Wicked AI/Mission system

Markk311

*edit* Also, to clarify the ammo boxes config. I plan on adding ammo boxes at locations where I've set up bandit bases. In the staticammoboxes.sqf I only need to define what ammo box I want to spawn, and it's filled with the settings in the missioncfg.sqf file?

A question never answered. I set up several static ammo boxes, but there's no indication these boxes are spawning. Players are saying they aren't finding the boxes. I am currently only using WAI to spawn helo drops and static ammo boxes. For AI, I use DZAI and I don't want the missions, so in the AIconifg.sqf, I have ai_mission_sysyem = true; but in missionCfg.sqf, I commented out the "missions used when selecting the next random mission" section so that those missions won't spawn.

So, my question is this: I've got the StaticAmmoBoxes.sqf set up to spawn boxes, but it doesn't seem that they are spawning. Am I supposed to add a setting someplace to activate the static ammo boxes? 

My StaticAmmoBoxes.sqf:

/* Add ammmo boxes to static locations on map and fills it with loot from missionCfg.sqf

creates a ammo box at [0,0,0] then fills it

_box = createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox",[0,0,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
[_box] call spawn_ammo_box;

creates a 2nd ammo box at [1,1,1] then fills it

_box2 = createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox",[1,1,1], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
[_box2] call spawn_ammo_box;

add custom ammo boxes below this line
*/

_boxdc = createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox",[6913.47, 11437.2, 0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
[_boxdc] call spawn_ammo_box;

_boxzub = createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox",[6748.56, 5607.66, 0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
[_boxzub] call spawn_ammo_box;

_boxisland = createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox",[13698.82, 2926.715, 0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
[_boxisland] call spawn_ammo_box;

_boxkoz = createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox",[4677.0259, 4704.5791, 0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
[_boxkoz] call spawn_ammo_box;

_boxbfb = createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox",[9078.155, 8034.855, 0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
[_boxbfb] call spawn_ammo_box;

Following the lead of picking I threw together a quick gear set with more random gear skins, and epoch loot.

Just replace the gear sets and the ai_gear_random line with the following for a quickie setup of loot.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/// Gearset arrays for unit Loadouts ///

/// 0 ///
ai_gear0 = [
["ItemWaterbottleUnfilled","FoodMRE","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["ItemRadio","ItemCompass","ItemMap","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"]
];

/// 1 ///
ai_gear1 = [
["FoodCanBakedBeans","ItemSilverBar","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["ItemWatch","ItemMatchbox_DZE","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"]
];

/// 2 ///
ai_gear2 = [
["FoodCanPasta","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["NVGoggles","ItemCompass","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"]
];

/// 3 ///
ai_gear3 = [
["FoodCanSardines","ItemSodaCoke","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["ItemWatch","ItemRadio","ItemEtool","ItemMap","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"]
];

/// 4 ///
ai_gear4 = [
["Skin_CZ_Special_Forces_GL_DES_EP1_DZ","ItemSodaMdew","ItemSilverBar","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["ItemHatchet_DZE","ItemMatchbox_DZE","ItemCompass","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"]
];

/// 5 ///
ai_gear5 = [
["Skin_SurvivorWdesert_DZ","ItemWaterbottle","ItemSilverBar10oz","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["ItemWatch","ItemCrowbar","ItemMap","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"]
];

/// 6 ///
ai_gear6 = [
["ItemMorphine","FoodCanSardines","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSilverBar","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["ItemCompass","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"]
];

/// 7 ///
ai_gear7 = [
["Skin_SurvivorWcombat_DZ","FoodCanPasta","ItemGoldBar","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["ItemWatch","ItemMatchbox_DZE","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"]
];

/// 8 ///
ai_gear8 = [
["Skin_FR_Rodriguez_DZ","FoodCanBakedBeans","ItemSilverBar","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["ItemCompass","ItemMap","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"]
];

/// 9 ///
ai_gear9 = [
["Skin_RU_Policeman_DZ","ItemMorphine","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSilverBar10oz","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["ItemWatch","ItemMatchbox_DZE","ItemEtool","ItemMap","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"]
];

/// 10 ///
ai_gear10 = [
["FoodCanBakedBeans","ItemSodaMdew","ItemBloodbag","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["ItemHatchet_DZE","ItemCompass","ItemMap","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"]
];

