Base Glitching getting OTT

lwbuk

The amount of people base glitching is getting silly. Ive implemented all the fixes on 1.0.6, Played around with antiwall settings in init.sqf and it still possible to just park up beside a wall and get out through the wall with no damage at all. This is the case for cinder and metal.

On my old 1.0.5.1 server this wasn't possible, you couldn't get out of a vehicle if you were too close to an object, or you would get killed if you did manage to get out.

Trouble is I cant for the life of me find the code that did this.  I know there will always be ways of glitching in, but this one is so easy to do, and its ruining the game for many.

2 hours ago, lwbuk said:

The amount of people base glitching is getting silly. Ive implemented all the fixes on 1.0.6, Played around with antiwall settings in init.sqf and it still possible to just park up beside a wall and get out through the wall with no damage at all. This is the case for cinder and metal.

On my old 1.0.5.1 server this wasn't possible, you couldn't get out of a vehicle if you were too close to an object, or you would get killed if you did manage to get out.

Trouble is I cant for the life of me find the code that did this.  I know there will always be ways of glitching in, but this one is so easy to do, and its ruining the game for many.

This got changed not long ago, We actually left out the anti wall stuff by mistake, it got readded so you may need to apply this fix:

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/DayZ-Epoch/commit/46355aed389be663a3cc2276392c2a950961a793

Yep added that, and it didnt work, then added the other file, player_antiwall to mission and it works on test server, but its not working on main, so I missed something out somewhere. Not surprising as I got interrupted half way through

Stumped. Works 100% on test server.

Done the exact same as far as I can tell on main and it doesn't.

Ive, moved antiwall and and vehicle getout to my serverside dayz_code folder. Edited vehicle_getout with the change from github, Added the calls in my custom compiles and changed the antiwall to 1 in init.sqf

Why is this not working in the main server? So annoying.

I have, that's why Im so confused. 

I cant put over the whole pbo as the test is in the middle of having other stuff tested that I don't want on the live yet, but I've copied over all the used files directly including the complies and new files for the server side DayZ code folder  

Im sure I've just missed something simple, as I got disturbed. I'll look with fresh eyes tomorrow. 

Fresh eyes didnt help!

This makes no sense. I wiped the test sever as it was getting messy with half finished stuff and copied all the live files across so both are now identical..

Anti wall doesnt work on live, does on test..

Completely stumped.

• 1 month later...

Thats probably why i had the problem I did iniitally on 106 when I posted this thread. I was testing it out on the test server with a infistar spawn vehicle and it never worked.

On the live server with the exact same files it worked 9/10 times.. I was using a bought vehicle to test there.

Good to know why as it was driving me mad.