[How to/Update] Snap Build Pro W/ Admin Fast Build + Upgrade and Extra RC Building system

So, (prepare for a bit of reading) everyone has been posting in both raymix's thread and WGC GeekGarage's thread about whether Admin Fast Build/Upgrade can be included into Snap Build Pro, I decided I was going to look into the matter, it took me some time to get it worked out so i present to you, Snap Build Pro with Admin Instant Build/Upgrade.

CHANGELOG:

Update #9: Updated variant 2 + 3 to A Plot for life v2.34

Update #8: Added new variant from variant 2 but now includes needed changes for build vectors.

Update #7: Fixed 3 lines that caused objects to not snap to each other this occurred during the 1.4 to 1.4.1 update.

Update #6: Removed ghostriders changes as it seems to cause a building already in progress loop as it did on earlier versions.

Update #5: Updated Snap Build Pro to version 1.4 and merged in Ghostriders fixes, thanks for that broski!

Update #4: Updated to A Plot For Life v2.2.6 and changed the build distance checks as castle walls were causing a cancelled building issue.

Update #3: Updated Snap Build Pro to version 1.3.1.

Update #2: Updated Snap Build Pro to version 1.3.

Update #1: Updated distances so you can move up to 20 meters from where you started building on both versions and updated the the plot for life version to a plot for life v2.2.4.

INSTALLATION:

As I'm going to assume you all have Snap Build Pro installed already I will assume you already have a custom compiles, if you are yet to have installed Snap Build Pro, do so now and verify it works before trying this out, you will also need a custom variables file, again I'm not going to provide instructions on how to do this, there is plenty of information out there on how its done.  :P

As I'm running A Plot for life and Indestructible items for 1.0.5.1 with my Snap Build pro the file bellow is so you can be lazy without making the adjustments and just swap it out with mine.

Head to my github below and check for the version you wish to use.

Use the SnapPro+A files if you want the plain version of Snap Build Pro with Admin Build only.

Use the SnapPro+A+P4L+Inde files If you want the version of Snap Build Pro that has Admin Build, A Plot For Life and Indestructible items for 1.0.5.1.

Use the SnapPro+A+P4L+Inde+BuildVect files If you want the version of Snap Build Pro that has Admin Build, A Plot For Life, Indestructible items for 1.0.5.1 and Build Vectors.

Once you have verified that Snap Build Pro works, download whatever version of my files you need, if you wish to install different mods later I would recommend that you use the SnapPro+A set of files on Github, simply replace your current player_build.sqf with the one from the zip file.

FAST UPGRADE

Now, for fast upgrade you will need to go into your fn_selfActions.sqf and look for this

s_player_upgrade_build = player addAction [format[localize "STR_EPOCH_ACTIONS_UPGRADE",_text], "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_upgrade.sqf",_cursorTarget, -1, false, true, "",""];

and change to

s_player_upgrade_build = player addAction [format[localize "STR_EPOCH_ACTIONS_UPGRADE",_text], "PATH-TO-YOUR-CUSTOM-SCRIPTS\player_upgrade.sqf",_cursorTarget, -1, false, true, "",""];

Replace PATH-TO-YOUR-CUSTOM-SCRIPTS with the path to the directory in which you will be storing your custom scripts, e.g "custom\scripts\player_upgrade.sqf".

from there you need to go into your custom variables file and add this line

WG_adminBuild = ["0","0","0"]; 

very near the top just below this line

disableSerialization;

Replace the 0's with your PlayerUID/SteamUID's for the players and admins that you want to have access to instant building.  :D

REMOVING

For your players to be able to remove the custom buildables they make you will need to do the following.

Go into your custom variables again and find this line.

dayz_allowedObjects =

just below this line

WG_OwnerRemove =[];

and insert any of the class names of items you want in the custom build system.

Go back into your fn_selfActions.sqf and find

_isModular = _cursorTarget isKindOf "ModularItems"; 

and change it to this

_isModular = (_cursorTarget isKindOf "ModularItems") or ((typeOf _cursorTarget) in WG_OwnerRemove);

you must remember to add your custom items to the "dayz_allowedObjects" and "DZE_maintainClasses" sections in your variables.sqf any object you add to "DZE_isRemovable" will be removable by anyone!

That's it from me, from here you will want to go over to WGC GeekGarage's main post and read up on how to add the rest of the right click system and add the custom buildables in, here is a link to the original thread 

Credits to WGC GeekGarage and raymix for the original scripts, Acmed for Indestructible items for 1.0.5.1, RimBlock for Plot for Life, OtterNas3 for the original snap building that was a backbone for this project, Maca134 for originally creating the SnapBuild concept Otter's is based off and also his Extra RC, striker for Build Vectors in variant 3 and lastly Nekuan for keeping on pushing me to get this going!

I hope everyone enjoys this! If anyone needs help I will be available on my teamspeak @ ts.xexgaming.org and here on the forums! I will try to keep this updated and work out how to fix any bugs that you may come across! :D

~KamikazeXeX from XeXGaming

Credits

(OtterNas3)

(WGC GeekGarage)

(Achmed)

(Rimblock)

(RayMix)

(Striker)

Happy I could be your muse :D

Seriously though, I can't tell you enough how thankful I am for what you've done!

