Should i buy arma 2 to get dayz epoch?

ItzBeastly

I want really a fan about dayz until i bough the standalone and then i fell in love with dayz. People kept on telling me if i love it now wait till it comes out with cars and stuff like base building and the thought of that made me want that right now. I came here to find out if it was going to be worth it to buy arma 2 to get the dayz epoch for those things and if i should then what should i buy arma 2 combined operations or the complete collection. I would also like to ask a few questions about Dayz epoch and other mods for dayz

1. Do i just one character or a character for every server? ( i would assume with base building and other stuff like that it would be one for every server)

2. I had only looked into dayz epoch (that's why i am posting this here because i will mainly play epoch) but i would like to know if there are any other good mods out there that are almost as good or even better than epoch.

3. would the game run better if i got dayz complete collection instead of combined operations or would it be the same?

Thx for reading and helping me out with this :D