Infinicity - Chernarus map addition - wood industry city

Infinity

Hi there,

This is my first ever upload; so please be gentle on me ^_^

As I was not very original with giving this an awesome name; I made a joke on my server about calling it 'Infinicity' and people actually liked it so I thought 'what the heck' :D

History of Infinicity

In the early 1950's (Or whatever year DayZ Epoch is on) a group of men traveled up North of Chernarus to find a place to settle down, a place that would provide them with all the basics elements for them

to survive. The men finally set foot on 020-036 and found enough trees to build a shelter, a house to keep their family warm in days of winter. A lake that would provide them with fish, water for them to drink and of course to go skinning dipping in the hot summers!

As the years went by; more travelers came to this place to join the ever growing wood industry city that is now called Infinicity. Soon they build themselves a school, to provide the kids with education. A supermarket to keep their wifes busy. A fuelstation just outside the city, a firestation, 2 construction site buildings and for the poor students; Not 1, not 2 but 3 apartment buildings. And a church for those who believe in higher spirits.

BUT, all of this went to waste when the infection spread in the 1970's (Or whatever year the Infection spread out), causing everyone to die a slow and painful death; and return from the death to haunt those who survived the infection. Rumour goes that once you enter the city for the first time that you can still hear the men, women and children screaming in the far distance.

And ........ back to 2014....

I created this city because there wasn't much to loot close to the north-west corner of the map, this gives people some motivation to head up north to get supplies. I received quite a few positive feedbacks from my players about this city that I decided to release it to public.

My intention was to create a city that wasn't a copy/paste job, minimum file size, some background story, not an OP lootable city but gives just enough reasons for people to travel to this city and as you can see; the city has lights for servers with night-time.

Pictures

[CLICK ME! HELLO! CLICK HERE!]

Download

[OH HAI! CLICK ME! I DARE YOU!]

As I load this in serverside; here's a small guide on how to install it.

Step 1; Save the file into a folder called 'buildings' inside your main directory of your server.pbo

Step 2; Add this line; call compile preProcessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\buildings\Infinicity.sqf"; at the BOTTOM of your server_functions.sqf file located inside your server.pbo in the init folder.

Step 3; Restart the server and check out your brand new custom city - Infinicity.

Let me know if you have suggestions, questions or anything else to kindly bother me with; glad to help out my fellow server owners. DayZ Epoch FTW. :wub: :P

Nice effort!

"there wasn't much to loot close to the north-west corner of the map" ... what about NWA?

In the 'original' chernarus map; there's not a lot construction loot on the west side of the map. 'Urrrh; got 2 garages at NWA'.... yes; but they don't spawn that great of a loot. And since I didn't want to add too much custom buildings in one place; NWA. I created

a new city. This also spreads out the population of the server, thus not having everyone heading to ONE place only to loot. Which of course creates less frustration with those who just want to loot without too much risk. I've noticed on my server that I got more people traveling to Infinicity more often than they go to NWA, even with a couple of extra barracks I added at the NWA. But hey; you don't have to use it. It's still a success on my server.

This looks amazing.

Can you please tell me how you go on about adding roads?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6194 This is the MAP Editorupgrade  (EU), it will allow you to spawn in roads; which is supported by the Epoch mod. The best way to place them is to place a piece of road and for example a campfire and select both the items and move the road by turning/moving the campfire. Save it after you placed it and it will go about 30 meters south when you load it; move it back to the original position and save it again. It will now stay in position.

• 3 weeks later...

Nice town and I use it on my servers and working on a few bandits to roam around this place.    

I have so many new places on my servers they seem to be the future dayz with some reclaiming in progress instead of 2017 which went the other way.

Even have a lost city  lol    I put you in my credits

Gramps