/// 11 ///
ai_gear11 = [
["ItemMorphine","FoodCanBakedBeans","ItemWaterbottle","ItemSilverBar","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["ItemWatch","ItemMatchbox_DZE","ItemMap","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"]
];

/// 12 ///
ai_gear12 = [
["ItemMorphine","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["ItemCompass","ItemMap","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"]
];

/// 13 ///
ai_gear13 = [
["FoodMRE","ItemWaterbottle","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["ItemWatch","ItemMap","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"]
];

/// 14 ///
ai_gear14 = [
["Skin_Soldier_Sniper_PMC_DZ","ItemWaterbottleUnfilled","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["ItemMatchbox_DZE","ItemCompass","ItemMap","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"]
];

/// 15 ///
ai_gear15 = [
["ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["ItemWatch","ItemMatchbox_DZE","Binocular_Vector","ItemMap","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"]
];

/// 16 ///
ai_gear16 = [
["FoodCanSardines","ItemWaterbottle","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["ItemCrowbar","ItemRadio","ItemCompass","ItemMap","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"]
];

/// 17 ///
ai_gear17 = [
["Skin_Priest_DZ","ItemTent","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSilverBar","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["ItemWatch","ItemRadio","ItemMatchbox_DZE","ItemMap","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"]
];

/// 18 ///
ai_gear18 = [
["Skin_Soldier1_DZ","ItemWaterbottleUnfilled","ItemBloodbag","ItemSilverBar10oz","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["ItemMatchbox_DZE","NVGoggles","ItemCompass","ItemMap","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"]
];

/// 19 ///
ai_gear19 = [
["Skin_Sniper1_DZ","ItemAntibiotic","ItemGoldBar10oz","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemPainkiller"],
["ItemWatch","ItemEtool","ItemMap","ItemKnife","ItemFlashlight"]
];

/// Gearsets to use if set to "Random" ///
ai_gear_random = [ai_gear0,ai_gear1,ai_gear2,ai_gear3,ai_gear4,ai_gear5,ai_gear6,ai_gear7,ai_gear8,ai_gear9,ai_gear10,ai_gear11,ai_gear12,ai_gear13,ai_gear14,ai_gear15,ai_gear16,ai_gea17,ai_gear18,ai_gear19];

This is an awesome AI/Mission system, absolutely love the config. So simple!

Adding more custom spawns does this increase the spawn rate?

Hey Turtle, with "static" spawns the more you add the more ai you get. They just show up at server start and wreak havock.

I don't think Markk311 set up a respawn for AI yet. So AI dies and doesn't come back until restart.

Just a side note through. From what I've read and experienced, static ai is less stress on the server over "dynamic" spawns.

Even when i used Sarge AI I tried to use static over dynamic as much as possible.

Hey Turtle, with "static" spawns the more you add the more ai you get. They just show up at server start and wreak havock.

I don't think Markk311 set up a respawn for AI yet. So AI dies and doesn't come back until restart.

Just a side note through. From what I've read and experienced, static ai is less stress on the server over "dynamic" spawns.

Even when i used Sarge AI I tried to use static over dynamic as much as possible.

Ok well all I literally want to do is instead of getting a spawn every 30 minutes or however long it is make it shorter, like a new spawn every 10 minutes. you have any idea how to do this? I haven't found anything in the files for it unless I am missing something.

Ok well all I literally want to do is instead of getting a spawn every 30 minutes or however long it is make it shorter, like a new spawn every 10 minutes. you have any idea how to do this? I haven't found anything in the files for it unless I am missing something.

For mission timing editing file -> missionCfg.sqf  line 

// Time between missions (seconds)
wai_mission_timer = 300; // = 300 sec = 5 min; 900 sec = 15 min;  it time to start first mission after server start and next mission after start previuos 

// How long before a mission times out (seconds)
wai_mission_timeout = 1200;  // = 1200 sec = 20 min; 1800 sec = 30 min;  it's time to clear mission loot after start

wai_mission_timer = 300; // = 300 sec = 5 min; 900 sec = 15 min;  it time to start first mission after server start and next mission after start previuos 

wai_mission_timeout = 1200;  // = 1200 sec = 20 min; 1800 sec = 30 min;  it's time to clear mission loot after start

Thanks so much 

Is there a way to get it so instead of waiting x amount of seconds between a mission, get it so they just spawn in x minute intervals?

