Overpoch - Wall glitching, any fix?

js2k6

Question

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if there is even a fix for this? 

But with overwatch we get those custom stances, by holding turbo+w/a/s/d 

if you go prone, then hold turbo and a/d you lay on your side and can wriggle. 

while doing this you are able to glitch through basically any epoch buildable wall.

I do have a no glitching rule on my server,

but obviously I would like to know if there was any way that i could prevent players from being able to do this

As I cant be present all the time in the server.

20 answers to this question

I have just been looking through both the epoch and overwatch files (already have a custom compiles) 

and I haven't been able to locate anything about anti stepover. can you please provide some more information about where I can find this? 

edit: 

(currently trying to remove smk anims from mission.sqm to see if that works, that would just disable the anims entirely. i hope. or break the game. who knows? ill report back later)

edit 2: 

removing smk animations from my mission sqm had no effect. i was still able to use the animations and get through walls with it =/

What about this?

if ((animationState player) in ["smk_urbanproneright","smk_prone_to_urbanprone_right","smk_urbanproneleft","smk_prone_to_urbanprone_left"]) then {
	player switchMove "";
	player playActionNow "stop";
};

whereabouts is this located? or where should i place this? 

copy the dayz_spaceInterupt.sqf to your mission.pbo and fix the compiles.sqf so it directs to it. Then just past that on the line after _handled = false;

This will make it so that if the player tries to move while doing the stance it will immediately cancel and make them stand.

go to your dayz epoch client files,

de-pbo dayz_code.pbo

in the folder called actions, there is a file called dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf 

copy that file to your mission pbo. 

i copied mine to a folder titled scripts. 

add the lines that friendlyPA mentioned as instructed.

then in your custom compiles.

add somewhere in to this area...

if (!isDedicated) then {

dayz_spaceInterrupt = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf";

of course if you use a different folder, change the path accordingly. 

I edited my dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf a little bit so that instead of making the player stand up and potentially getting them shot, I have it put the player back in a prone position and pop up text on their screen letting them know that this function has been disabled. Here's what it looks like:

_handled = false;
if ((animationState player) in ["smk_urbanproneright","smk_prone_to_urbanprone_right","smk_urbanproneleft","smk_prone_to_urbanprone_left"]) then {
	player switchMove "";
	player playActionNow "Down";
	cutText ["\n\nUrban prone stances have been disabled.", "PLAIN DOWN"];
};

I edited my dayz_spaceInterrupt.sqf a little bit so that instead of making the player stand up and potentially getting them shot, I have it put the player back in a prone position and pop up text on their screen letting them know that this function has been disabled. Here's what it looks like:

_handled = false;
	player switchMove "";
	player playActionNow "Down";
	cutText ["\n\nUrban prone stances have been disabled.", "PLAIN DOWN"];
};

Confirmed this working on Overpoch 1.0.5.1 / 125548 Thanks!