[How To/Update] Build Snap with Right Click custom build, admin fast build + upgrade Version 1.6.5 IMPORTANT UPDATE: extra_rc

By request I have updated the player_build file for snapping so it will work with admin fast build (not remove) and right click custom build

Always do a backup of your own player_build.sqf before going further!

I do NOT take credit for anything other than the changes to the file. The majority of the script was done by Maca134 and OtterNas3 and Epoch Dev Team

Requirements:

- Install Maca134's right click script - http://epochservers.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=13

- Install Build Snap Extended - 

Now to the update

Download this SQF file and replace the player_build.sqf in your Mission PBO\custom\snap_build folder:

http://www.wreckinggames.net/download/player_build.sqf

in your variables.sqf add this line

WG_adminBuild = ["123456789","987654321"]; 

near the top just below

disableSerialization;

add player UID's to this array (change the example UID's) for those players who should have fast build

Here is an example of the extra_rc.hpp, i have used the ruby as a test inventory item

class ExtraRc {
 class ItemRuby {
  class menuItem1 {
    text = "Sandbag Tower";
    script = "[""Land_Fort_Watchtower_EP1"",[""ItemToolbox"",""ItemHatchet_DZE""],[[""ItemRuby"", 1],[""PartGeneric"", 1]],[0,6.5,2.5]] execVM ""custom\snap_build\player_build.sqf"";";
  };
 };
};

Here is how the array works:

script = "[""Land_Fort_Watchtower_EP1"",[""ItemToolbox"",""ItemHatchet_DZE""],[[""ItemRuby"", 1],[""PartGeneric"", 1]],[0,6,2.5]] execVM ""custom\snap_build\player_build.sqf"";";

""Land_Fort_Watchtower_EP1"" is the object you want to build

[""ItemToolbox"",""ItemHatchet_DZE""] is the toolbelt items needed to build the object

[[""ItemRuby"", 1],[""PartGeneric"", 1]] List of items needed to build construction. Only have one of each item name and then set the number to how many of that item. If only a single item the array should look like this [[""PartGeneric"", 1]]

[0,6,2.5] is the item offset from your character. First number is Left/Right offset, second number is front/back offset, last number is Up/Down offset. Remember that comma is the seperator between the number and period is decimal seperator!

also remember the double quotes are VERY important around class names!

To be able to remove custom items as an owner only this is how you would go about it:

In your variables.sqf i would recommend near dayz_allowedObjects create a new public array containing the objects you would be able to remove i call mine 

WG_OwnerRemove =[]; 

insert any classname you want from the custom build system.

in the custom fn_selfAction.sqf find

_isModular = _cursorTarget isKindOf "ModularItems"; 

and change it to 

_isModular = (_cursorTarget isKindOf "ModularItems") or ((typeOf _cursorTarget) in WG_OwnerRemove);

remember to add your custom objects in "dayz_allowedObjects" and "DZE_maintainClasses" in your variables.sqf any object added to "DZE_isRemovable" every one have a chance to remove!

Remember to share any objects that you might add so we all don't need to sit and create offsets for the same items and please only for items that you cannot already build in Epoch system

http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php?title=Modular_Building_System

http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php?title=Crafting_System

Now to the admin fast upgrade, download the following file

http://www.wreckinggames.net/download/player_upgrade.sqf

Now just redirect in your fn_selfaction.sqf to the new player_upgrade.sqf where the current player_upgrade.sqf is being called

This requires that you have "WG_adminBuild" in your variables.sqf!

The reason why i added fast build and upgrade for admins is that I suck at using the 3D map editor, but wanted to build some event houses here and there on the map, so i use this fast build to do it. Just know that i think that admin fast build should not be misused by admins in any way just because you don't like to wait, if you play with your players, do it fully legit or you are a coward.

To be able to remove non-target able objects you need to copy object_removeNet.sqf from dayz_code\compile and put it into your mission file.

Then in compiles.sqf you need to redirect it to your mission file and then open it and add the item to the array with the nets.

Now when standing on heli pad you can right click your toolbox and use the remove net option and it will remove the heli pad

I'm hosting the files myself so it won't get deleted by accident

If you like my small update please visit my servers :) all info on www.wreckinggames.net

- GeekGarage

The lists below the pictures are from left to right

custom_build.png

Sign_Checkpoint_US_EP1 == [0,2,0.45]

Land_vez == [0,4,4.6]

Land_Ind_IlluminantTower == [0,3,10] (To get tower to illuminate use this)

Land_A_Castle_Stairs_A == [-4,6,3.8] (Class Name Will Spawn loot)

Land_radar_EP1 == [0,4.5,6.7]

Land_Ind_TankSmall2_EP1 == [0,3,1.5] (Will work as a fuel source)

Land_Fort_Watchtower_EP1 == [0,6.5,2.5]

