Vaulting through metal gates/doors

KPABATOK

I knew that it is possible to sometimes walk through Epoch building structures, one time tried it myself on corrugated metal door (and Arma 3 structures too), but it seems to be very easy to do in case of upgraded cinder metal garage gates (and regular doors too, I think).

I found out about it when encountered the whole groups of glitchers on a server boasting in chat how they are in people's bases all the time. I did not quite understand what they were talking about at first until my own base were taken like that. Logged in and saw 2 players who destroyed my jammer from inside. To get to jammer room one must destroy 4 gates from bellow or 3 from above. None of them were touched, jammer gone with one cinder wall behind it (seems like satchels blew up wall before the metal floor, which was weird).

So it seems some people know how to easily walk (probably via vaulting) through those metal gates very easily. Haven't see such reports here on forum. Does anybody here know how to reproduce it? I tried, but no success. However others seems to do that on first try somehow. Need to mention that server had disabled Infistar AH at a time due to compatibility issues with current version of Epoch but I doubt it was the problem with hackers.

However there is one way to protect your base against that. I saw many bases protected like this, so obviously glitchers do not want someone else glitching into their base but they are ok with raiding others.

Put a hesco barrier or cinder wall in front of metal gates. It's that simple. Hesco barrier is smarter since you can remove and put it again easily. It seems like a way to protect it because again, I saw such bases only on that specific server and had no idea what's the point.   (it doesn't work and actually makes it easier to glitch)

I do not post it on Github because do not know the steps to reproduce it. So asking if someone be so kind and share it ;)

Edited by KPABATOK
additional information

• 3 weeks later...

Placing wooden floor just right below the gate also helps.

This is problem of a p3d skeleton of the gates, when at some point contacting the object, its height is considered => 0.

what you mean bellow the gates? Snapping gates on a floor? Or if not then at what height it should be placed, can you draw an image?

10 minutes ago, KPABATOK said:

what you mean bellow the gates? Snapping gates on a floor? Or if not then at what height it should be placed, can you draw an image?

Sorry cant draw you an image right now, but just imagine this:

|_ 

Where left tile is a gate, and 90 degree underline is a wood floor. You can simply raise a wood floor a bit higher than the gate bottom for like feet and stick it to gate. Cheap and easy.

Ah, ok, will try to test it. However one has not to put floor high enough so that it would be possible to crawl under that floor and glitch by rolling into gates (this is actually how reproduced this bug, not via vaulting, but vaulting + going prone then rolling into gates.)