Increasing the number of zedz

BetterDeadThanZed

Question

I'm trying to increase the number of zedz that spawn on my server to levels that they will present a challenge. I've already modified them to be walking zedz with increased damage, but I can't seem to get a lot to spawn. I've done the following:

Set these values in init.sqf:

dayz_maxLocalZombies = 80;
dayz_maxGlobalZombiesInit = 80;
dayz_maxGlobalZombiesIncrease = 20;
dayz_maxZeds = 1000;

I went into the loottables and adjusted the CfgBuildingLoot.hpp and adjusted the spawn chances for each zombie type to spawn. ie:

zombieChance = 1;

I also increased the minRoaming and maxRoaming numbers:

minRoaming = 8; //2
maxRoaming = 18; //6
I'm just not getting the numbers of zedz spawning that I want. Anyone have any suggestions?

22 answers to this question

I'm trying to increase the number of zedz that spawn on my server to levels that they will present a challenge. I've already modified them to be walking zedz with increased damage, but I can't seem to get a lot to spawn. I've done the following:

Set these values in init.sqf:

dayz_maxLocalZombies = 80;
dayz_maxGlobalZombiesInit = 80;
dayz_maxGlobalZombiesIncrease = 20;
dayz_maxZeds = 1000;

I went into the loottables and adjusted the CfgBuildingLoot.hpp and adjusted the spawn chances for each zombie type to spawn. ie:

zombieChance = 1;

I also increased the minRoaming and maxRoaming numbers:

minRoaming = 8; //2
maxRoaming = 18; //6
I'm just not getting the numbers of zedz spawning that I want. Anyone have any suggestions?

Tbh I have the same problem. It just spawns 6 max, no matter how ridiculous I make those settings

hmm i did the same thing and i have a noticably amount of zombies that have increased :S ill try and look into what i did more, just hope  i can get a solution for you guys :o

Umm SadPanda; maybe what you could do is steal the solution from a mission file. 

But in all seriousness dude, I thought these variables work, will go try find something for you :D 

I'm on about this section in variables.sqf

if(isNil "dayz_maxGlobalZombiesInit") then {
	dayz_maxGlobalZombiesInit = 15;
};
if(isNil "dayz_maxGlobalZombiesIncrease") then {
	dayz_maxGlobalZombiesIncrease = 50;
};
if(isNil "dayz_maxZeds") then {
	dayz_maxZeds = 100;
};

I'm on about this section in variables.sqf

if(isNil "dayz_maxGlobalZombiesInit") then {
	dayz_maxGlobalZombiesInit = 15;
};
if(isNil "dayz_maxGlobalZombiesIncrease") then {
	dayz_maxGlobalZombiesIncrease = 50;
};
if(isNil "dayz_maxZeds") then {
	dayz_maxZeds = 100;
};

That just sets the defaults if they aren't defined in init.sqf. All of those values are set higher than those in my init.sqf.

Just had a quick search on GitHub for dayz_maxZeds and it appears in two sqf files and the variables.sqf.

Take a look at

SQF/dayz_code/compile/building_spawnZombies.sqf (lines 4-6)

and

SQF/dayz_code/compile/player_spawnCheck.sqf (Lines 132-151).

I would custom compile.sqf them to local copies and add diag_log lines to confirm the values of "dayz_maxGlobalZombiesInit", "dayz_maxGlobalZombiesIncrease" and "dayz_maxZeds" when the scripts are called.  It may turn out globally the 'world' is hitting a limit, even though there are only a few around your player or something is reducing values it thinks are way too high somewhere.

The files are most likely not the problem but they do the checks before spawning zombies so would be a good starting place to work back from and find out what is going wrong.

Putting in diag_log lines to report on the current zombie counts when the script is called will tell you why more zombies are not being spawned and then you can work back and find out what is calling the script and what is amending the zombie count.

It is not likely to be an easy fix if changing the global variables values is not working though as something, somewhere muct be affecting either the alive' zombie count or the max zombies alive count.

You may also use a triger sensor to spawn some more zed in some specified area ( and only in those specified area).

Then you can use as many triger as you want

Just make the whole map one repeating trigger, spawning in 400 zeds at server start, and 400 extra for every person joining.

If only the server could handle it :(

Maybe not at this point but you can use a triger sensor on some city or specific point and let it spawn 10 more zed for each player entering the sensor area.
Anyway, increasing the number of zed trought the maximumzed limits is risky as some lag may appear, especially if you use more zed+AI+missions and get a server with a lot of player in

I realize having too many zedz could affect performance but my plan was to edit the numbers for stability and if I was happy with their levels I'd replace the DZAI with the zeds. Unfortunately changing those numbers made no difference.

You could for a test remove all weapons from Dzai, and edit the skins to zedskins. As a matter of fact, Ima do this with missions in a bit, see what happens :p

I made zombies spawn in increased amounts through custom loot like noted in the above post. Still isn't the greatest method though since they only spawn from loot spawns. Would be nice to run into large random groups in wilderness and w/e.