Trader removed keys when selling vehicle.

theduke

Question

I use master key on our servers.  When a player sells a key, it takes the key.  So, tried putting it in backpack. still takes the key. Tried with copies, one on toolbelt, one in backpack, took both keys lol

I found that in trade_any_vehicle.sqf there is a block of code that removes the keys and would like  to comment t that out to try if the key stays in the inventory

// remove Key
						_temp_keys = [];
						_keyColor = ["ItemKeyYellow","ItemKeyBlue","ItemKeyRed","ItemKeyGreen","ItemKeyBlack"];
						{
							if (configName(inheritsFrom(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x)) in _keyColor) then {
								if (str(getNumber(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x >> "keyid")) == _objectCharacterId) then {
									[_activatingPlayer,_x] call BIS_fnc_invRemove;
								};
							};
						} count (items _activatingPlayer);

I wanted to bring that mission sided (as its found in the dayz_code\actions), but im not able to find it in the compiles. So i looked through the dayz_code again to find that

player_hivetrading.sqf calls these actions, based on a string?!?! it seems lol.  

// Action file to use for trade
		_afile = _x select 7;
		_File = "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\" + _afile + ".sqf";

any advice would be awesome

Thanks

Duke

2 answers to this question

4 hours ago, theduke said:

I use master key on our servers.  When a player sells a key, it takes the key.  So, tried putting it in backpack. still takes the key. Tried with copies, one on toolbelt, one in backpack, took both keys lol

I found that in trade_any_vehicle.sqf there is a block of code that removes the keys and would like  to comment t that out to try if the key stays in the inventory

// remove Key
						_temp_keys = [];
						_keyColor = ["ItemKeyYellow","ItemKeyBlue","ItemKeyRed","ItemKeyGreen","ItemKeyBlack"];
						{
							if (configName(inheritsFrom(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x)) in _keyColor) then {
								if (str(getNumber(configFile >> "CfgWeapons" >> _x >> "keyid")) == _objectCharacterId) then {
									[_activatingPlayer,_x] call BIS_fnc_invRemove;
								};
							};
						} count (items _activatingPlayer);

I wanted to bring that mission sided (as its found in the dayz_code\actions), but im not able to find it in the compiles. So i looked through the dayz_code again to find that

player_hivetrading.sqf calls these actions, based on a string?!?! it seems lol.  

// Action file to use for trade
		_afile = _x select 7;
		_File = "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\" + _afile + ".sqf";

any advice would be awesome

Thanks

Duke

That's the old trading system. If you are using Advanced Trading it is different.

Advanced trading uses a file called DZE_deleteTradedVehicle.sqf, I think if you want to disable keys getting removed you would need to overwrite that file and remove the following lines (maybe, untested) https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/SQF/dayz_code/actions/AdvancedTrading/functions/DZE_deleteTradedVehicle.sqf#L5-L60

I have tested this code block as working, selling keyed and non keyed vehicles:

private ["_localResult2","_VehKey2"];
_VehKey2 = (_this select 0) select 0;

if ((count _VehKey2) > 0) then {
	_localResult2 = 1;
	PVDZ_obj_Destroy = [(_VehKey2 select 2),(_VehKey2 select 3),player];
	publicVariableServer "PVDZ_obj_Destroy";
	deleteVehicle (_VehKey2 select 1);
} else {
	_localResult2 = 0;
};
_localResult2;

To overwrite this, you will also need to overwrite your init.sqf for advanced trading.

16 hours ago, salival said:

That's the old trading system. If you are using Advanced Trading it is different.

Advanced trading uses a file called DZE_deleteTradedVehicle.sqf, I think if you want to disable keys getting removed you would need to overwrite that file and remove the following lines (maybe, untested) https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/blob/master/SQF/dayz_code/actions/AdvancedTrading/functions/DZE_deleteTradedVehicle.sqf#L5-L60

I have tested this code block as working, selling keyed and non keyed vehicles:

private ["_localResult2","_VehKey2"];
_VehKey2 = (_this select 0) select 0;

if ((count _VehKey2) > 0) then {
	_localResult2 = 1;
	PVDZ_obj_Destroy = [(_VehKey2 select 2),(_VehKey2 select 3),player];
	publicVariableServer "PVDZ_obj_Destroy";
	deleteVehicle (_VehKey2 select 1);
} else {
	_localResult2 = 0;
};
_localResult2;

To overwrite this, you will also need to overwrite your init.sqf for advanced trading.

I had a feeling i was editing the wrong file lol

This worked great. Many thanks Salival!