Updating from 1.0.4 to 1.0.4.1 - Server is running outdated Version ...

Question

Hi there, i have updated my Server from 1.0.4 to 1.0.4.1 and get the error that the Server is running an outdated Version (black screen kicks me back to lobby).

I have absolutely no idea what went wrong, there are no errors in the server.rpt

any ideas what might cause this ?

I did the update twice, exactly the same way i updated before from other versions...

Did the 1.0.4.1 update change anything in the hiveext.dll ??

thanks for your help

22 answers to this question

jeah i did everything twice, i simply cant figure it out. im trying now to download the files from epochmod.com and not through dayzcommander probably that helps...

Sorry if it is off topic, but is it possible to manually update from 1.0.4 to 1.0.4.1 with hfb host? Their CP is very much like vilaer, where i heard it's possible and has something called "custom mods", but there is no clear up to date tutorial about updating it. Thanks for any input.

This is why I never "rush" in for the updates, wait a while, let the dust settle & server providers take the stress before updating ;)

I like it when they release on Wednesday, since I work Thurs - Sat 12 hour shifts. It gives me several days to watch for error reports. I've still got my server on 1.0.3.1. :)

This is why I never "rush" in for the updates, wait a while, let the dust settle & server providers take the stress before updating ;)

well, 1.0.4.0 didn't even started correctly, so i was hoping maybe 1.0.4.1 would work, but now it's the version missmatch, i don't really know if it's a step forward or backwards

I'm getting the same error, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with being takistan or not. I noticed that there was a takistan_vilayer bikey. I pruned it along with everything but the specified files. oddly enough, the vilayer ones are the only ones I didn't have copies for in the update files.

I'm wondering, am I fine making new pbo files with the stuff included or do I actually have to strip the old ones and update the existing ones with the new?

I'm getting the same error, I'm not sure if this has anything to do with being takistan or not. I noticed that there was a takistan_vilayer bikey. I pruned it along with everything but the specified files. oddly enough, the vilayer ones are the only ones I didn't have copies for in the update files.

I'm wondering, am I fine making new pbo files with the stuff included or do I actually have to strip the old ones and update the existing ones with the new?

Are you hosted with Vilayer? As far as I know, they haven't even made the 1.0.4.1 update available yet.

negative, hfbservers... I decided to make the jump after a non-alcohol induced frenzy, that and I saw that sadistic intentions also moved their server over. There is some kind of weird symbiotic relationship with takistan and vilayer, though they aren't exclusive.

hfb hasn't released a canned update for 1.0.4.1 yet, I ended up reverting back to a previous version. I'll have to wait for that, though I really don't want to.

well, making a clean installation should always work...

making a folder, copy in arma 2, arma 2 OA, epoch server and client folders, edit the configs and copy them to the right folder and starting via the given batch files

(database is configured and setup right aswell)

so plz tell me my mistake then -.-