Vehicle Spawn Bug 1.0.4.1 & 2a

tux-box1

Question

Problem discription:

Vehicles do not spawn on server restart via battleye extended controls or via ingame contorl pannel.

If I shutdown the map/server compleetly and start it again the vehicles spawn like you would expect.

Trouble shooting steps:

Changed [ObjectDB] Use = true to false

Updated from 1.0.4.1 to 1.0.4.2a

Spoke with axle via TS and was directed to open a ticket.

RPT log

http://pastebin.com/AvRMZ3zZ

8 answers to this question

That's concerning, I admit I only copied the server.pbo over and left it unchanged. Where their other files changed other than the ones in server.pbo?

I may have given you the wrong logfiles. The "rotate logs.bat" file was configured wrong, I've fixed that now and I'll post the new ones at lunch. I'm not at a computer so can't do a soft restart to replicate the problem right now. 

Ok, in an effort to be through, I've executed operation clean slate. I have ecentually started over from scratch. I know it's extreme but I wanted to rule out every thing. 

What I have done.

Completely wiped arma2 and arma2 oa from the system.

Re-installed arma2 and arma2 oa

re-downloaded a fresh copy of 1.0.4.2a hot fix from 

Copied the hotfix to the arma2/arma2oa directory.

Setup a new database, configured hive.ini

Ran the server as vanilla. 

Went in game and checked, objects are as they should be(never had a problem from fresh start)

Rebooted the arma2 oa server from within the game, on reboot objects did not spawn.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

When you say "Rebooted" do you mean you logged into Rcon and hit Restart/Used the restart command in BEC?

The Rcon/BEC Restart has always been dodgy with Dayz as 99.9% of the time it doesn't reconnect to the hive/db correctly, if at all.  As all your essentially doing is restarting/reloading the mission file.

It's a lot cleaner and guarunteed to work if you actually shutdown the process(es) and restart them.

Which can be done with a batch file call within your bec schedule, like so:

Example BEC Scheduler Call:

<!-- 08:00 restart -->
    <job id="4">
        <time>08:00:00</time>
        <delay>000000</delay>
        <day>1,2,3,4,5,6,7</day>
        <loop>1</loop>
        <cmd>x:\YourServer\Directory\ServerRestart.bat</cmd>
        <cmdtype>1</cmdtype>            
    </job>

Example ServerRestart.bat

taskkill /im arma2oaserver.exe
taskkill /im bec.exe

timeout 10

:: start the server..
set dayzpath="x:\Path\To\Server\BatchFile\"
cd /d %dayzpath%
start "" "DayZ_Epoch_instance_13_Tavi.bat"

timeout 10
:: start bec
set becpath="x:\YourServer\Directory\instance_13_tavi\BEC\"
cd /d %becpath%
start "" "bec.exe" -f config.cfg

cls
@exit

x:\Path\To\Server\BatchFile\ == Directory where your .bat file to start the server is located. 

Change the start "" "DayZ_Epoch_instance_13_Tavi.bat" line to whatever your startup batch file is called.

set becpath="x:\YourServer\Directory\instance_13_tavi\BEC\"    Change this to the location of your BEC install.

The above script will kill the arma2oaserver + bec processes, wait 10 seconds, relaunch the server via bat file, and 10 seconds later, relaunch bec.

It's a little crude but it does the job if your hosting your own server.

If your hosted by a game server company, talk to them, most of them have a game control panel with restart/auto-restart functionality built in.

It's like this. If I went in game loged in as admin and restarted the server or used the "restart command" using BEC when the server started up no vehicles would spawn. If I closed out the server process and restarted it then the vehicles would spawn. I never had this problem before the 1.0.4 update, in fact it seams this is a known problem. I spoke with one of the DEV's and was directed to update to 1.0.4.2a. 

I have rolled back to 1.0.3.1 because I have had nothing but problems trying to get 1.0.4+ to work. It would work great then break, some maps would work while others would not(Cherno vs takistan). I've been running my own server since 1.0.2.6 so It's not like I'm supper new at this. 

I've been thinking about an external "restart" script, Thank you for posting that code. I'm currently working on a install script for dz epoch now. Maybe I'll post the code.. not sure tho, I don't want to break any rules.