Zombie mode

Topan

Lets add some new code for the zombie mechanic.
if player="fisk" make him ded and zombie.

There have been other pressing issues to attend to bud, it's all a work in progress.
Do you sit over the shoulder of an artist sculpting clay "Hey...that kinda looks like a prick right now....pretty much worst sculpt I've ever seen.".

You give me the impression you sneak into stranger's homes and grade the crayon drawings on their fridge with a red Sharpie.

I'm the biggest Epoch fan ever..

but have to say guys..

I've never found ANYONE that thought the zombie thing was fun or had ANY use! ...

It will def be the first setting my servers get changed to disabled..personally I've only ever died infected to see if it had Improved...sadly it had not..

IF it had more to it that made being a zombie even remotely interesting.. then maybe I'd allow it.. but for now I'm def with the turn it off guyz! sorry awol/axle etc all! in it's current version...It's a waste a a few bytes of disk or memory space:(...

yes very ocassionally people are unlucky enough to get infected and dye almost right away.. hey ho that's dayz...but I really have never seen any reason to dye infected in game...so it's never effected me but still pointless..

Now don't let me sound like a total downer on this.. I'd love to see it in..but with a huge bundle of more things a zombie could do...but as it is.. and as other have said it's just annoying to all having to run around looking to die again.. hard enough to keep the guys interesting in playing dayz variants let alone making them feel like they are wasting some of there precious gaming time.. we need to be attracting/retaining players..not boring them to death!...

Hopefully this well be seen in the light I mean to type it.. love epoch totally.. as those that seem me spending hours testing stuff. maps, mod's server etc ..but I won't kiss ass to anyone ...I personally don't want it on my servers and do welcome whole heartedly the removal option until I see it developed...maybe a good alternate to survivor in the new a3 version would be really cool and open up the options for players....

Lets add some new code for the zombie mechanic.

if player="fisk" make him ded and zombie.

There have been other pressing issues to attend to bud, it's all a work in progress.

Do you sit over the shoulder of an artist sculpting clay "Hey...that kinda looks like a prick right now....pretty much worst sculpt I've ever seen.".

You give me the impression you sneak into stranger's homes and grade the crayon drawings on their fridge with a red Sharpie.

Look a comedian in the making! 

Using your own comparison, if you publically display a statue for hundreds of thousands to see, they will most definitely comment on it. They will definitely criticise it, and other artists are going to give feedback on how to improve it (like I've done) and what does not work. 

You give the impression that you as developers are so overly sensitive to critique that you would rather not have your player base or other developers say anything but positive stuff, because otherwise you will become defensive and attempt other professions such as comedy.

Thanks for the feedback TuBz! Due to lack of interest and time constraints this is why we added a simple variable flag to disable it.

Fisk, Just repeatedly saying something is "Bad" is not feedback. This whole mod from inception was an experiment and compared to everything else very little time was put into the player zombie for the reasons I have already stated. Your the one trying make out like we don't know whats going on, so you should expect to hear our side.

If you have actual feedback we would be glad to hear it. 

Thanks for the feedback TuBz! Due to lack of interest and time constraints this is why we added a simple variable flag to disable it.

Fisk, Just repeatedly saying something is "Bad" is not feedback. This whole mod from inception was an experiment and compared to everything else very little time was put into the player zombie for the reasons I have already stated. Your the one trying make out like we don't know whats going on, so you should expect to hear our side.

:) Thanks for not taking it as a total winge...if people don't say what really annoys them or they feel needs changing then nothing will change...I hate a kiss ass as much as a total flamer.. like to see the good and bad and that was intended etc in all sides..

Hopefully...a little honesty goes  a long way to getting some respect in the community...yes I flame.. yes I kiss ass.. but only as I SEE fair in my mind.. everyone has there own opinions.. nd so they should..but there are ways of communication something you don't like... "what a pile of shit" type comments are not one..../me goes to read his posts hoping he has never been this blunt:)

So my suggestions on how to improve it aren't feedback?

We've already established that it is incomplete and defunct and that it's good that it can be turned off. No point debating that.

My feedback on how to improve it have been posted here as well. Whether you want to admit that or not.