Arma 2 update 112555

cring0

We have the following problem: 
If you sell a vehicle at the trader, this disappears as usual. However, the action menu remains ​​at the point where the vehicle was. Thus, you can enter an invisible vehicle and then will not come out. 

Anybody know a fix?

If you sell a vehicle at the trader, this disappears as usual. However, the action menu remains ​​at the point where the vehicle was. Thus, you can enter an invisible vehicle and then will not come out. 

Anybody know a fix?

Same problem

Anybody know a fix?

It appears it's a bug with the 1.63.122555 beta.

http://dev.withsix.com/issues/72574#change-167152

Description

Repro:
  1. Create any Object (or place in Editor)
  2. Try to delete it via deleteVehicle

Obs:

The Object may be hidden, but in fact it still exists (isNull X == false).

For example you'll still be able to enter a Vehicle without any Problems or address it via scripting.

Pretty game breaking bug right there. sigh.

It seems we can only fix it with a newer beta. Sounds not good.

Script around it. Be creative. Teleport it away and let it explode. Yes, that is not included right now. Yes, you have to write that code on your own. Yes, you can learn that. :D

Anybody know a fix?

I was on Xenagos' server, bought a camo suv, arrow showed that it was spawning, took almost 2 minutes to appear, it appeared, went to access it and it disappeared, but its action menus were still accessible.  I couldn't get in it, but it was giving me all the options except lock/unlock.  Looked at trader and it wasn't highlighted... so it was kinda there but mostly not lol.

On the Dayz mod forum, they are telling people to install 124082: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/198513-arma2-oa-beta-patch-system-update-admins-clients-please-read/

"This is very important for all admins and players as the last beta version had massive issues with weaponholders and deletevehicle not working correct."

Guess that explains the problem with the vehicles not spawning.

Yeah I've started testing with the dev branch, 112555 is too broken to waste time scripting fixes around.  124802 seems stable so far, just testing some stuff to make sure everything works :)

It's a pity the DayzMod people pushed the 112555 beta patch onto the clients, with it being so broken and all. Guess they never tested it fully :wacko:  And reverting from 1.63 to 1.62 is a PITA, although do-able.  I've got it down to a fine art now :D

Ahh, well this may be the reason I am getting a lot of menu issues with the mod I am working on that should be unrelated to the changes I am making (running 1.63 although need to verify patch version).

So learning code, writing a fairly in-depth mod on a possibly buggy version of ARMA II.  Was surprised all the undefined variables were not fixed already, although TBH, it seems the reports are valid as the variables are not correctly defined... 

May have to regress the server and client :( .

Thanks for the info.

Seems like the answer is "no", there is no other way to get the update: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178577-ARMA-2-OA-Beta-build-124802-%281-63-build-Steam-only%29

At least not for now. Seems like we have to be patient and stay with the old patch. I mean pre-112555. DayZ Commander is still running. That gives us time and its probably anyway the tool most of the player use to connect to DayZ servers. I also guess this will delay the release of 1.0.5, but I gave up my hope to hear anything about that by the Epoch Devs. Transparency isn't really their thing. At least providing a cool Mod is theirs :D

124802 doesn't work, tried running as normal and beta, both gave errors

=====================================================================
== C:\Game servers\Epoch Dev Server\arma2oaserverDEV.exe
== arma2oaserverDEV.exe  -port=3333 -name=instance_11_Chernarus -profiles=instance_11_Chernarus -cfg=instance_11_Chernarus\basic.cfg -config=instance_11_Chernarus\config.cfg -mod=@DayZ_Epoch;@hive
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2014/06/03 10:45:21
Current time:  2014/06/03 10:52:36

Version 1.63.124802
=======================================================
-------------------------------------------------------
Exception code: C06D007E  at 74C2C41F
Version 1.63.124802
Fault address:  74C2C41F 01:0000B41F C:\Windows\syswow64\KERNELBASE.dll
file:     
world:    
Prev. code bytes: 0C EB 03 89 45 C0 8D 45 B0 50 FF 15 5C 11 C2 74
Fault code bytes: C9 C2 10 00 CC CC CC CC CC 8B FF 55 8B EC 56 8B

Registers:
EAX:0199FA04 EBX:00000000
ECX:00000001 EDX:00000000
ESI:00C2842C EDI:00000000
CS:EIP:0023:74C2C41F
SS:ESP:002B:0199FA04  EBP:0199FA54
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00000212
=======================================================
note: Minidump has been generated into the file instance_11_Chernarus\arma2oaserverDEV.mdmp
Edit: may have a fix

Grrrrrrrrr :(

I am working on a lot of stuff in Sandbirds editor and that is throwing errors for undefined variables aswell now.. I got my server rpt spams fixed mostly, having the same as MGT still though...

Ah i hate that about Arma ! You can never be sure it is your errors when writing code or theirs :/

Yeah I've started testing with the dev branch, 112555 is too broken to waste time scripting fixes around.  124802 seems stable so far, just testing some stuff to make sure everything works :)

It's a pity the DayzMod people pushed the 112555 beta patch onto the clients, with it being so broken and all. Guess they never tested it fully :wacko:  And reverting from 1.63 to 1.62 is a PITA, although do-able.  I've got it down to a fine art now :D

I was able to switch from 112555 to 103718 simply by using DayzCommander. It took mere moments. Same with my server. Just selected whichever beta I wanted and easily downgraded.

I was able to switch from 112555 to 103718 simply by using DayzCommander. It took mere moments. Same with my server. Just selected whichever beta I wanted and easily downgraded.

Not with me, if I try with dayzcommander it gives an error that 1.62 is older then 1.63 and just.. stops

Not with me, if I try with dayzcommander it gives an error that 1.62 is older then 1.63 and just.. stops

Check your inbox, pm'd you the fix.  I did post it on these forums when 1.63 got pushed through steam before, but that post has vanished :D

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

would this link help ?

Thats for the 1.63.112555 and pervious betas.

Current dev branch beta is 1.63.124802, which is only available by switching your Steam version of A2:OA to the beta/dev branch.

MGT, I have 124802 working on my local test server, fixing up a test on my dedi atm, see if it spits out any errors on a Xeon :D

Also, add these to the top of your config.cfg file:

steamport =8766;  //default 8766, needs to be unique if multiple serves on same box

steamqueryport =22816; //default 27016, needs to be unique if multiple servers on same box

Apparently it freaks if you don't put these in :)