4 types of Side Missions (Events)

Aidem

So sometimes it'd spawn a box with only an m9sd in it with a bunch of ammo? That's what I'm wondering here. Or does it just spawn ALL of the stuff contained?

loot at the loot tables.  some of them have next to nothing in them. i just deleted out the junk ones so my few players actually have a reason to goto the event

_loot_box = "SpecialWeaponsBox";
_loot_lists = [
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE"]
],
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemSodaRbull","ItemSodaR4z0r","ItemSodaRbull","ItemSodaR4z0r","ItemSodaRbull","ItemSodaR4z0r","ItemSodaRbull","ItemSodaR4z0r","FoodbaconCooked","FoodchickenCooked","FoodbaconCooked","FoodchickenCooked","FoodbaconCooked","FoodchickenCooked","FoodbaconCooked","FoodchickenCooked","FoodbaconCooked","FoodchickenCooked","FoodbaconCooked","FoodchickenCooked","FoodbaconCooked","FoodchickenCooked"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemSodaRbull"]     //<---- Crapy one with nothing in it. i just removed this one and the below one
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemSodaRbull"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","Skin_Camo1_DZ","Skin_CZ_Soldier_Sniper_EP1_DZ","Skin_CZ_Special_Forces_GL_DES_EP1_DZ","Skin_Drake_Light_DZ","Skin_FR_OHara_DZ","Skin_FR_Rodriguez_DZ","Skin_Graves_Light_DZ","Skin_Sniper1_DZ","Skin_Soldier1_DZ","Skin_Soldier_Bodyguard_AA12_PMC_DZ"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","Skin_Functionary1_EP1_DZ","Skin_Pilot_EP1_DZ","Skin_Priest_DZ","Skin_Rocker1_DZ","Skin_Rocker2_DZ","Skin_RU_Policeman_DZ","Skin_Pilot_EP1_DZ","Skin_Functionary1_EP1_DZ","Skin_Priest_DZ"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemAntibiotic","ItemBandage","ItemBloodbag","ItemEpinephrine","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemBloodbag","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemMorphine","ItemAntibiotic","ItemBandage","ItemBloodbag","ItemEpinephrine","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemBloodbag","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemMorphine","ItemAntibiotic","ItemBandage","ItemBloodbag","ItemEpinephrine","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemBloodbag","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemMorphine","ItemTent","ItemJerrycan","ItemTent","ItemJerrycan","ItemTent","ItemJerrycan"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemAntibiotic","ItemBandage","ItemBloodbag","ItemEpinephrine","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemBloodbag","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemMorphine","ItemAntibiotic","ItemBandage","ItemBloodbag","ItemEpinephrine","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemBloodbag","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaCoke","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","ItemSodaPepsi","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanBakedBeans","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanPasta","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodCanSardines","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","FoodMRE","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemMorphine","ItemAntibiotic","ItemBandage","ItemBloodbag","ItemEpinephrine","ItemMorphine","ItemPainkiller","ItemBloodbag","ItemBandage","ItemBandage","ItemMorphine","ItemTent","ItemJerrycan","ItemTent","ItemJerrycan","ItemTent","ItemJerrycan"]
]
];
_loot = _loot_lists call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

_loot_amount = 75;
_wait_time = 900;

I got 3 more examples of pretty much the same, easier to edit and probably 1/3rd the size of that file:

building_supplies.sqf:

http://pastebin.com/ptMCaTPx

medical_supplies.sqf:

http://pastebin.com/hawP3V6y

military_supplies.sqf:

http://pastebin.com/3j1WnTvt

May it help figuring out how to randomize loot.

Please Note: these supplies might have loot in it (especially the military one) that you might want to remove.

How to install? It's simple,

1. You pick one of the scripts in this topic.

2. You save the file as _FILENAMEHERE_.sqf

3. Place this _FILENAMEHERE_.sqf inside the modules folder in the dayz_server.dbo file

4. Open your MPMission / init.sqf and edit the following line:

EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",15,"supply_drop"]];

5. Add a new block with your scriptname like this:

EpochEvents = [["any","any","any","any",30,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",0,"crash_spawner"],["any","any","any","any",15,"supply_drop"],["any","any","any","any",45,"_FILENAMEHERE_"]];

Make sure you dont add .sqf to that filename there. This will spawn the event every 15 mins before a full hour (real time, not ingame time).

