You must be close to mine ore bug

Flosstradamus

Question

Here is the scenario

40 people on the server

About an hour into a 2 hour restart the server decides it doesn't want to let anyone in. So it says requesting authentication and retrying authentication 10 times. Followed by the message You must be close to mine ore. Then it kicks them back to the player screen.

I for the life of me cannot figure out this issue. I beg of anyone to please help me out with this. Any of you developers know? Maybe Maca or dave from MGT? Cen?

This is happening to my hosted server as well, i have been having serious server lag and desync after 30+ players on 3 hosts now within 2 months. I've been switching hosts thinking it was the cause of the very bad lag.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Is it infistar?

Here is the scenario

40 people on the server

About an hour into a 2 hour restart the server decides it doesn't want to let anyone in. So it says requesting authentication and retrying authentication 10 times. Followed by the message You must be close to mine ore. Then it kicks them back to the player screen.

I for the life of me cannot figure out this issue. I beg of anyone to please help me out with this. Any of you developers know? Maybe Maca or dave from MGT? Cen?

You must be close to mine ore? That code is not even used I would bet you have some issues with your custom changes. Look for errors in your RPT.

That was the oddest part of the error. There were no errors related in the rpt there was plenty of signs pointing toward our server not having the resources for the scripts and amount of players. I searched for those sets of words and I have yet to find those words in any custom files.

You must be close to mine ore? That code is not even used I would bet you have some issues with your custom changes. Look for errors in your RPT.

I was running a vanilla test server and was still experiencing the same issue. I just got my dedicated up and haven't noticed the issue pop up again.

Glad you got it sorted, sounds kinda like the previous server had old client files still installed or something.

Maybe the people having this issue haven't tweaked thier basic.cfg specific to thier servers network settings.  Just a hunch ;)

as far as i know, my basic.cfg is set up by my hosting company to be correct for their connection.

I've looked through the files and i don't see any old client files and i know that i haven't installed any, so how am i getting the mine ore bug?

I have a dedicated server now, and this is still an issue on my server.........3 hosts and now a dedicated... this can't be down to just the basic.cfg or some mod.

The issue only happens after 30 players or so and i had to raise the lobby idle time just to get players in the game.

With so many different servers having the issues across the board is it not possible it is infistar or batteye causing the issues?

I have a dedicated server now, and this is still an issue on my server.........3 hosts and now a dedicated... this can't be down to just the basic.cfg or some mod.

The issue only happens after 30 players or so and i had to raise the lobby idle time just to get players in the game.

With so many different servers having the issues across the board is it not possible it is infistar or batteye causing the issues?

I don't use Infistar, so that's not it... 

This error pops up when players can't authenicate. I haven't touched the basic.cfg in awhile, and haven't seen this since I started working on the SQL server settings. I assume it has something to do with not being able to get the information it needs from the SQL database, because the only way i've 100% replicated this was by accidentally deleting ibdata1 from the SQL server files (whoops). 

MinBandwidth=115200000;
MaxBandwidth=1073741824;
MaxMsgSend=128;
MaxSizeGuranteed=256;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=64;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.029999997;
MinErrorToSend=0.0019999994;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
class sockets
{
maxPacketSize=1400;
};
serverLongitude=23;
serverLatitude=41;
serverLongitudeAuto=23;
serverLatitudeAuto=41

Is what i'm currently using on my 1gbps dedi.

now, my dedicated server shows a 10gps link speed is that the connection speed i need to use to configure the basic.cfg?

If so how would i change the numbers that you have there?

MinBandwidth=115200000;
MaxBandwidth=1073741824;
MaxMsgSend=192;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=192;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.05;
MinErrorToSend=0.004;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_W=800;
Resolution_H=600;
Resolution_Bpp=32;

Is what I am currently using. Haven't had any hiccups in a week @ max load with 50 players and close to 8.5k objects.

[client]

port=3306

[mysql]

default-character-set=UTF8

[mysqld]

event_scheduler=on

# The TCP/IP Port the MySQL Server will listen on
port=3306

#Path to installation directory. All paths are usually resolved relative to this.
basedir="C:/Program Files/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.5/"

#Path to the database root
datadir="C:/ProgramData/MySQL/MySQL Server 5.5/Data/"

# The default character set that will be used when a new schema or table is
# created and no character set is defined
character-set-server=UTF8

# The default storage engine that will be used when create new tables when
default-storage-engine=INNODB

# Set the SQL mode to strict
sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

max_connections=100
query_cache_size=0