MattL

I lied, I ended up working on it. Make the extra_rc point to clickpackage, and clickpackage point to testpackage1. Let me know how it goes. 

SWEET! The map opens fine to drop the care package, it drops exactly where you click, but the contents cannot be taken and nothing can be put in. I read another post you had that 112555 is a big problem, but my server is still on 103718. The regular care package script you wrote worked perfectly. Any clue why this one won't let you take items out or put anything in?

SWEET! The map opens fine to drop the care package, it drops exactly where you click, but the contents cannot be taken and nothing can be put in. I read another post you had that 112555 is a big problem, but my server is still on 103718. The regular care package script you wrote worked perfectly. Any clue why this one won't let you take items out or put anything in?

I have no clue. I noticed this same glitch recently and have been wracking my brains to figure it out. It's making me insane D:

I can't figure it out man. At first I thought it was perhaps the createVehicle array, so I went back to default. Then I changed some of the variables around.... Nada. I'm at a complete loss at this point. 

I can't figure it out man. At first I thought it was perhaps the createVehicle array, so I went back to default. Then I changed some of the variables around.... Nada. I'm at a complete loss at this point. 

weird. It works perfect otherwise. The only thing that I noticed differently was that the parachute disappears before it hits the ground where it used to carry through the ground. Could that (as unlikely as it sounds) have anything to do with it? 

weird. It works perfect otherwise. The only thing that I noticed differently was that the parachute disappears before it hits the ground where it used to carry through the ground. Could that (as unlikely as it sounds) have anything to do with it? 

Nah that's not it. I've sent it to a couple good buddies of mine, and i'm still trying to figure it out. I've tried everything myself, set different variables, different method of creating the vehicle, spawned it without adding the items to it or clearing cargo, changed the box type, everything. It's bugging the hell out of me.

hey, so i'm running 125548 on 1.0.5.1 with the same issue.  You stated you have people running this on 125548, correct?  (i may have misread).

your issue may of been caused by something else that I fixed in the OP link (I think  :rolleyes: ) 

Ok Matt... I don't know why our how this is jacked up, but this is what I got going on:

extra_rc lines:

class ItemBriefcase100oz {
class carepackage {
text = "Call Care Package";
script = "execVM 'scripts\carepackage.sqf'";
};
class clickpackage {
text = "Send Care Package";
script = "execVM 'scripts\clickpackage.sqf'";
};
};

The carepackage.sqf is the new one from the OP. I put that and the clickpackage.sqf in the scripts folder.

In the clickpackage.sqf I had to change:

_pos = [_this select 0, _this select 1, _this select 2] execVM "carepackage.sqf";

to

_pos = [_this select 0, _this select 1, _this select 2] execVM "scripts\carepackage.sqf";

Since carepackage.sqf is in my scripts folder.

When I call for a carepackage (non-map click) nothing happens. The text does come up that the carepackage has spawned and the briefcase is removed from my inventory, but its no where to be found in the sky nor on the ground.

This is the crazy part... when I Send a carepackage (with map click) the carepackage spawns in the sky as intended where I clicked the map, it works beautifully. I can take items and put items in. 

The part that I don't understand is that the clickpackage.sqf (send a carepackage) is pointed to the same carepackage.sqf that my Call a carepackage extra_rc is. 

Ok Matt... I don't know why our how this is jacked up, but this is what I got going on:

extra_rc lines:

class ItemBriefcase100oz {
class carepackage {
text = "Call Care Package";
script = "execVM 'scripts\carepackage.sqf'";
};
class clickpackage {
text = "Send Care Package";
script = "execVM 'scripts\clickpackage.sqf'";
};
};

The carepackage.sqf is the new one from the OP. I put that and the clickpackage.sqf in the scripts folder.

In the clickpackage.sqf I had to change:

_pos = [_this select 0, _this select 1, _this select 2] execVM "carepackage.sqf";

to

_pos = [_this select 0, _this select 1, _this select 2] execVM "scripts\carepackage.sqf";

Since carepackage.sqf is in my scripts folder.

When I call for a carepackage (non-map click) nothing happens. The text does come up that the carepackage has spawned and the briefcase is removed from my inventory, but its no where to be found in the sky nor on the ground.

This is the crazy part... when I Send a carepackage (with map click) the carepackage spawns in the sky as intended where I clicked the map, it works beautifully. I can take items and put items in. 

The part that I don't understand is that the clickpackage.sqf (send a carepackage) is pointed to the same carepackage.sqf that my Call a carepackage extra_rc is. 

that last bit is exactly why. To do what you're trying to do you have to use both versions. you can't use the same carepackage.sqf because one is designed to use the position of the map passed to it by clickpackage.sqf the other is not. so you trying to do the original version with the map click carepackage.sqf is giving it no position to use.

Yes. Making a click package that's a bomb when. Interacted with.

should be simple enough to do, maybe not when interacted with but when the player gets close. Also, what about a random chance for the bomb to be a 'dud'?

Maybe a chance for high end loot or high explosive

well, you set the loot. For now i'm just going to give it the bomb or loot option, i don't have time to test it so stay posted for when I post a link to it. You'll need a seperate mapclick file too, just copy your current one and rename it.

chances are this wont work, but try it anyways. Going to look for a better method of doing it when I get home later. here

moved to a different method, but it's throwing no errors and it won't even spawn the carepackage. Going to have to look deeper into this. 

Got it working Magz, right now it has a 50% chance of being a dud (having loot) or having a bomb ( big ass fucking explosion, and for overkill I looped it a predefinable amount of times, that's in configs as _nade I believe. ) the bomb also destroys the crate. Here