Hopefully that solves all the questions posed in this topic :)

if (count PlayableUnits < 20) { exitwith { diag_log ["Not enough players online, cancelling event"]; };

you could try this

I got a issue with this.

I added this to the top of the Construction.sqf and setted it to 10

- But it seems like it disables the event.

even when there is 10+ on. Had 20+ players on today. And the event didnt start even when it is triggered to start at 10+?...

Anyone who has a fix for this?

My Construction Event looks like this:

if (count PlayableUnits < 10) { exitwith { diag_log ["Not enough players online, cancelling event"]; };

private ["_spawnChance", "_spawnMarker", "_spawnRadius", "_markerRadius", "_item", "_debug", "_start_time", "_loot", "_loot_amount", "_loot_box", "_wait_time", "_spawnRoll", "_position", "_event_marker", "_loot_pos", "_debug_marker","_loot_box", "_hint"];

_spawnChance =  0.70; // Percentage chance of event happening
_markerRadius = 350; // Radius the loot can spawn and used for the marker
_debug = false; // Puts a marker exactly were the loot spawns

_loot_box = "USVehicleBox";
_loot_lists = [
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemWoodStairs","ItemWoodStairs","ItemWoodStairs","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks","MortarBucket","CinderBlocks"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemWoodStairs","ItemWoodStairs","ItemWoodStairs","ItemWoodStairs","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack","PartPlankPack","PartPlywoodPack"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor","metal_floor_kit","ItemWoodFloor"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","outhouse_kit","outhouse_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","outhouse_kit","outhouse_kit","ItemWoodStairs","ItemWoodStairs","ItemWoodStairs","ItemWoodStairs","workbench_kit","ItemComboLock","ItemComboLock","ItemWoodWallLg","ItemWoodWallGarageDoor","ItemWoodWallWindowLg","ItemWoodWallLg","ItemWoodWallLg","ItemWoodWallLg"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemWoodStairs","ItemWoodStairs","ItemWoodStairs","ItemWoodStairs","workbench_kit","ItemComboLock","ItemComboLock","ItemWoodWallLg","ItemWoodWallGarageDoor","ItemWoodWallWindowLg","ItemWoodWallLg","ItemWoodWallLg","ItemWoodWallLg"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","PartGeneric","metal_floor_kit","PartGeneric","metal_floor_kit","PartGeneric","metal_floor_kit","PartGeneric","metal_floor_kit","PartGeneric","metal_floor_kit","PartGeneric","metal_floor_kit","PartGeneric","metal_floor_kit","PartGeneric","metal_floor_kit","PartGeneric","metal_floor_kit","PartGeneric","metal_floor_kit","PartGeneric","metal_floor_kit"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","ItemWoodWallGarageDoor","ItemWoodWallWindowLg","ItemWoodWallLg","ItemWoodWallLg","ItemWoodWallLg","ItemWoodWallGarageDoor","ItemWoodWallWindowLg","ItemWoodWallLg","ItemWoodWallLg","ItemWoodWallLg","ItemWoodWallGarageDoor","ItemWoodWallWindowLg","ItemWoodWallLg","ItemWoodWallLg","ItemWoodWallLg","ItemWoodWallGarageDoor","ItemWoodWallWindowLg"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","workbench_kit","cinder_wall_kit","ItemComboLock","ItemComboLock","cinder_garage_kit","cinder_garage_kit","cinder_door_kit","cinder_door_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit","cinder_wall_kit"]
],
[
["M9SD"],
["15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","15Rnd_9x19_M9SD","workbench_kit","ItemWoodStairs","ItemWoodStairs","ItemWoodStairs","wood_shack_kit","wood_shack_kit","wood_shack_kit","deer_stand_kit","deer_stand_kit","ItemWoodLadder","ItemWoodLadder","desert_net_kit","desert_net_kit","ItemWoodLadder","ItemWoodLadder","desert_net_kit","forest_net_kit","forest_net_kit","forest_net_kit","desert_net_kit","desert_net_kit","ItemSandbagLarge","ItemSandbagLarge"]
]
];
_loot = _loot_lists call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

_loot_amount = 75;
_wait_time = 900; 

// Dont mess with theses unless u know what yours doing
_start_time = time;
_spawnRadius = 5000;
_spawnMarker = 'center';

if (isNil "EPOCH_EVENT_RUNNING") then {
EPOCH_EVENT_RUNNING = false;
};

