wierd rpt error ...

Halvhjearne

Question

ok so i decided to test a new host and went with GTXgaming servers this time and what better opportunity for me to both do this test and same time make the new updated epoch files ready for the rest of my servers, i thought this was perfect ...

however i am getting a wierd error in my server rpt file now, and at first i thought it was one of my mods, but i tried now even with default files i still get the same error.

when i ask GTXgaming, i got the answer back:

Maybe its a normal error, is it impacting on gameplay at all?

and sinse GTXgaming aparently does not care much, i decided to try and ask here, if someone knows what the problem is?

is it me doing something wrong or is there a problem with GTXgaming servers?

this is the error i get:

14:32:10 "DayZ Epoch: PRELOAD Functions\init [[<No group>:0 (FunctionsManager)],any]"
14:32:10 "DayZ Epoch: MPframework inited"
14:32:11 Error in expression <;
_recompile = (count _this) > 0;

if (BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {t>
14:32:11   Error position: <BIS_fnc_init && !_recompile) exitwith {t>
14:32:11   Error Undefined variable in expression: bis_fnc_init
14:32:11 File ca\Modules\Functions\init.sqf, line 28
14:32:33 "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf:Monitoring Remote Exe..."
14:32:33 "Res3tting B!S effects..."
14:32:33 "HIVE: Starting"

if i run default files, this seems to be the only error i get (withing 5-10min).

if i start trying to run my mods, it will start spamming countless errors ... (also withing 5-10min).

what am i doing wrong here, can anyone help please?

17 answers to this question

Their serverside clientfiles are broken.

Im running the latest clientfiles on my server aswell and dont have any rpt errors at all...

GSPs tend to be lazy as f***.

when i told them it was unacceptable to recive a fresh rented and installed server with an error like this, i got this message:

Karl Griffin, GTX Manager:

not all server logs containing errors are important or something to worry about, your server functions correctly having fully tested it personally.

even tho it clearly shows problem loading arma functions init ... also if i attempted to install anything custom, server would freakout completely and and spam logs with errors.

when i asked for my money back the answer was:

Karl Griffin, GTX Manager:

No because the error in question has no affect on the server being operational and can fully perform as with any other server.

The best I can do is reinstall you're server.

this was a test to see if the were eligible for use as host ... (do i need to say, they failed miserable?)

not exactly the customer service i was looking for tbh ...

Ditch GTX. They systematically scam people and although they're from England, their English is complete (fill in) as you've probably seen for yourself already. Personally to me they seem a bunch of incompetent people who don't know anything at all about software/hardware. This Matthew Griffin from GTX tried to convince me that 2 regular HDD's in raid0 would be as fast as SSD. lol.

They ripped me off with this french XEPARIS2 server. Although it states 8 cores, it was actually 4 core / 8 thread. Although i ordered 320GB SSD, i only got 240GB.

They even DARED to give me a USED dedibox (register full of left-over programs that were simply deleted by right-click/remove) all kind of old folders over the whole disk to be found. (steam, games etc etc.)

Within 24 hours i asked for my money back, but Matthew simply stated "You're being not fair to me". Completely ignoring every fact about false information etc. So i wanted to get it back through paypal. Paypal actually denied my request for giving my money back! Really uncalled for, i have no idea why and how they could decide it like that.

Not done with them yet though ;)

And you're not the first one who's been told that it's not their fault but yours/someone else. Look up some reviews on google for your own sake.

Gtx are resellers.They buy servers from other companies for half what they sell them.They do no programing.Tickets get forwarded to the appropriate host and then bounced back as replies are given.They are from mom's basement.Xtreme gaming is the same deal.They may even be the same company.This is why they will fight to never give a refund.They already paid for the server and will loose on the deal.

(edit-spelling)

Survival Servers man, they are great for host providers if you don't need to bug their tickets all the time. 

They do always take really long to respond but it doesn't bother me because I haven't had any problems to the point where I really need them.

$25, free infistar antihack....pretty much all the mods, you should go check them out.

Survival Servers man, they are great for host providers if you don't need to bug their tickets all the time. 

They do always take really long to respond but it doesn't bother me because I haven't had any problems to the point where I really need them.

$25, free infistar antihack....pretty much all the mods, you should go check them out.

are you serious here?

you think GTXservers are bad hosts, but you want me to switch to ss servers?

that would be like switching out pest for cholera ... there would be no point in that.

