Shorter trading animations?

Kroenen

Is it possible in a future update to change the animation used when buying/selling to a trader to a shorter one? The current 'medic' animation is simply too long when you want to sell like 12 ammo mags...you can go make a cup of tea and it's still going when you get back! :)

• 3 months later...

bump, I would love my player to do an animation that happens when you pick an item from the floor.

Really ?.  Everyting time you pick up a single object from the floot you want it to play a 3+ second animation even if you have zombies or players chasing you.  I can see that getting very frustrating very quickly.

Is it possible in a future update to change the animation used when buying/selling to a trader to a shorter one? The current 'medic' animation is simply too long when you want to sell like 12 ammo mags...you can go make a cup of tea and it's still going when you get back! :)

Very easy to change but any suggestions which one to use that does not look ridiculous for trading.

The better suggestion is a trader gui where you can purchase or sell multiple quantities of an item in a single animation.  Epoch has a trader GUI in the code but it is not active AFAIK.  Not sure if it will be activated with 1.0.5 or is being expored for a future release / was a canned experiment.

I will be looking at traders and guis for a future mod I have in the queue (see my sig).

RB

Really ?.  Everyting time you pick up a single object from the floot you want it to play a 3+ second animation even if you have zombies or players chasing you.  I can see that getting very frustrating very quickly.

RB

I think he means that he'd like the trading animation to be the pickup aimation

I saw the medic animation is coded in trade_items.sqf/trade_vehicles.sqf/... in dayz_code. But I dont think there is a way to redifine all those files in mission.pbo

I checked compiles, self actions, but no luck :(

I saw the medic animation is coded in trade_items.sqf/trade_vehicles.sqf/... in dayz_code. But I dont think there is a way to redifine all those files in mission.pbo

I checked compiles, self actions, but no luck :(

It is possible. I made an singleCurrency system that needs to change this files anyways. I'll give a quick example folllowing.

bump, I would love my player to do an animation that happens when you pick an item from the floor.

You'll need to edit your trading sqf's, NOTE for every type of item/vehicle, there is a dif one, u can see this code:

player playActionNow "Medic"; // change this to another one, or leave out animation like explained later.

_animState = animationState player;
    r_doLoop = true;
    _started = false;
    _finished = false;

while {r_doLoop} do {
        _animState = animationState player;
        _isMedic = ["medic",_animState] call fnc_inString;
        if (_isMedic) then {
            _started = true;
        };
        if (_started and !_isMedic) then {
            r_doLoop = false;
            _finished = true;
        };
        if (r_interrupt) then {
            r_doLoop = false;
        };
        sleep 0.1;
    };
    r_doLoop = false;

Basicly what it does is play the medical action and keeps looking until it's finished every 0.1 sec.

So change your action to a diff one of your likings. Or just put sleep, 2 sec (for example : just delete the while loop and its content then) for just waiting with no actions.

NOW where the fuck u find this ^^ ( ill give u locations later cus i'm at work and i dont have dayz files on my work laptop)

well in your compiles u need to call this ( custom functions for your traders) which will override your old one.^^ 

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "gold\player_traderMenu.sqf"; 

You'll need your trade_any_verhicle.sqf and the others on in a folder and change all references in traderMenu to the new folder. AND change the medic animation in every trade file

I'm not at home atm, so i'll look this evening if u can find that somewhere in dayz_code or somewhere ( been a while since i did this)

Thanks, i got it working

Can i post a noob instructions post on a new thread? i will make sure to give credits to you?

pls, and thanks for your help

sure man ^^ 

and the files ahm. These are the ones i use for my  single currency, i made it buy/sell for items cus of the complexity of the single currency selling.

79c623a224.png

• 6 months later...