Also, for me it's working like a charm so thank you thank you thank you! :)

You was my influence! You were the force behind this :) I'm very grateful as it was a feature I wanted on my own server, you're are totally welcome!

I actually need to update the guide, I forgot a few steps :P glad to hear its working for you! :D

Thankz for this..

I had the instant upgrade working  before this release, but I spent hours with no luck on the instant build (used diffmerge to see differences)

yours is  working great, now I just need a pubber to see if they can still build normally..

thankz soo much for this.........

Sure i wouldn't mind :D

The allowed distance to move is in this line right?

if(_location1 distance _location2 > 10) exitWith {

Because that's set to 10 but it's being ignored.

Also:
Every now and then if you try to build something it immediatly gets cancelled after rightclicking it with the same error (moved too far away) although the player hasn't moved at all. Trying it a second time usually works though.

Another error mesage i just got was that a plotpole was required although there was one. Tried it another 3 times and then it worked ^^

Well what I wanna do then is jump up the distance to 30 and than we'll get 20m! xD As long as it works I'm happy to leave it the way it is, I'm not the best of scripters on these forums but hey i can atleast make a few people happy :D

• 4 weeks later...

Updated OP with new versions and added 2 extra credits, i think most of issues are ironed out now as i've had no reports of things not working anymore! I'll continue to update these with each version of each mod, P4L version will get updated as soon as i get the chance to, so busy with my server recently that i've not had time to update anything other than the snap build pro side of things, enjoy people!

Thanks man, quite glad my first community contribution has been enjoyed by alot of people (download count was quite high) even been incorporated into other people projects :D I owe it all to you for SnapPro, I remember staring at it for a week or more deciding if I should at it to my server as right click building's would have been missed but yeah it's all worked out nicely!

Update for 1.4 coming soon?

Update for v1.4 is up

Here is the one I cobbled together last weekend using yours for an older Pry's older merge of SnapBuildPro and PP4L - feel free to use what you like if it is helpful.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qywlvs3hgo5f9r/player_build.sqf?dl=0

Best,

Ghost

I'm sure some will find this useful

EDIT: What version is this, v1.4?

EDIT2: Merged your fixes into public release

Here is the one I cobbled together last weekend using yours for an older Pry's older merge of SnapBuildPro and PP4L - feel free to use what you like if it is helpful.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7qywlvs3hgo5f9r/player_build.sqf?dl=0

Best,

Ghost

I had to remove the fixes you made as that broke building all together, users reported it'd just say building already in progress, could have been a issue i made but it seemed to work perfect after removing your changes

Sorry to hear that. It did work fine for me on our servers.

The mistake here is mine as I was not clear about what has been merged to create this particular player_build.sqf and what mods it is intended to work with. I had posted this here just because I had originally taken your modifications and melded them with those needed for plot pole for life.

This player_build.sqf is designed to support the following:

KamikazeXeX's changes to Player_build.sqf to support extra_rc.hpp build system with a few changes to deal with minor undefined variable errors

Plot Pole 4 Life 1.31 (RimBlock)

Snap Build Pro 1.3 (Raymix)

Additional credit should go to PryMry on who's merge of PP4L and SnapBuildPro this merge was originally based.

The only other note is that Admin fastbuild is not enabled.

If you find this useful please feel free to use or modify as you like.

Edited by Ghostrider-DbD-

Sorry to hear that. It did work fine for me on our servers.

The mistake here is mine as I was not clear about what has been merged to create this particular player_build.sqf and what mods it is intended to work with. I had posted this here just because I had originally taken your modifications and melded them with those needed for plot pole for life.

This player_build.sqf is designed to support the following:

KamikazeXeX's changes to Player_build.sqf to support extra_rc.hpp build system with a few changes to deal with minor undefined variable errors

Plot Pole 4 Life 1.31 (RimBlock)

Snap Build Pro 1.3 (Raymix)

Additional credit should go to PryMry on who's merge of PP4L and SnapBuildPro this merge was originally based.

The only other note is that Admin fastbuild is not enabled.

If you find this useful please feel free to use or modify as you like.

Yeah it didn't seem to like it too well, all changes in these files i provide are changes i did myself from my servers, i was unaware of PryMry's merge for P4L so i made my own as i already used all of the mods in my files it was a case of pulling from my server and removing my server specific customs like checks to disallow building when close to a high loot building but other than that they're identical to what i run on my servers, i have 2 versions in my github on that has all of my changes for admin build and right click build and theres another version with them changes but includes P4L and Indestructible items for 1.0.5.1

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed reply, there is 2 variants i have on my github, 1 with Indestructibles for 1.0.5.1 and P4L and one without either mods just the upgrades, if you wish to use just Indestructibles for 1.0.5.1 then use my standalone variant and add in Indestructibles for 1.0.5.1 manually, if you use both additional mods then just swap out your files with mine