Resource TapOut2 not found

82ndAB_Bravo17

Hum that is odd, I did have a error when merging 439 that might have caused this however that should have been fixed as of 440. I just downloaded 440 and checked and don't see the code calling for TapOut2 in the release build.

Could you please check that EPOCH_fnc_playerDeath.sqf file matches this one:

https://github.com/EpochModTeam/Epoch/blob/release/Sources/epoch_code/compile/functions/EPOCH_fnc_playerDeath.sqf

If not maybe try re-downloading 440?

4 hours ago, 82ndAB_Bravo17 said:

When you are killed by a player you get this error message on the screen - "Resource TapOut2 not found" in the latest 440 version

if I go off on a tangent, please let me know cuz just trying to help!

first of all, disclaimer: I haven't experienced the same error myself, quite possibly because I play as the sole player on my test server,  having said that, I did some thinking for you and here is my take on the situation (I may be wrong):

let's start with the definition: wth is resource "tap out 2"? Don't be shy I didn't know either! I did some google-fu for you and found this:

A submission is a combat sports term for yielding to the opponent, and hence resulting in an immediate defeat. The submission - then also referred to as a "tap out" or "tapping out" - is often performed by clearly tapping the floor or the opponent with the hand or sometimes with the foot, to signal the opponent and possibly the referee of the submission.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Submission_%28combat_sports%29

now that we are armed with the terminology, let's dig deeper what's happening in real time when you get killed.

obviously you are not 'really' dead, so you can just start again your game and you (as the player/person) are still in full capacity to click around and make informed decisions. knowing this, server gives you the option: do you wish to tap out to YourKiller? as in do you wish to surrender to the killing player? you are supposed to click to YES or NO.

1. If you say NO it is simple you die in the traditional Epoch way and respawn (cloning factory and one of the three tunnels to spawn in the 3D world).

2. If you say YES (again, this is pure speculation as LordAwol didn't announce this feature yet - just my thoughts) the killer will magically revive you and handcuff you. You become a prisoner (but not dead!) so you can negotiate your release. unfortunately this feature is not fully implemented yet, so even if you wish to do so, the "resource files" for "tapping out 2 <killer>" is not in there.

in this case, server dutifully reporting to you, this aspect of Epoch mod is not yet available.

in summary, it is a feature (reporting module is not ready yet) - not a bug!

I can't wait to see this feature in action.

Wierd - it looks like the copy of 0436 that I downloaded had that change in it, and it got carried over since there were no changes in the file from 0436 to 0440 according to github. Maybe I downloaded the experimental version by mistake.

Thanks for clearing it up!

Tapout2 is part of the experimental branch. If it's missing your client is running standard Epoch on an experimental server that isn't checking signatures.

Edit: The Dev Playground has the last experimental version running on it. Try on there with steam experimental version only.

Assuming no updates have gone out in the last day or so, AWOL caveat :)