Steam Patch + Battleye + bans

hambeast

Ok, so with the new steam patch, are we still going to have battleye?  Will we still have player guids or are they going to be steamid's?  Playeruids?

Also what happens with our current ban list.  Will this be handled differently?

All should be the same. BE will be discontinuing support/functionality on gamespy builds, steam builds will remain with active BE.

GUID/UID will remain the same. The only thing that will be different is steam ownership verification (the account must own the game to play it).

ahh ok.  Was a bit worried how the databases relationships might be affected.  

New steam beta is going to = new player id's

I have 2 completely different GUID's on the new and old beta's.

i updated my servers yesterday to the latest patch 1.63.125402

and now my servers arent shown in any list anymore...

no gametracker... no lgsl on my page no nothing... wtf?

did you add this to the top of your server config?

steamport =8766;  //default 8766, needs to be unique if multiple serves on same box
steamqueryport         =22816; //default 27016, needs to be unique if multiple servers on same box

Thats not good.  Cannot even link playerUID -> SteamID changes via the battleeye GUIDs then...

Yep my player id has gone from 127117446 to 76561197982934744 in the database.

Feel sorry for all the people who are going to have to sort out donor crap.... Well everyone as everyone's bases/safes/cars wont match up anymore.

Also all your GUID bans will be useless.

I think that all the steam accounts that got banned due to hacking will be unbanned because of new guid

Interestingly I can connect to 12555 with the new steam beta 125402.

>>> Edit ok sort of., I can get in game but then iI get a box popup saying authorization timeout or something then kicked.

The Battleye ID is also called the GUID. That will not be replaced. It's based on your CD key. The player UID, or just UID, is now going to be the same as your Steam ID. If you are banning by GUID, then you won't have a problem, as that won't change. If you are banning some how by player UID, that will change and your bans will be useless. I don't think anyone bans by that method, though.

The Battleye ID is also called the GUID. That will not be replaced. It's based on your CD key. The player UID, or just UID, is now going to be the same as your Steam ID. If you are banning by GUID, then you won't have a problem, as that won't change. If you are banning some how by player UID, that will change and your bans will be useless. I don't think anyone bans by that method, though.

Only thought infistarts admin tool or a database method, can ban a person using their UID.

my guid is different same steam account same cd key only different version of the beta. 

But then again the cd key I use isn't from the steam account I'm connecting from.

I really don't know what else to say. I don't quite understand your reply. Your GUID is tied to your CD key. One CD key = one GUID. BE bans by GUID. In-Game, your stuff is owned by your UID, which is not the same as your GUID. Bans issued by server admins are usually done by the BE GUID, which will not change unless you buy a new copy of the game.

it seems that dayz commander also dont list any of the 1.63 servers anymore due to the query code change?

Thats because the 1.63 servers don't report to gamespy. You need to use the in-game browser for now until DayzCommander is able to query Steam. There isn't even a Steam server list for Arma 2/Dayz mod yet.

Just tested on a different steam account same cdkey that came with the account

5de8dead12c518dabe37998bde53d856 client steam beta & server steam beta

450bbfd96cf32540200d4da849c54de4  clent and server beta 12555

the guid is calculated form your steam id in the new steam version.

Just went in the registry and edited my cd key to 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 Blocked steam from overwriting the key so its still the same when in game and my GUID is 5de8dead12c518dabe37998bde53d856

​cd keys are irreverent with the new patch.

It will use your steam key/ID no matter what. The registry is no longer relevant in GUID calculation.

It will use your steam key/ID no matter what. The registry is no longer relevant in GUID calculation.

On the new patch yes. But beta 112555 and below it uses it.

That's why 2 different GUID's on one account. (1 for new patch & 1 for old)

Edit>>

Just tested with a battleye global banned account.

beta 112555 = instant kick with global banned message...

Then on the same account I updated my client to the steam beta version and joined a server on the new steam beta and guess what............................... No ban..

Hmmmm looking at this it still means anyone who has updated still wont get banned as the guids will be different.

Hmmmm looking at this it still means anyone who has updated still wont get banned as the guids will be different.

He says CD-key bans will be effective, but the GUID will still be different. I suppose there will be a second calculated (legacy) GUID off of the CD-key and one off of the Steam Owner.

Edit: perhaps I miss-understood. There will be a delay (how long is anyones guess) until old bans are effective. I SURE AS SHIT HOPE IT'S BEFORE JUNE 30th!!!!

He says CD-key bans will be effective, but the GUID will still be different. I suppose there will be a second calculated (legacy) GUID off of the CD-key and one off of the Steam Owner.

Edit: perhaps I miss-understood. There will be a delay (how long is anyones guess) until old bans are effective. I SURE AS SHIT HOPE IT'S BEFORE JUNE 30th!!!!

I think I get it now. Your GUID will be calculated by your steam id but the new patch will also read the registry and see if you have a banned key in there and if you have you will still be banned. that's the only way i think that could work.

AND yes they need to push this update out god damm fast!

Yes I believe it opens the flood gates to the hackers.  Not really sure how to deal with it other then being ready with the ban hammer.  Fingers crossed that BattlEye does the best they can too.  I would recommend updating as I don't see other choices.  The time has come for the steam update basically.  I think everyone needs to get it

Here's my guide to updating your server to the steam dev beta branch 125402 or above.

Yes I believe it opens the flood gates to the hackers.  Not really sure how to deal with it other then being ready with the ban hammer.  Fingers crossed that BattlEye does the best they can too.  I would recommend updating as I don't see other choices.  The time has come for the steam update basically.  I think everyone needs to get it

Here's my guide to updating your server to the steam dev beta branch 125402 or above.

I would have players record their UID before updating their game as they will have a new character in the DB. If they give you their old UID and new one you can update their old player to the new UID manually.