Water and fire sources

Sneer

I placed a water barrel and a fire pit like I always have at my base, however they never show as a nearby resource when crafting did something change since 0.3.8.0?

I'm using this:

{"Land_WaterBarrel_F", {18069.3, 16654.4, 0}, 79.2633, false },
{"Campfire_burning_F", {18064.3, 16654.4, 0}, 79.2633, false },

Hi, crafting configs requires update, that's all, I've only designed the menu and went with defaults as a proof of concept pretty much.

Currently majority of items that require water only works with water sources like oceans or w/e

To fix this issue for you, just update item nearby[] requirements to include your water sources you want.

It's all explained in Line #22: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/release/Sources/epoch_config/Configs/cfgCrafting.hpp#L22

What this basically means is that you can have ANYTHING as a nearby requirement, doesn't have to be only water or fire, it can even be a rock, trees or even an airplane if you wanted it for whatever reason. This line gives you ability to add any object to nearby requirements.

An example of multi requirements you can add to your items is at Line #31: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/release/Sources/epoch_config/Configs/cfgCrafting.hpp#L31

Let me know if you've any questions on the subject.
Ofcourse you are more than welcome to do a push your changes on github's experimental branch if you think it's an improvement, any help from community is always highly appreciated :)

Water sources are defined here: https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/release/Sources/epoch_config/Configs/CfgEpochClient/WorldInteractions.hpp

You can add the actual classname like this: 

class Land_WaterBarrel_F : Water {};

that said, I will add this one for the next build.

As far as the fire not working, it should work with all classed objects as is without any changes. Do the buildable fireplaces work? if not, it sounds like a bug.

The fireplaces do work and now I have water.

I added these: The big round black tank, the big round tank that sits on its side, and the blue open barrel with water inside it.

class Land_BarrelWater_F : Water {};
class Land_WaterTank_F : Water {};

Thanks for your help!

7 hours ago, vbawol said:

As far as the fire not working, it should work with all classed objects as is without any changes. Do the buildable fireplaces work? if not, it sounds like a bug.

Should work, script works off of inflamed command. Technically you can cook your fish on a freshly crashed airplane as long as it's on fire.

15 hours ago, Sneer said:

The fireplaces do work and now I have water.

I added these: The big round black tank, the big round tank that sits on its side, and the blue open barrel with water inside it.

class Land_BarrelWater_F : Water {};
class Land_WaterTank_F : Water {};

Thanks for your help!

Np! :smile: Added these other two you added for the next build 567.