[WIP] Building emails base owner about trespassers !?! WHAAAAT ?

Sandbird

Still need a lot of work....but you get the idea.

The idea is the base owner will be able to register his email inside the game on a laptop, and will have the option to activate the detection shield while he is not online.
(It will not activate when players from his friends list are there, so only unknown players will trigger it).
If someone approaches his base he'll get an email notification about the players attacking his base. (the email will also have a temporary unsubscribe link that deactivates the emailing system, to avoid spamming).

(who said that custom sqls are crap ?)

• 5 months later...

I had quit arma for a bit. I am back now..eventually i'll continue with this...but a fair warning. This requires custom SQLs, like Arma2Net..(maybe other custom dlls also if they allow writing to any table in any db).

Also an apache server on the same machine, so it can send emails.

And finally (well since you'll be able to add custom .dll to your root folder), another .dll file to handle the POST requests (getting info from ingame and use php to send that info in an email)

What an exellent and original idea :D

It's a shame all these cool new features are coming for A2 when it's approaching the end of its shelf life, Dayz/Epoch has made a huge difference to the ArmA community so ArmA 3 should be something very very special, I can't wait to see what ideas people come up with :)

If epoch is coming to the end of its life, and the developers allow others to continue, it will be 10 times better than anything seen before.

Epoch should be 'Opensource' type of thing, driven by a whole bunch of developers, player suggestions, polls and diversity. (which is not right now....people have been begging for customsqls since forever)

Custom SQLs could lift this thing in an unprecedented popularity. A3 would be stealing stuff from A2 epoch :P

But....the devs dont see things like this..They are obviously focused in A3 for $$$ reasons, trying to win the contest. I dont blame them.

• 1 year later...