For example every 10 minutes a new one spawns, regardless if the one before it has been taken over or not.

Is there a way to get it so instead of waiting x amount of seconds between a mission, get it so they just spawn in x minute intervals?

For example every 10 minutes a new one spawns, regardless if the one before it has been taken over or not.

You can remove the check for the end of the mission and put more private spawn . But it is necessary to do this!
Also overload the server, such an abundance of missions to nothing.
Moreover, the presence of any missions destroyed economy dayz . Instead of survival , players travel the missions collect loot and sell it to merchants , it's anything but not dayz . I put my timing 40 minutes between missions and 30 minutes to the disappearance of the loot . And I edited the sale, things missions with no more than 1 gold . Mission profitable to do , given the abundance of loot , but not dramatically

Hi, New mission files civtrucks.sqf ver 2.0 for WAI

Description: Survivors found truck. Your task is to capture the truck itself, kill the survivors taking their loot. You're up against two infantry detachment of 3-5 and a detachment at Hami with a machine gun, cut circles around the truck (30 m).

for intallation need:

1) Notepad ++

2) Pbo depack

3) Installed and work WAI 

Process:

1) Depack you dayz_server files and go to WAI folder 

2) Open notebad++ and create file civtrucks.sqf

// OLKE make for WAI mission civilian trucks VER 2.0

// change for VER 1.0.add  Hamvee patch coord

private ["_objPosition3","_objPosition2","_vehclass3","_vehclass2","_veh3","_veh2","_playerPresent","_cleanmission","_currenttime","_starttime","_missiontimeout","_vehname","_veh","_position","_vehclass","_vehdir","_objPosition"];

_vehclass = cargo_trucks call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

_position = [getMarkerPos "center",0,5500,10,0,2000,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
diag_log format["WAI: Mission Civilian Truks Started At %1",_position];

_veh = createVehicle [_vehclass,[(_position select 0) - 15,(_position select 1),0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_vehdir = round(random 360);
_veh setDir _vehdir;
clearWeaponCargoGlobal _veh;
clearMagazineCargoGlobal _veh;
_veh setVariable ["ObjectID","1",true];
PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor set [count PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor,_veh];
diag_log format["WAI: Mission Civilian Truks spawned a %1",_vehclass];

_objPosition = getPosATL _veh;

///-----------------------------------------------------------------------SPAWN YOU UNITS BLOCK

[[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0],5,1,1,4,"","Survivor2_DZ","4",true] call spawn_group; // Spawn group one
[[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0],5,1,1,4,"","Survivor2_DZ","4",true] call spawn_group; // Spawn group two
[[(_position select 0)+ 30, _position select 1, 0],[(_position select 0)+ 30, _position select 1, 0],50,2,"HMMWV_Armored",1] spawn vehicle_patrol; //Spawn Hamvy around driver and gunner

///-----------------------------------------------------------------------END SPAWN YOU UNITS BLOCK

[_position,"Грузовик выживших"] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\missions\compile\markers.sqf";

[nil,nil,rTitleText,"Выжившие обнаружили транспорт, координаты на вашей карте!", "PLAIN",10] call RE; // BLA,BLA,BLA text on center users screen mission description

_missiontimeout = true;
_cleanmission = false;
_playerPresent = false;
_starttime = floor(time);
while {_missiontimeout} do {
sleep 5;
_currenttime = floor(time);
{if((isPlayer _x) AND (_x distance _position <= 150)) then {_playerPresent = true};}forEach playableUnits;
if (_currenttime - _starttime >= wai_mission_timeout) then {_cleanmission = true;};
if ((_playerPresent) OR (_cleanmission)) then {_missiontimeout = false;};
};
if (_playerPresent) then {
[_veh,[_vehdir,_objPosition],_vehclass,true,"0"] call custom_publish;
waitUntil
{
sleep 5;
_playerPresent = false;
{if((isPlayer _x) AND (_x distance _position <= 30)) then {_playerPresent = true};}forEach playableUnits;
(_playerPresent)
};
diag_log format["WAI: Mission Convoy Ended At %1",_position]; // BLA,BLA,BLA text on center users screen mission OK END
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"Грузовик отбит!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;
} else {
clean_running_mission = True;
deleteVehicle _veh;
{_cleanunits = _x getVariable "missionclean";
if (!isNil "_cleanunits") then {
switch (_cleanunits) do {
case "ground" : {ai_ground_units = (ai_ground_units -1);};
case "air" : {ai_air_units = (ai_air_units -1);};
case "vehicle" : {ai_vehicle_units = (ai_vehicle_units -1);};
case "static" : {ai_emplacement_units = (ai_emplacement_units -1);};
};
deleteVehicle _x;
sleep 0.05;
};
} forEach allUnits;