1. i have already had ss server and you (dont even) get what you pay for.

2. ss servers are so bad, they could barely handle 20 man on a server ... i would hate to try it with any more than that

3. connection response from ss servers are so slow for both ftp and database, that sometimes you can actually loose connection while waiting for response (not to mention connecting with a client sometimes failed aswell).

it was wierd really, since i had decent ping to the server, yet connection was just horrible.

4. they have no idea how to manage arma servers or any understanding of the code used for this and will not hisitate to tell you lies in order to shut you up.

5. the antihack they provide for free, is pretty much always out of date, they will offer no support for it whatsoever, any errors caused by the antihack, they will claim is caused by you or your mods, they will not do simple edits of it, even tho you can provide clear instructions on what they need to do (most likely cause they have no understanding of the code, not to mention the fact that infistar writes in his notes that they are blacklisted).

after trying ss servers, my next host i actually loaded pretty much same pbo files into this system and it ran beautiful right from begining...

ill stop all my ranting here and just come to the conclusion that most of these companys have pretty much the same deal and i will just have to try and setup my own box sometime soon, since none of the host i have tested so far, is actually living up to expectations anyway ...

Ditch GTX. They systematically scam people and although they're from England, their English is complete (fill in) as you've probably seen for yourself already. Personally to me they seem a bunch of incompetent people who don't know anything at all about software/hardware. This Matthew Griffin from GTX tried to convince me that 2 regular HDD's in raid0 would be as fast as SSD. lol.

They ripped me off with this french XEPARIS2 server. Although it states 8 cores, it was actually 4 core / 8 thread. Although i ordered 320GB SSD, i only got 240GB.

They even DARED to give me a USED dedibox (register full of left-over programs that were simply deleted by right-click/remove) all kind of old folders over the whole disk to be found. (steam, games etc etc.)

Within 24 hours i asked for my money back, but Matthew simply stated "You're being not fair to me". Completely ignoring every fact about false information etc. So i wanted to get it back through paypal. Paypal actually denied my request for giving my money back! Really uncalled for, i have no idea why and how they could decide it like that.

Not done with them yet though ;)

And you're not the first one who's been told that it's not their fault but yours/someone else. Look up some reviews on google for your own sake.

As a registered UK company they have to follow the sale of goods act, If you're in the UK complain until you get a deadlock letter.

Once you have that you can take them to a small claims court, piss easy to do and only costs £27 (Free if you recieve tax credis) and you get the fee plus any costs back if you win.

Hit the scammers where it hurts, right in the wallet :D

are you serious here?

you think GTXservers are bad hosts, but you want me to switch to ss servers?

that would be like switching out pest for cholera ... there would be no point in that.

1. i have already had ss server and you (dont even) get what you pay for.

2. ss servers are so bad, they could barely handle 20 man on a server ... i would hate to try it with any more than that

3. connection response from ss servers are so slow for both ftp and database, that sometimes you can actually loose connection while waiting for response (not to mention connecting with a client sometimes failed aswell).

it was wierd really, since i had decent ping to the server, yet connection was just horrible.

4. they have no idea how to manage arma servers or any understanding of the code used for this and will not hisitate to tell you lies in order to shut you up.

5. the antihack they provide for free, is pretty much always out of date, they will offer no support for it whatsoever, any errors caused by the antihack, they will claim is caused by you or your mods, they will not do simple edits of it, even tho you can provide clear instructions on what they need to do (most likely cause they have no understanding of the code, not to mention the fact that infistar writes in his notes that they are blacklisted).

after trying ss servers, my next host i actually loaded pretty much same pbo files into this system and it ran beautiful right from begining...

ill stop all my ranting here and just come to the conclusion that most of these companys have pretty much the same deal and i will just have to try and setup my own box sometime soon, since none of the host i have tested so far, is actually living up to expectations anyway ...

Dude don't get so fucking butthurt. You were complaining about your host so I'm trying to help you out. I don't need a fucking lecture about your host vs mine. 

And if your dumbass could read I never said GTX was bad, I never even heard of them before. All I said was that you should try out survival servers. I'm not reading this fucking essay you wrote.

Dude don't get so fucking butthurt. You were complaining about your host so I'm trying to help you out. I don't need a fucking lecture about your host vs mine. 

