Break Indestructible Base Doors With Chainsaw.

Nocturnal Entertainment™

Question

8 answers to this question

Personally, I took off the indestructible bases option, IMHO it ruined the realism. If players build with Cinder Blocks it's virtually indestructible anyways. if they build with Metal walls and floors, nothing will get through and if they build with wood, well, they get what they pay for. lol. Would be curious to see if this is possible though. If I find out i will post here. Cheers

I agree, Indestructible bases does spoil it slightly however its only installed as we have huge in-game built features on our servers eg. a giant pirate ship which is made up of almost 400 buildables, and we want these features to last forever on the server. (or at least till I get done building it in the editor and call it though a script, Then I can simply just use this allowDamage false; and remove the indestructible bases addon. Unfortunately its a rather big job to do in the editor as the 3d editor is extremely temperamental and unfinished and will take a while, which is why I'm looking for a way to allow the chainsaw to brake down the current indestructible wooden doors.

I agree, Indestructible bases does spoil it slightly however its only installed as we have huge in-game built features on our servers eg. a giant pirate ship which is made up of almost 400 buildables, and we want these features to last forever on the server. (or at least till I get done building it in the editor and call it though a script, Then I can simply just use this allowDamage false; and remove the indestructible bases addon. Unfortunately its a rather big job to do in the editor as the 3d editor is extremely temperamental and unfinished and will take a while, which is why I'm looking for a way to allow the chainsaw to brake down the current indestructible wooden doors.

I totally get that, not wanting something that you spent so long building to get spoiled. Heres an idea, and this is just me thinking out loud. Let's use your pirate ship for example. Once you are done with it and load into the game, would it work if you went into the database and found those 400 items and removed the line that gives them hitpoints? Then you can turn destruction back on and those particular structure pieces would be undamagable?

Hey thanks ZeroK00L.

Yeah that would work but would take an extreme amount of effort to change the values of about 400 items, I'm sure there's a query that could be executed and get this done instantly but I'm not so good with sql and wouldn't know the correct query to execute. A thought I just had while reading/replying to your post was to create a script that that would give all epoch buildables in a defined area invulnerability. Then remove indestructible bases.

Also does anyone know if the chainsaw actually does damage to wooden doors without indestructible bases active? If not I revert to my first post.

Thanks

I did it like this: use cpc indestructable bases fix but only insert der classnames for metal floors and cinderblock walls and doors, that way wood is still destructable and cinder and metal isnt