Server hosting company

Hux

I was wondering what server hosting company is best right now as I've been having trouble with mine.

I don't want a dedi. I just want to rent.

I also want access to all files.

I don't need many player slots.

I'm located on west coast of the US

Thanks.

19 hours ago, Hux said:

I was wondering what server hosting company is best right now as I've been having trouble with mine.

I don't want a dedi. I just want to rent.

I also want access to all files.

I don't need many player slots.

I'm located on west coast of the US

Thanks.

I've lost hope in server hosts. I'm finally running a dedicated server just for one Epoch server and B3. Luckily I have some players that are willing to donate to cover the cost.

Vert hosting gives you access to everything but they don't have instant installation and their support can be slow. They also don't have anything set up to install other than the basic stuff. If you want to add things like CUP mods (For Arma 3 - I know you're talking about A2 though), you have to upload them yourself. When the support does reply, they are always willing to go the extra mile to help you with your server.

I recently tried Survival Servers. They have instant installation for their servers. Their control panel is nice and they have the ability to install a lot of stuff, but their support is very "Ht-and-miss". Sometimes they reply within minutes. Other times they reply within hours. I experienced several server crashes with them and they don't give access to the DB folder for Epoch. After a couple days I told them I wasn't going to use the server and they could reclaim it. If they wanted to, they could give me a pro-rated refund for the time I'm not using it. They just replied that the server would be shut down at the end of the billing period. I didn't expect that refund but it would have been nice.

I've tried other hosts too but it's been a while so it wouldn't be fair to give reviews of others.

2 hours ago, Hux said:

I've been having trouble with Vert, so I thought there might be a good alternative.

I wish I had the time and money for a dedi....eventually I will go that route...

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I was going to host my Epoch server with them. I placed the order and three days later it still wasn't installed and I had no reply to my support ticket, so I put in a PayPal dispute to get my money back and shortly after that they refunded the money without replying to my ticket. I've seen that type of thing happen with GSP's in the past and it's often a sign of bad things happening.

7 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Yeah, I was going to host my Epoch server with them. I placed the order and three days later it still wasn't installed and I had no reply to my support ticket, so I put in a PayPal dispute to get my money back and shortly after that they refunded the money without replying to my ticket. I've seen that type of thing happen with GSP's in the past and it's often a sign of bad things happening.

That's too bad...they've always been so good.

Since the holidays though, I've been having trouble and like you, they don't reply to my tickets.

I'd like to learn more about dedicated servers. I have no idea what I'd need. Do you have a link to a site that can fill me in?

Thanks.

I use Hostwinds for my dedicated server. They are very knowledgeable and eager to help. Their support is fast too. Having a dedicated server means you can apply whatever updates you need when you need it and can always go and find out what the issue is with your server if something happens. 

https://www.hostwinds.com/dedicated.php

The one I have is the E3-1271: https://clients.hostwinds.com/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

I use soyoustart for my dedicated box.  You will need a windows client, or rent one from them (rental is 25$ monthly i think) I had a win 8 key kicking around worked out perfect.  They area sister company of OVH.

Never had issue so to speak, and the couple times i did send a ticket, within the hour i has a professional response. And since its been setup, ive never sent a ticket since.

I use the Game 2 its called. Box has a i7 4790k 4ghz, 32gb ram, 240gb ssd.

Never, i repeat..never use vilayer.  save yourself. Im in the process of trying to find some type of better business bureau in the UK.  If only...people knew lol how bad they really are.

GTX, support is fast, but depends who you get. The owners are nice and knowledgeable, but some agents are clueless...

Thats what i've experienced in my times of hosting.  GL hux

8 hours ago, Hux said:

Thanks for the info.

I think I might try Nitrado. I have a buddy that uses them & seems happy with it.

BTW, do you rent or buy the dedi box?

i rent the dedi, its around 100$ canadian monthly, which is a very good price.  At the moment i have 2 dayz servers, population isnt the highest, and a 7 days to die server plus our TS server. No hiccups ever.  The only issue ive had is when there was a huge internet outage in montreal.  Obviously my server was not the only one affected.

On 4/25/2016 at 6:28 PM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Wow, you called it. Bad things happening indeed!

https://verthosting.com/ 

Vert Hosting 

Goodbye.

As of 27th April, Vert Hosting is no longer accepting new orders.

Current services will continue to run until service expiry - please take a back-up of any data you wish to keep as soon as possible.

If you have any questions, please submit these via the normal ticket system.

Thank you to everyone who chose to host with us over the last 4 years!

13 hours ago, Excaliber_47 said:

Wow, you called it. Bad things happening indeed!

https://verthosting.com/ 

Vert Hosting 

Goodbye.

As of 27th April, Vert Hosting is no longer accepting new orders.

Current services will continue to run until service expiry - please take a back-up of any data you wish to keep as soon as possible.

If you have any questions, please submit these via the normal ticket system.

Thank you to everyone who chose to host with us over the last 4 years!

I've been hosted with 3 GSP's over the last 12 years that closed and that sort of thing always preceded a sudden closure of the company. One of those companies I worked for. The owner decided to take a 2 week holiday without giving any of us support people access to vital systems. We weren't getting paid for a few weeks and suddenly the company shut down. The other two just ended like Vert. They stopped answering support tickets and suddenly were closed.