining.  Seems to be a client issue.  Otherwise, Insertcoins has a different 'FIX' that might help you. 

Not my fix, but it helps for all server owners I've seen.