And if your dumbass could read I never said GTX was bad, I never even heard of them before. All I said was that you should try out survival servers. I'm not reading this fucking essay you wrote.

if your dumbass read what i wrote, you would know why im not trying ss servers again

if your dumbass read what i wrote, you would know why im not trying ss servers again

I really dont give a fuck why your not trying them again. All I did was try to help you and your retarted ass got fucking shitfaced about it. 

Think about what the fuck you are saying you retard. 

I really dont give a fuck why your not trying them again.

maybe you should ... but i guess if you have max 12 players you will never notice, except for the extreem loadtime

All I did was try to help you and your retarted ass got fucking shitfaced about it. 

when did i get shitfaced? ... maybe you should start reading and get some info straigt on your scumbag host, i could dig up quite a few not so nice topics about ss server, if i wanted to. (properly also here in this very forum)

Think about what the fuck you are saying you retard. 

think about what i am saying?

maybe you should considder what you are saying in public forums and actually read instead if going full retard, cause i explained how bad your host is.

you made it seem like they are the best in the buissnes, when they are oviusly not.

tbh i could care less what you think and the fact that you are this big of a moron makes me wish i never told you.

Now if you have any comment on the error in the op then spit it out, else pls go somewhere else and rage

Hi guys, this will be fixed in the latest patch. Info for a fix has been available for quite some time, it's just a matter of looking in the correct places.http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168767-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-112555-(1-63-build-release-not-backward-compatible)&p=2563481&viewfull=1#post2563481

It's a simple fix, simple create folder /ca/modules/functions/ inside that folder create a file init.sqf. the path should read /ca/modules/functions/init.sqf. YOU DO NOT NEED TO EDIT A FILE IN ANY WAY JUST DRAG AND DROP!! (yippie).

Use the content for init.sqf file from the epoch repo, linky link

This is a normal error that will not effect game-play from a quantitative point of view, it may cause minor performance impact on loading. Note: if you do not see this error in your .RPT you are running an older beta patch than 106400 (the recommended beta is older than this), patches newer than 106400 enable error/warning logging in threads created by execVM/Spawn.

Also this is in no way connected to your host or DayZ mod (so stop making a mockery of yourselves), it's an error in the ArmA 2 code that will always be present whether you see it or not in your .RPT, unless you fix it.

Hi guys, this will be fixed in the latest patch. Info for a fix has been available for quite some time, it's just a matter of looking in the correct places.http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168767-ARMA-2-OA-beta-build-112555-(1-63-build-release-not-backward-compatible)&p=2563481&viewfull=1#post2563481

It's a simple fix, simple create folder /ca/modules/functions/ inside that folder create a file init.sqf. the path should read /ca/modules/functions/init.sqf. YOU DO NOT NEED TO EDIT A FILE IN ANY WAY JUST DRAG AND DROP!! (yippie).

Use the content for init.sqf file from the epoch repo, linky link

This is a normal error that will not effect game-play from a quantitative point of view, it may cause minor performance impact on loading. Note: if you do not see this error in your .RPT you are running an older beta patch than 106400 (the recommended beta is older than this), patches newer than 106400 enable error/warning logging in threads created by execVM/Spawn.

Also this is in no way connected to your host or DayZ mod (so stop making a mockery of yourselves), it's an error in the ArmA 2 code that will always be present whether you see it or not in your .RPT, unless you fix it.

thanks for this.

unfortunatly its a bit too late, i already gave up on my host, since they should have known this and how to fix it instead lying about it, trying to convince me that it was a completly normal error

As a registered UK company they have to follow the sale of goods act, If you're in the UK complain until you get a deadlock letter.

Once you have that you can take them to a small claims court, piss easy to do and only costs £27 (Free if you recieve tax credis) and you get the fee plus any costs back if you win.

Hit the scammers where it hurts, right in the wallet :D

Sadly enough i'm not in the UK, otherwise i would've already taken some more action.

Nice to see that the RPT error has been resolved! And to see you made the wise decicsion of leaving them :P

Sadly enough i'm not in the UK, otherwise i would've already taken some more action.

Nice to see that the RPT error has been resolved! And to see you made the wise decicsion of leaving them :P

me neither, or i wouldnt mind taking it all the way for a lousy 30€ ... amazing that established companys feel they need to cheat and lie to customers like this for such an ammount.