Problems with Epoch and database

bsmaff

Question

I have a server with HFB and updated Epoch manually doing the same thing I do everytime there is an update.

With this version of Epoch I have got loads of problems regarding the server and the DB, many players have been dying and spawning back where they died with the same gear, then when they leave the server and come back they then come back as a new spawn.

It seems there is a massive delay between the game written to the DB, this has only started to happen in 1.0.2

The other bug is players are buying vehicles and then getting a key and the vehicle not spawning, then occasionally sometimes the vehicle will spawn in after the server restarts.

I am not 100% certain if this is a problem with my server or if any other players are experiencing these problems.

Update. It didnt fix it. The minute we hit 29 players it desync'd and lagged like crazy. Traders stopped spawning cars as well. Argh This is frustrating

Well, my problems kick in when having only 10 (out of 40 slots!) people on my server, lag is not the issue but the traders don't spawn cars and the server doesn't write fast enough to the database causing rollbacks on automated server restarts. These rollbacks vary from 5 mins to 1,5 hour, very frustrating as my task as an admin now is teleporting players and giving items which disappear.

As soon as i upgrade to Epoch 1.0.2.2 i'm going to start from scratch, adding 1 script per 2 or 3 days after testing them thoroughly. I will report my findings to this topic of course.

I have also been battling this issue since the drop of the new 1.0.2.1 patch, server was heavily populated and problems start to happen as soon players go over 25 or around the 50 minute mark. Traders will stop spawning cars in, then randomly players who log out will log back in fresh spawned and randomly people who get killed will respawn in the same place over and over until they log off. Have tried many different things to try and get this to stop happening myself. Added a forced gear save sqf, an additional cleanup script which only had a slight increase client FPS and the rollbacks and broken traders persisted. Installation of the new 1.0.2.2 hasn't addressed the issue as i hoped either.

Just a question to the other people who are having the same issues, have you tried to replicate this using a fresh database?

Waiting on someone to discover a fix, as my community is rapidly dying.

Apart from the negatives, we are all extremely impressed with the new features and the MOD is really growing in popularity as i have hosted an epoch server for around 6 months its really getting big now, we appreciate all your hard work everyone who is involved.

Regards

Painless

Apart from the negatives, we are all extremely impressed with the new features and the MOD is really growing in popularity as i have hosted an epoch server for around 6 months its really getting big now, we appreciate all your hard work everyone who is involved.

Regards

Painless

Like painless id like to appreciate your great mod. I also experienced the issues when population hit 30+, but once it started it was impossible to stop. I will admit I had to completely shut down my Epoch Server due to this. It was just un recoverable and a database wipe seemed to me like a temporary solution, so I am without epoch now. Praying that my members will come back after I fix (well lets be honest, you fix and i get credit for bringing server back, bringing me back to the thanks for the mod)

Thanks again and I appreciate that the issue has been noticed, if there is something that can be run on a high pop server (for diag_logs) let us know in this thread, im sure some could assist

What I have found is that the periodic player save from player_spawn_2.sqf since 1.0.2 has been running full bore updating every player every 2 seconds. Pretty sure this is why it only becomes a problem with higher populations.

Okay and how do we fix this or will you release a fix? 

Can we just grab the player_spawn_2.sqf from the git and merge?

Edit>>

I mean put it in the mission file along with compiles.sqf?

should be, i pmed another member about testing this, my epoch is shut down and i dont know that i can get pop enough to test quickly (i.e. before next patch comes out)

Just for the record, I know a lot of your are having issues with 20 plus players I get it with 2. When another player logs in de-sync hits 10,000 and the red chain would appear. This also occured with another server with the same provider (HFB). I did raise a ticket with HFB but it was deleted due to the high volume of tickets they are receiving plus the DDOS attacks of late. Nearly all the issues I believe are with the database read/writes as otherwise the server runs very well. 

Has the player_spawn_2  changed on the git?

yes, been running for about 6 hours now. first reboot was still crappy, could have been other things though, may still need to do db wipe, i can see a bunch of chars that arent right.

either way, db writes seemed to be on time and traders worked, but i never hit more than 10 chars

yes, been running for about 6 hours now. first reboot was still crappy, could have been other things though, may still need to do db wipe, i can see a bunch of chars that arent right.

either way, db writes seemed to be on time and traders worked, but i never hit more than 10 chars

Would like to know where players_spawn_2 is located, cant seem to find it on git.

Edit: found it  :rolleyes:

I tried it and had a few members report they lost all their stuff again, traders seem to be working, starting to think my database may be messed up from this and thats my issue. If it continues i will do a full wipe.

scratch that, seems to be unrelated

Can u expand on this? Did i find the issue to be different then the player_spawn_2?