[Release] Base Building 1.2 by Daimyo21 With improvements 0.3 by kikyou2 + More building materials

Here's a quick update,

Current required build materials are Tanktrap,Wire,Sandbag,Lumber,Plywood,Grenade,Tin,Hbarrier(ItemSandbagLarge),sandbag_nest_kit,Scrap,Pole,Fencing,storage_shed_kit,desert_net_kit,forest_net_kit,wooden_shed_kit,ItemBurlap,PartGlass
I removed aluminum as it was redundant. Build recipes are expensive, so dont expect a base to pop up over night, it will take work, lots of it.

I suggest adding to traders these materials at an increased price to act as a gold sink to very rich players with too much gold to know what to do with.

I also suggest increasing plot pole price and safe price a bit, around 2 briefcase 100oz.

Fixed an exploit with the m240 nest, players can no longer enter it while its in construction phase allowing glitching into areas they are not supposed to get into (over players base walls, etc). Basically in the other released versions a player only need to do 3 exploits together, to freely transport another player sitting in the m240 nest, over the protective walls of anyone's base, bypassing the gate system. This can no longer be done in our version.

Fixed the set into perma combat glitch when canceling a construction plan, prior to building.

Fixed the build to abort glitch, where a player could click to build a simple object to set his combat timer to green to allow a quick lock out.

TayTay finished the menu, just doing a few tweeks to it to make it look just right. File size of images has been reduced to keep mission file around 700kb.

To do:

Fix the build anywhere exploit

Tweak object placement while in planning phase

I dont want to give an exact ETA that I will miss, it will be very soon. Some exploit fixes are challenging and require rewriting some of the code. I reported to the author, whom server I used to play on and test before base building code was ever released publicly, and he is working on one now. I just need to fix it in epoch. I might be able to hammer it out in a day, or a week, depends on how much time I have to work on it, but I do spend some time every day making tweeks. So all i can ask is to be patient, because you definately dont want a half finished version with the exploits that run amuck. Look at the other servers that have the exploitable version, they have bases that pop up fully built in an hour or two... their databases are so bloated load times are slow. LITE is not normalized, and it doesnt like having very large tables.

I did add a few balancing features, to limit the amount of MG nests a player could build, and a few other things, for the sake of preventing spam, and preventing walls made of MGnests :P

I dont want to give an exact ETA that I will miss, it will be very soon. Some exploit fixes are challenging and require rewriting some of the code. I reported to the author, whom server I used to play on and test before base building code was ever released publicly, and he is working on one now. I just need to fix it in epoch. I might be able to hammer it out in a day, or a week, depends on how much time I have to work on it, but I do spend some time every day making tweeks. So all i can ask is to be patient, because you definately dont want a half finished version with the exploits that run amuck. Look at the other servers that have the exploitable version, they have bases that pop up fully built in an hour or two... their databases are so bloated load times are slow. LITE is not normalized, and it doesnt like having very large tables.

I did add a few balancing features, to limit the amount of MG nests a player could build, and a few other things, for the sake of preventing spam, and preventing walls made of MGnests :P

I gotta say my database is now full of objects my server hates first start up.  I Have built stuff everywhere.

Have faith in Armifer he is doing 99% of the hard work on this and he is doing an amazing job he thinks of things i wouldn't of dream about doing! (He is a god finding and patching exploits!)

Also menu so far :)

arma2oa_2013_07_15_16_38_42_68.jpg

i guess theyll release a complete pack... just unzip and ready to go

I hope so. I've allready tryed to get BB working on Epoch, but for some reason it wan't work. All stuff i build disappeared instantly when build is finished and "remove-code" shows up. And i hav no clue why^^

I hope so. I've allready tryed to get BB working on Epoch, but for some reason it wan't work. All stuff i build disappeared instantly when build is finished and "remove-code" shows up. And i hav no clue why^^

A install pack is fine, until you have to update the server to the lastest version. If they show there work on what to change with the install pack this would allow server admins to update their servers when updates come up.

although patience is a virtue... Any eta? :P

I agree it wouldn't be good to have a buggy version, but at the same time, my players are hassling me to upgrade, and I'm losing a few recently :(

I trust most of my players, so if some exploits are unpatched, that's okay with me :)

We are having the same issues.. Players want a working base build but nothing is out there.. Hoping for a break with this version soon, or at least a rough ETA.. day..week..month..standalone...lol

Exactly - I'd MUCH rather have a version that works (builds bases & saves them), and then later update this to fix the exploits, as at least I wouldn't be losing players in the meantime, so long as I keep up with the player reports & database checks etc  :(

We are having the same issues.. Players want a working base build but nothing is out there.. Hoping for a break with this version soon, or at least a rough ETA.. day..week..month..standalone...lol

Also, will this update work with 1.0.1.5 I wonder? :P

That is what I assume the extra delay is now.  I know the one dude that was fixing sploits was busy irl, but then they rushed out this 1.0.1.5 patch so I was wondering if they had to back track and look at some code.  We just moved our server from Cherno to Epoch Cherno 3 weeks ago today with promise of base build and all the rest.. Little did I know that BB 1.2 is just not Epoch friendly..  I cant even get a menu to pop up, If I could once get that far into it I could force code the built items to stay as long as I wanted. lol

I for sure am not tryin to rush the work, I know its a pita.  I'm sure my population will build on both Cherno and Lingor Epoch servers.. more so once BB 1.2 makes the cut into them, and we have enough players to hold events again.  I just keep stalling them saying "guys you want a working system or a broke system"

Petunia PM me or post your server info.. I server hop some looking for ideas and maybe another face will help you out.. lol

SilentStalkers in a filter will pick up all  3 of our servers if anyone wants to stop in and say "sup"   kick me your info and we will do the same in return.

Hey :)

Cool! Search 'petunia' in Dayz commander, and you'll find us :) I'll check out your servers soon too! (off to sleep now - work early tomorrow).

I agree re: not having a broken system etc, but I think the survivors sanctuary server (maybe it wasn't that one, not sure) runs the latest epoch version, AND BB 1.2... And if the question is whether I'd prefer a server with a few exploits that is up to date, or an out of date one without them - at this stage I'd go for the one that's updated, but has a few exploits :D - I can admin the server and deal with most exploits by removing stuff from the database :D I've been stalling players for a good week or so now, and unfortunately have lost a few (sad face!). I'm wondering how the other servers, like SS are handling it, and if there is an 'okay ish' version floating around?!

Anyway, I'll join your servers to have a play soon for sure:D

That is what I assume the extra delay is now.  I know the one dude that was fixing sploits was busy irl, but then they rushed out this 1.0.1.5 patch so I was wondering if they had to back track and look at some code.  We just moved our server from Cherno to Epoch Cherno 3 weeks ago today with promise of base build and all the rest.. Little did I know that BB 1.2 is just not Epoch friendly..  I cant even get a menu to pop up, If I could once get that far into it I could force code the built items to stay as long as I wanted. lol

I for sure am not tryin to rush the work, I know its a pita.  I'm sure my population will build on both Cherno and Lingor Epoch servers.. more so once BB 1.2 makes the cut into them, and we have enough players to hold events again.  I just keep stalling them saying "guys you want a working system or a broke system"

Petunia PM me or post your server info.. I server hop some looking for ideas and maybe another face will help you out.. lol

SilentStalkers in a filter will pick up all  3 of our servers if anyone wants to stop in and say "sup"   kick me your info and we will do the same in return.