diag_log format["WAI: Mission Civilian Truks timed out At %1",_position];
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"Выжившие ускользнули, время вышло!", "PLAIN",10] call RE; // BLA,BLA,BLA text on center users screen mission FAIL
};
missionrunning = false;

3) save you civtrucks.sqf in ..dayz_server/WAI/mission/mission folder.

4) search file missionCfg.sqf in dayz_server/WAI/mission/missionCfg.sqf

5) in block 

// missions used when selecting the next random mission
wai_missions = [
"armed_vehicle",
"crash_spawner",
"disabled_civchopper",
"disabled_milchopper",
"MV22",
"weapon_cache",
"convoy"
];

add after "weapon_cache",

"civtrucks",

result:

wai_missions = [
"armed_vehicle",
"crash_spawner",
"disabled_civchopper",
"disabled_milchopper",
"MV22",
"weapon_cache",
"civtrucks",
"convoy"
];

6) repack you dayz_server and play new mission

Hi, My second mission files basebandit.sqf ver 0.1.0 for WAI

Description:  Bandits build camp. Take it. (weapon box spawn icluded)

(Add build on mission + 2 M240 + Hamvee M240 + 10-15 Bandits)

for intallation need:

1) Notepad ++

2) Pbo depack

3) Installed and work WAI 

Process:

1) Depack you dayz_server files and go to WAI folder 

2) Open notebad++ and create file basebandit.sqf

//BIG MISSION OLKE EDIT FOR WAI VER 1.0
//Bulidings spanw+hamwe+M2StaticMG+Bandits+armweapon for loot

private ["_position","_box","_missiontimeout","_cleanmission","_playerPresent","_starttime","_currenttime","_cleanunits","_rndnum"];
vehclass = military_unarmed call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

_position = [getMarkerPos "center",0,5500,10,0,2000,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

_box = createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox",[(_position select 0),(_position select 1),0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
[_box] call spawn_ammo_box;

diag_log format["WAI: Mission Band BAse Started At %1",_position];

_baserunover = createVehicle ["land_fortified_nest_big",[(_position select 0) - 20, (_position select 1) - 10,-0.2],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_baserunover2 = createVehicle ["Land_Fort_Watchtower",[(_position select 0) - 10, (_position select 1) + 10,-0.2],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

_rndnum = round (random 3) + 4;
[[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0],_rndnum,1,"Random",4,"","Bandit2_DZ","Random",true] call spawn_group;
[[_position select 0, _position select 1, 0],4,1,"Random",4,"","Bandit2_DZ","Random",true] call spawn_group;

[[(_position select 0)+ 40, _position select 1, 0],[(_position select 0)+ 40, _position select 1, 0],50,2,"HMMWV_Armored",1] spawn vehicle_patrol;

[[[(_position select 0), (_position select 1) + 10, 0]],"M2StaticMG",0.5,"Bandit2_DZ",1,2,"","Random",true] call spawn_static;
[[[(_position select 0), (_position select 1) - 10, 0]],"M2StaticMG",0.5,"Bandit2_DZ",1,2,"","Random",true] call spawn_static;

