Server not starting with Epoch files loaded.

Tiwaz

Question

I try to get an epoch server running for the first time in arma 3.

I followed this guide: 

For some reason the @Epoch and @EpochHive files are not loaded by the server. 

When i start the server and try to join it shows me the usual accepted keys problem. Im pretty sure its the server missing the files, because @Epoch and @EpochHive are not showing up under "expansions" in the server browser.

I got both folders in my EpochServer folder as described in the guide. 

I use the following .bat to start the server, just edited the paths for config files and the server exe.

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/experimental/Server_Install_Pack/restartserver_x64-example.bat

The server is running tanoa for some reason, even though it says altis in the "server.cfg". At first i thought i messed up with the path for the server.cfg and i double checked, but it seems to be fine. It asks me for the password when joining the server, which is also set in the "server.cfg".

So yeah im confused, probably missed something.

Edit: Ok the server is not running tanoa it just shows that loading screen in (my) arma sometimes for some reason even when joining a different map.

13 answers to this question

You don't need mods in both the -servermod and -mod sections of the command line.

Mods that are needed by both the client and the server go in the -mod section. All clients that join will need these mods, and it is these mods that show up in the server browser as being needed to join.

Mods that are only needed by the server go in the -servermod section. Clients do not need these mods in order to join the server. You can also put optional mods in this section if the server needs to have them as well - clients will not need them to be able to join, but will be able to use them if they have them loaded.

@Tiwaz

"-mod=@Epoch;" "-serverMod=@EpochHive;" -config=A:\EpochServer\EpochStandard\sc\server.cfg -port=2302 -profiles=sc -cfg=A:\EpochServer\EpochStandard\sc\basic.cfg -name=sc -autoINIT 

you where almost there but....

first add @Epoch to the server cause this needs to run on both the client & server

second change -port=2302 to -port=2307 so it like the below example (server command line)

-mod=@Epoch;" "-serverMod=@EpochHive;@Epoch;" -config=A:\EpochServer\EpochStandard\sc\server.cfg -port=2307 -profiles=sc -cfg=A:\EpochServer\EpochStandard\sc\basic.cfg -name=sc -autoINIT 

now you will also need to change the port number in the following files

@epochhive\EpochServer.ini change port number to 2307 in the [EpochServer] section only

As server is 64bit -- SC\BattlEye\BEServer_x64.cfg change RConPort 2307

If server is 32bit -- SC\BattlEye\BEServer.cfg change RConPort to 2307

I don't think I have forgotten anything but i made silly mistakes too, best way to learn lol

let me know how you go please.

cheers

natoed

Nope, but now i have... well that was easy. It has been a while since i last hosted anything arma (and it was arma 2), forgot about keys being a thing.

Thanks for the help.

I can join the server now, but the @epoch still doesn't show up under expansions in the server browser.

I am also not sure if everything is working correctly. 

When i select "vehicle maintanance" on a vehicle. It gets repaired. Without me even using any ressources.

1 hour ago, He-Man said:

This is currently a bug. It will be fixed with the next update. Not your fail ;)

Why it is not shown, I have no idea. Normally it is only not shown, if you have added it as "servermod" in the start params...

What is the Server ip?

I only localhost it currently. First trying to set everything up, the way i want to, then i start actualy hosting a server online. 

And i have it set as servermod in start params.... so that explains it.

Its my first time playing Arma 3 Epoch so i kinda try things out on my own.

I prefer having the survival mechanics and all tweaked in a way that they matter, without being annoying. Amount of loot needs to set just right for me. I enjoy having PvE threats, like an AI base and Ai missions. Kinda like i was used to in Arma 2 Epoch days (which was my favourite version of dayz).

I don't really know yet what features vanilla Arma 3 Epoch has (especially when it comes to events and AI antagonists). So i just try things out for now.

here is what i use for my local-host(testing) saved in a bat file, but everything is under one folder.....

@echo off
START "arma3_x64.exe" "arma3server_x64.exe" -serverMod=@EpochHive;@Epoch;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@Chernarus_Redux;@Ravage;@CBA_A3;@A3EAI;@Flying_Saucer;@NATO_Rus_Vehicle;@FAP_Units;@RDS_Civilian_Pack;@Zombies_and_Demons;@Enhanced_Movement;@Advanced_Towing;@Advanced_Sling_Loading;@RealisticUnitsRagdoll; -mod=@Epoch;@CUP_Terrains_Core;@Chernarus_Redux;@Ravage;@CBA_A3;@NATO_Rus_Vehicle;@FAP_Units;@RDS_Civilian_Pack;@Flying_Saucer;@Zombies_and_Demons;@Enhanced_Movement; -config=SC\config.cfg -Port=2307 -profiles=SC -cfg=SC\basic.cfg -name=SC -autoInit

On 5/17/2018 at 3:56 AM, Tiwaz said:

Nope, but now i have... well that was easy. It has been a while since i last hosted anything arma (and it was arma 2), forgot about keys being a thing.

Thanks for the help.

I can join the server now, but the @epoch still doesn't show up under expansions in the server browser.

I am also not sure if everything is working correctly. 

When i select "vehicle maintanance" on a vehicle. It gets repaired. Without me even using any ressources.

Use A3launcher to join your server it will launch the client with the same mods the server is running or will tell you they are missing and download them

otherwise you need to enable the mods before you browse and join the server using the arma server browser

From A3launcher

Tips For Server Owners

• Server side mods containing the word "server" will be ignored by the launcher.
  • The -mod param is formatted correctly.
    (Eg. "-mod=C:\mods\@mod1;C:\mods\@mod2;C:\mods\@mod3;").
  • Ensure the correct ports are open in your firewall.
  • Using too many server side mods can stop the launcher from detecting mod. This is a limitation with the SteamAPI implementation in ARMA.
  • Mod missing? Please goto Discord