Can't get rid of this text on my GUI?

AiiDynBrus

Question

Hey guys my server hosting company has put "Blood & Humanity text and also Zombie kills, PLayer Kills and something else and im trying to get rid of it but can't find anything, Also the server hosting company said " The guy that made it no longer works here nor do we have contact with him any more "

I want to keep the food and thirst and sound and stuff but just the other stuff i want gone? Anyone know?

Spoiler

1fc1c3e7ec430e667ef14cbfab52b17c.png

2 hours ago, AiiDynBrus said:

Hey guys my server hosting company has put "Blood & Humanity text and also Zombie kills, PLayer Kills and something else and im trying to get rid of it but can't find anything, Also the server hosting company said " The guy that made it no longer works here nor do we have contact with him any more "

I want to keep the food and thirst and sound and stuff but just the other stuff i want gone? Anyone know?

Reveal hidden contents

1fc1c3e7ec430e667ef14cbfab52b17c.png

You can get a dedicated server or VDS and make your server there. 

31 minutes ago, AiiDynBrus said:

Sorry i dont understand?

he is saying you can rent a VDS (Virtual Dedicated Server) that will give you full access to your server (which means Desktop access - just like your  Windows computer @home). then you will have the ability to mess around with the HUD files and remove what you do not like.

it is not too difficult to customize HUD but still you need to be willing to get your hands dirty though, changing scripts, restarting server, testing how it looks repeating the process till it is exactly the way you want.

in many gaming hosts you get only buttons to install/wipe/reinstall scripts but you do not get a chance to change the files that's why the poster above suggests a proper desktop access (VDS).

edit: I think it would be better to just change your HUD completely by choosing one of the freely available HUDs out here (in scripts section of this forum). you can (perhaps) get support from the scripter and other users of that script so you don't have to "develop/customize" it yourself because it is usually time consuming. once again your gaming provider might not give you the option to install a 3rd party HUD in which case you can always go ahead with the VDS suggestion.

1 hour ago, mgm said:

he is saying you can rent a VDS (Virtual Dedicated Server) that will give you full access to your server (which means Desktop access - just like your  Windows computer @home). then you will have the ability to mess around with the HUD files and remove what you do not like.

it is not too difficult to customize HUD but still you need to be willing to get your hands dirty though, changing scripts, restarting server, testing how it looks repeating the process till it is exactly the way you want.

in many gaming hosts you get only buttons to install/wipe/reinstall scripts but you do not get a chance to change the files that's why the poster above suggests a proper desktop access (VDS).

edit: I think it would be better to just change your HUD completely by choosing one of the freely available HUDs out here (in scripts section of this forum). you can (perhaps) get support from the scripter and other users of that script so you don't have to "develop/customize" it yourself because it is usually time consuming. once again your gaming provider might not give you the option to install a 3rd party HUD in which case you can always go ahead with the VDS suggestion.

thankyou very much.

46 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Check where your custom scripts are stored, in your mission pbo file. You'll find a file that has "HUD" in it. In my old Epoch files, I had ATD_Hud.h and that defined what was displayed.

can find any files to do with it, could it be in player_updategUI.sqf? https://www.dropbox.com/s/ts5rcpvqdk8dntn/dayz_server.rar?dl=0

4 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

I'm at work so I can't open rar files. Look for an .h file. If you can put that file in a zip file, I should be able to open it.

where do you think it would be located? looked for HUD in dayz_server and nothing came up

EDIT: Nothing with a .h file in dayz_server

36 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Everyone's mission pbo is different but chances are it would be in a folder called something like custom, addons or fixes. 

would it be playedHUD.sqf?

Also i have like 3 player_updateGUI's and the one that is an original file with gtxgaming had some different code in it compared to dayz_code's player_updateGUI so i blanked that out and nothing changed? :/ its this code

Spoiler

c15844d1420e12438364529590514041.png

this is the server hosting companies player_updateGUI file:

http://pastebin.com/m3ssJ610 

5 minutes ago, creativv said:

For Cen's custom gui its "ATD_Hud.h"

Yeah i looked for that file and couldn't find it, the person who added it to the server must of mucked around with it and tried to hide it, i edited my last post check that out and see if it helps you guys. really want this to be gone :/

Just now, AiiDynBrus said:

Yeah i looked for that file and couldn't find it, the person who added it to the server must of mucked around with it and tried to hide it, i edited my last post check that out and see if it helps you guys. really want this to be gone :/

The player_updateGUI.sqf gets the data that the .h file uses to display the hud. You need to find a file that ends with .h. Just use Windows to search the folder where the files are. It's really not that hard to do.

Just now, AiiDynBrus said:

Searched and nothing?

Well, it's impossible to have that hud without some sort of .h file that defines the positions of the data. If you compress your mission pbo in a zip file, I can look at it. I just can't extract a pbo or anything but a zip on my work computer.

Well, it's impossible to have that hud without some sort of .h file that defines the positions of the data. If you compress your mission pbo in a zip file, I can look at it. I just can't extract a pbo or anything but a zip on my work computer.

Is this what you mean? http://www.filedropper.com/dayzepoch11chernarus

Looks like I was wrong about the .h file. In the CONFIGS\RcsTitles.hpp file, look under "class playerStatusGUI {". That's where everything is defined in regards to it's placement. 

Yeah thanks man thats why i was confused couldn't find a file like that ahahah, Cheers. Also if i blank out all the code for like Humanity, Zombie kills, Bandit kills and stuff it will be gone correct? 

5 minutes ago, AiiDynBrus said:

Yeah thanks man thats why i was confused couldn't find a file like that ahahah, Cheers. Also if i blank out all the code for like Humanity, Zombie kills, Bandit kills and stuff it will be gone correct? 

Possibly. You might need to experiment a little to see what effect it has.