[_position,"Груз с оружием"] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\WAI\missions\compile\markers.sqf";
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"Бандиты построили временную базу. Захватите ее!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;
_missiontimeout = true;
_cleanmission = false;
_playerPresent = false;
_starttime = floor(time);
while {_missiontimeout} do {
sleep 5;
_currenttime = floor(time);
{if((isPlayer _x) AND (_x distance _position <= 150)) then {_playerPresent = true};}forEach playableUnits;
if (_currenttime - _starttime >= wai_mission_timeout) then {_cleanmission = true;};
if ((_playerPresent) OR (_cleanmission)) then {_missiontimeout = false;};
};
if (_playerPresent) then {
waitUntil
{
sleep 5;
_playerPresent = false;
{if((isPlayer _x) AND (_x distance _position <= 30)) then {_playerPresent = true};}forEach playableUnits;
(_playerPresent)
};
diag_log format["WAI: Mission BaseBandit Ended At %1",_position];
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"Выжившие захватили базу!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;
} else {
clean_running_mission = True;
deleteVehicle _box;
{_cleanunits = _x getVariable "missionclean";
if (!isNil "_cleanunits") then {
switch (_cleanunits) do {
case "ground" : {ai_ground_units = (ai_ground_units -1);};
case "air" : {ai_air_units = (ai_air_units -1);};
case "vehicle" : {ai_vehicle_units = (ai_vehicle_units -1);};
case "static" : {ai_emplacement_units = (ai_emplacement_units -1);};
};
deleteVehicle _x;
sleep 0.05;
};
} forEach allUnits;

diag_log format["WAI: Mission Base Bandit At %1",_position];
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"Выжившие не смогли захватить, базу время вышло!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;
};

missionrunning = false;

3) save you basebandit.sqf in ..dayz_server/WAI/mission/mission folder.

4) search file missionCfg.sqf in dayz_server/WAI/mission/missionCfg.sqf

5) in block 

// missions used when selecting the next random mission
wai_missions
= [
"armed_vehicle",
"crash_spawner",
"disabled_civchopper",
"disabled_milchopper",
"MV22",
"weapon_cache",

"civtrucks",
"convoy"
];

add after "weapon_cache",

"basebandit",

result:

wai_missions = [
"armed_vehicle",
"crash_spawner",
"disabled_civchopper",
"disabled_milchopper",
"MV22",
"weapon_cache",
"civtrucks",

"basebandit",
"convoy"
];

6) repack you dayz_server and play new mission

Markk311 i dont know what to say mate but these Ai are awsome i dont need to use any other Ai on my 2 servers,custom spawns is great,made a new base with 2 static boxes full of gear,4x6 squads,2 heli patrols,6 static M2/MG's,plus 2 heli para drops with 14 more Ai dropping in :D who needs to play Oringins and go to Sector B when you can make your own :P.

Markk311 i give you 10/10 just brilliant thank you.

ps.i hate them Ai must of died 20 times lol

Sounds like a Challenge, do you like to share the settings/files?

Is it a random location?

Does it start at serverstart/restart?

I Think this is the Best ai :-)

Ive gotten this to work nice on tavi map but few things im having an issue with if anyone can help out

a: Missions 98% ofthe time spawn on mountain side causeing vechs to kill ai and giving free loot to players

b: i did not see anyway to adjust ai to make them fortify instead when set up in an area to guard box's all will rush to the players instead of taking up fortifications

I'd like to add the ease of use is very nice and i luv the mod it's a great alternative to sarg ai and alot less complicated

I also use Taviana and changed the spawn points, feel free to use mine :)

You will need to edit all 7 mission files :

_positionarray = [[17380.426,5279.2412,0],[8467.2363,7764.6978,0],[15444.671,8667.6758,0],[8463.8125,5510.5239,0],[16104.994,15535.804,0],[7729.2627,7001.7979,0],[15078.381,15698.128,0],[5759.5493,9423.253,0],[13809.14,19294.951,0],[6098.1333,8610.5947,0],[10285.479,19396.813,0],[4265.5854,7978.0996,0],[8594.7168,19659.965,0],[2260.0608,6925.2681,0],[12143.011,14925.385,0],[4775.9395,6315.7642,0],[12676.353,12593.693,0],[14468.995,10629.646,0],[8412.1973,3045.4038,0],[10173.31,5819.1787,0],[9473.5557,2013.2627,0],[9421.4414,5169.317,0],[9845.7949,3310.0532,0],[10864.61,620.55743,0]];
_position = _positionarray call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

Guys, what's the best way to get co-ordinates for your custom spawns?

If I log out where I want the the AI to be, can I grab my coordinates straight from the database or do I have to convert them using something like:

http://snuletek.org/arma2coordcalc/

Thanks.

You don't have to log out...just get where you want to be then tab out to your database (refresh the database) grab the coords and use the X,Y points.