auto refuel

Achmed

is there going to be any type of auto refuel in epoch? i quite like the idea of being able to pull into a petrol garage and fill up a vehicle (or hover over it in a chopper). Is this going to be an option in the upcoming release or will it require a custom script?

They are adding auto refuel at stations but it requires you to have a build pole and a generator set up next too it, not sure on the full details. You can also currently auto refuel with a fuel truck.

I'm running RC2 at the moment, but I can't seem to get fuel trucks to refuel my vehicles.  Has there been a change made to them?  Also, as a host, how do I enable auto-refuel?  I've not seen a variable in the init.sqf for it.

From the 1.0.0.3 Dev build.

[CHANGED] Removed all infinite fueling sources and added(KamazRefuel_DZ, UralRefuel_TK_EP1_DZ,MtvrRefuel_DES_EP1_DZ) variants of the fuel trucks to remove auto refuel and increase siphon-able fuel capacity to 10000. Old style refuel can still be used if the variable dayz_oldrefuel = true is set in the missions init.sqf.

Yes, I saw that, but that still doesn't enable it for stations (if I remember correctly), which seemed to be a point of addition for this release judging by the conversation and notes.  Besides, setting this to true in my init.sqf doesn't appear to have had any effect on the V3S Refuel, at the very least.  I'm going to find another fuel truck in the database and try with one of those.

EDIT: Also verified with a MTVR and a Ural.  This setting has no effect, unless its case is incorrect and should be "dayz_oldRefuel" which I'll be trying shortly.

EDIT 2: Nope, changing the case didn't correct the issue.  Adding to GitHub.

EDIT 3: https://github.com/vbawol/DayZ-Epoch/issues/393

Just use Arma 2 editor and place US_WarfareBVehicleServicePoint_Base_EP1 in popular fuel stations by adding it to mission.sqf.

It enables refuelling of all vehicles, repairing of all vehicles and replenishes ammo of armed vehicles.

Oh, and it looks damn cool B)

Issue addressed.  To reenable auto-refuel from fuel trucks, as it was previously, just change all of the fuel trucks (in the database and spawn tables) to remove to "_DZ" from the classname.  Thanks, AWOL, for pointing that out.

• 2 weeks later...

I plan on adding a refuel script to a specific building class in my Trader Villages.

Hopefully soon I will make refuel possible at the Villages via a "Fuel Pass" that you can purchase from a vendor to enable this functionality, removing the fuel pass when you are done fueling up.

For now it will just be on as default in the villages.

• 2 weeks later...

If you wish to add a refuel script only to your server with control on the amount and also the object it ties to let me know, its not difficult to add in.

I know there is great debate over this and I really like where Epoch is going with generators and fuel stations (Cant want to be able to setup my own "Fuel Shop")

But to each their own.

What i would love but have no idea how to code is all of the petrol stations running as auto refuel but being very slow at doing it and also with a % chance of having no power and so needing a generator or looking for another station. All fuel tanks could be left the epoch way and fuel tankers auto refuel as well. For all of them you would need to be outside the vehicles and engin off.

Hope that all makes sence lol

Well the refuel script itself is only 2 files added to the mission folder/bpo. 

And one line of code added to the init.sqf file

With one line in one of he 2 files having a simple array to add building classes which I can also post up.

If your keen on this let me know.

Epoch I am pretty sure has some great plans for petrol stations so perhaps limit the refuel script to only a specific class that you add in yourself in locations you feel is applicable or .. remove it/dont use it if you prefer the default epoch model.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...