sarges ai for epoch?

Hi folks, loving epoch and appreciate all the help and support this community has provided, keep it up as its by far the best flavour of Day Z there is!

Anyway , I have only recently switched my server (hosted byy days.st) to epoch and have been slowly working on tweaks. I tried to implement sarges ai last week but it didn't go to plan, can't remember what part I got into trouble with but I hink it was something like I couldn't find certain commands to replace with the satge code?

Anyway, I would just first of all like confirmation if ssrges ai does work (presumably does as I found others that had it working when I rana search) an# second of all how did you guys get it to work on epoch

Thanks in advance

i got it to work fine with out doing anything that is not in the install documentation. the only difference is im hosted with vilayer. i do remember trying befor with it on the standard dayz when i was hosted with .st but it didnt work.

sorry cant be of any help

I am still yet to find an AI with the config I am running.

Can someone who has it confirmed working check out this file? See if this is whats breaking it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nrsrozkjd02wov3/SAR_config.sqf

Looks fine to me.

Have you got this at the bottom of your init file

// UPSMON
       call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "addons\UPSMON\scripts\Init_UPSMON.sqf";

// SHK 
       call compile preprocessfile "addons\SHK_pos\shk_pos_init.sqf";

// run SAR_AI
       [] execVM "addons\SARGE\SAR_AI_init.sqf";

im trying to disable the ai from taking vehicles.. is it this that i need to edit and what to?

// Distance from destination for searching vehicles. (Search area is about 200m), 
// If your destination point is further than KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist, AI will try to find a vehicle to go there.
KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist = 1600; // 700, 900 

i think i may have the latest version anyhow (1.5.2) just wasnt looking in the correct config file.

in SAR_config.sqf it has

// enable / disable AI stealing vehicles - if you enable this, be sure to check KRON_UPS_searchVehicledist value below

SAR_AI_STEAL_VEHICLE = false;

Im guessing this means they can not take vehicles however bandits have stolen a vehicle :S

the times when i have used Sarge i always disable the helis, and only use bandits in the most popular areas like cherno, electro, berezino, stary, neaf & nwaf. and only 1-2 groups every place.

cherno electro stary neaf 1 group with 2

rest 2 groups with 3

and if will affect your server just to add Sarge, the only problem is to balance it

They are included in the custom pack.

This is the default setup in the config.

// maximum number of groups / grid
SAR_max_grps_bandits = 1;
SAR_max_grps_soldiers = 1;
SAR_max_grps_survivors = 1;

// chance for a group to spawn (1-100)
SAR_chance_bandits = 40;
SAR_chance_soldiers = 30;
SAR_chance_survivors = 40;

// maximum size of group (including Leader)
SAR_max_grpsize_bandits = 4;
SAR_max_grpsize_soldiers = 3;
SAR_max_grpsize_survivors = 4;

Overall I have lowered them from the default, but you can lower them further or reduce the spawn count to 0 if you don't wish to have the group type(s) spawn.

The dynamically spawned groups take up very little resources since they phase in and out of existence based on where players are. When you start loading static spawns via the defined markers they can take up a bit more, but even that number is really trivial. I think I have about 100 static spawns via markers, plus whatever people spawn in while they move around the map, and have noticed no difference in performance.

Couple of questions with Sarge's AI 1.5.0:

Does anyone have ground vehicle patrols working?

Does anyone have a Battleye Scripts.txt modified to work with this?

I'm not sure if you've installed 1.5.0 yet, but I came across some invisible AI when I applied the update (same for 1.5.2). No idea what's causing it...and it seems like Sarge is still troubleshooting it.

I haven't come across any Moving Ground Vehicles.

But I have noticed a nice collection of motorbikes up north in a place I am labeling the "FunZone" that seem to de-spawn when jumping on them. I have a feeling they are AI vehicles.. 

Also if anyone is yet to travel north.. This  is the area that seems to be Ripe with AI having a nice little battle almost all the time. Usually 2-3 Choppers and a mix of ground units fighting it out.

glULa1a.jpg

• 1 month later...

I have my AI fine tuned to almost exactly what I want.But I have one question does anyone have the issue of not hearing when any AI fire? I'm guessing just guessing maybe something in the DayZ_server.pbo maybe the FSM cleanup but I don't know. And everyone that has the invisible AI problem. Go into your Sarge AI config file and change the Survivir1_DZ skin to something else. I also have this problem and read on opendayz this was the fix for that issue. I will post later to update if it works or not.

I haven't come across any Moving Ground Vehicles.

But I have noticed a nice collection of motorbikes up north in a place I am labeling the "FunZone" that seem to de-spawn when jumping on them. I have a feeling they are AI vehicles.. 

Also if anyone is yet to travel north.. This  is the area that seems to be Ripe with AI having a nice little battle almost all the time. Usually 2-3 Choppers and a mix of ground units fighting it out.

glULa1a.jpg

SAME THING HERE!!!!!!!