Land_fortified_nest_big_EP1 == [0,8,1.1] (Class Name Will Spawn loot)

staticBuild2.png

MAP_Misc_WellPump == [0,3,0.9]

Land_pumpa == [0,4.5,1.2]

Land_Fire_barrel_burning == [0,2,0.65] (I know you can build this from epoch system but not with spawn in fire)

Land_Campfire_burning == [0,4,0.4]

ASC_runway_BluelightB == [0,2,0.2]

ASC_runway_YellowlightB == [0,2,0.2]

HeliHCivil == [0,7.5,0]

customBuild3.png

"Land_CncBlock_Stripes" == [0,2,0.4]
"RampConcrete" == [0,8,0.5]
"ZavoraAnim" == [0,3,4.4]
"Land_Climbing_Obstacle" == [0,3,1.1]
"WarfareBCamp" == [0,10,1.1]
"mbg_slum03h_EO" == [0,3,1.7]
"mbg_slum02_EO" == [0,3,1.6]
"mbg_slum01_EO" == [0,3,1.6]

customBuild4.png

"MAP_leseni4x" == [0,3,3.87]
"MAP_leseni2x" == [0,3,1.55]

All of the above pre-configured in one file to my likings (updated to support the new "Multiple of one item" system)

http://www.wreckinggames.net/download/extra_rc.hpp (this also contains view distance settings on Binoculars and range finders)

In this post on my website you can find info on what is needed to build the objects if you use my preconfigured file

http://wreckinggames.net/index.php/component/kunena/des-info/121-custom-build-system-item-right-click

In your variables.sqf

Add these to your "dayz_allowedObjects" and "DZE_maintainClasses"

"Land_Fort_Watchtower_EP1","MAP_Misc_WellPump","Land_pumpa","Land_Fire_barrel_burning","FireBarrel_DZ","Land_Campfire_burning","ASC_runway_BluelightB","ASC_runway_YellowlightB","HeliHCivil","Land_fortified_nest_big_EP1","Land_radar_EP1","Land_Ind_IlluminantTower","Land_vez","Land_A_Castle_Stairs_A","Sign_Checkpoint_US_EP1","Land_Ind_TankSmall2_EP1","Land_CncBlock_Stripes","ZavoraAnim","RampConcrete","WarfareBCamp","Land_Climbing_Obstacle","MAP_leseni2x","MAP_leseni4x","mbg_slum01_EO","mbg_slum02_EO","mbg_slum03h_EO" 

to fix loot spawning either change player_spawnCheck.sqf code so loot won't spawn within plot area or choose another class name

if you choose the first option i got a premade (not by me) player_spawnCheck.sqf you can download from here

http://www.wreckinggames.net/download/player_spawnCheck.sqf

This will remove building zombie and loot spawns within 50 meters from plot pole (or it will actually not allow loot and zombies to spawn)

I would give proper credit for the file but i can't remember where i got it, so if you know who the original coder/updater is do tell :)

So to add multiple i would do this?

class ExtraRc {	
    class ItemRuby {
        class menuItem1 {
	    text = "Sandbag Tower";
            script = "[""Land_Fort_Watchtower_EP1"",[""ItemToolbox"",""ItemHatchet_DZE""],""ItemRuby"",[0,6.5,2.5]] execVM ""custom\snap_build\player_build.sqf"";";
		};
	class menuItem2 {
	    text = "Water Well";
	    script = "[""MAP_Misc_WellPump"",[""ItemToolbox"",""ItemHatchet_DZE""],""ItemRuby"",[0,6.5,2.5]] execVM ""custom\snap_build\player_build.sqf"";";
		};
	};
};

So to add multiple i would do this?

class ExtraRc {	    class ItemRuby {        class menuItem1 {	    text = "Sandbag Tower";            script = "[""Land_Fort_Watchtower_EP1"",[""ItemToolbox"",""ItemHatchet_DZE""],""ItemRuby"",[0,6.5,2.5]] execVM ""custom\snap_build\player_build.sqf"";";		};	class menuItem2 {	    text = "Water Well";	    script = "[""MAP_Misc_WellPump"",[""ItemToolbox"",""ItemHatchet_DZE""],""ItemRuby"",[0,6.5,2.5]] execVM ""custom\snap_build\player_build.sqf"";";		};	};};

try redownload it i just updated it. think it was due to the offset limit. If it still don't work post your extra_rc

I'm still getting the "cancel building" on everything. Tried to put down a plot pole and it did it. Any ideas? 

Will this place the object down at the desired position[ (1,3,1.5) for example ] or will you still get the Epoch building system where you can adjust the height and position ?

it will work like epoch build system (as it's the same system being used) where you can adjust height and rotation with keyboard and the placement by walking

if you are referring to the offset coords in the array, think of it as the distance/offset between center of your character and center of the object