// Check for another event running
if (EPOCH_EVENT_RUNNING) exitWith {
diag_log("Event already running");
};

// Random chance of event happening
_spawnRoll = random 1;
if (_spawnRoll > _spawnChance and !_debug) exitWith {};

// Random location
_position = [getMarkerPos _spawnMarker,0,_spawnRadius,10,0,2000,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

diag_log(format["Spawning loot event at %1", _position]);

_event_marker = createMarker [ format ["loot_event_marker_%1", _start_time], _position];
_event_marker setMarkerShape "ELLIPSE";
_event_marker setMarkerColor "ColorGreen";
_event_marker setMarkerAlpha 0.5;
_event_marker setMarkerSize [(_markerRadius + 50), (_markerRadius + 50)];

_loot_pos = [_position,0,(_markerRadius - 100),10,0,2000,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

if (_debug) then {
_debug_marker = createMarker [ format ["loot_event_debug_marker_%1", _start_time], _loot_pos];
_debug_marker setMarkerShape "ICON";
_debug_marker setMarkerType "mil_dot";
_debug_marker setMarkerColor "ColorGreen";
_debug_marker setMarkerAlpha 1;
};

diag_log(format["Creating ammo box at %1", _loot_pos]);

// Create ammo box
_loot_box = createVehicle [_loot_box,_loot_pos,[], 0, "NONE"];
clearMagazineCargoGlobal _loot_box;
clearWeaponCargoGlobal _loot_box;

// Cut the grass around the loot position
_clutter = createVehicle ["ClutterCutter_small_2_EP1", _loot_pos, [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_clutter setPos _loot_pos;
// cut the grass    end

// Add loot
{
_loot_box addWeaponCargoGlobal [_x,1];
} forEach (_loot select 0);
{
_loot_box addMagazineCargoGlobal [_x,1];
} forEach (_loot select 1);

// Send Top Right message to users , requires Remote message script
//_hint = parseText format["<t align=center' color='#00FF11' shadow='2' size='1.75'>Construction Crate</t><br/><t align='center' color='#ffffff'>Ikea Truck lost its Cargo, Check your Map for the Location!</t&gt];
//customRemoteMessage = ['hint', _hint];
//publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";

// Send center message to users 
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"Ikea Truck lost its Cargo, Check your Map for the Location!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;

diag_log(format["Loot event setup, waiting for %1 seconds", _wait_time]);

// Wait
sleep _wait_time;

// Clean up
EPOCH_EVENT_RUNNING = false;
deleteVehicle _loot_box;
deleteMarker _event_marker;
if (_debug) then {
deleteMarker _debug_marker;
};

I got a issue with this.

I added this to the top of the Construction.sqf and setted it to 10

- But it seems like it disables the event.

even when there is 10+ on. Had 20+ players on today. And the event didnt start even when it is triggered to start at 10+?...

Anyone who has a fix for this?

My Construction Event looks like this:

Please use pastebin or w/e instead of filling pages with the same codes, we only need to look at that one line if it isnt working.

if (count PlayableUnits < 20) { exitwith { diag_log ["Not enough players online, cancelling event"]; };

I didn't really put much effort into writing that one line, but you could try changing it into this:

if ((count PlayableUnits) < 20) exitwith { diag_log ["Not enough players online, cancelling event"];}; 

Check out these 2 pages:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/exitWith

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/if

If you are using AI, you should probably not use PlayableUnits

I just stumbled upon this: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/6thSense.eu:EG

Maybe it helps you too

Do I have to use the default missions for things to spawn because I changed the things that spawn in the military, supply, and treasure and they dont spawn but the construction one is fine. Do I just have to change the _loot_amount or is there something else I have to do to make them spawn.

make sure EVENT_RUNNING is set to false when your event is over.

They are all set to false, when I added back the default ones from the download last night they were all spawning in but I didn't want to edit any of the bs m9sd military boxes because I didnt want them to fuck up.

Here is a link to all my edited ones.  

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pxkqylrj3p9dhet/smzPUgrUYd/modules

Hi,

I am able to get this working no problems, but i'm trying to able to activate those manually, as an Admin Event

I modified script by karena (thx) to activate those missions, but i am getting BE Kick everytime i try to run those, obviouslly for spawning weapon crates.

Any way to go around that, without modifying BE filters. I'm not any good with scripts :(