Requesting a little help here please

Th3-Hunter333

Ive got a very strange issue here while using dayz launcher

Im getting this in dayz launcher whenever i try to connect to any server at all from dayz launcher directly (yes all mod files are updated and verified, also have reinstalled dayz launcher many times, also have verified game cache for arma 2 and operation arrowhead under steam)

If i use this under the launch options in steam for arma 2 operation arrowhead i can connect to our server and any others running overpoch perfectly fine (that verifies that my mods files for epoch and overwatch are working)
Using dayz launcher is where the issue arrives
 -mod=@dayzoverwatch;@dayz_epoch1051;

http://postimg.org/image/9c8n41tfz/

Edited by Th3-Hunter333
screenshot didnt go through

Thanks for the reply mate, but that also checks out fine...

I went inside dayz launcher and also verified arma 2 and operation arrowhead through dayz launcher and steam as well perfectly fine...

I also checked the update launcher but it was already up to date as well..

This is copied from right clicking the exe itself inside the install directory, i will copy and paste the location here below from the properties window

H:\Windows Game Files Backup\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 2
H:\Windows Game Files Backup\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

This is copied from the settings window inside dayz launcher
H:\Windows Game Files Backup\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 2

H:\Windows Game Files Backup\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

Both of these check out completely clean with each other which is why im so confused

This literally randomly stopped working, im not sure if it because of missing drivers or what is going on

Sounds like the OA executable has been corrupted, may be a drive error such as bad sector. Try deleting the OA executable file then verifying the game through Steam. It should, hopefully, replace the missing exe file with one that works.
Hopefully you get it sorted soon.

I tried this as well, ran steam as administrator deleted ALL exe files for operation arrowhead as well as arma 2 and verified (yes it redownloaded all of them back again)

I ran both arma 2 and operation arrowhead again and tried dayz launcher again to have the exact same error.

Im clueless as to why this is not working now all of a sudden, i think i have tried everything

I was wondering when you launch the game from dayzlauncher how you are doing it? I know it sounds silly but are you doing it from the front server page and hitting the arrow to start it? Or are you manually doing it from the advanced page and then using your remote to login in to your server? You don't need the -mod=@dayzoverwatch;@dayz_epoch1051; parameters in the additional parameters to launch the game. Not sure you are doing this it just kinda reads that way in the first post.

Ok ill start off like this, when i go to use dayz launcher again i remove the launch parameters for steam (-mod=@dayzoverwatch;@dayz_epoch1051;)

The exact same error happens if i use the arrow to join directly on the server as well as it happens if i go to advanced and add overwatch and epoch to the right under enabled. The exact same error pops up either one that i use

• 2 weeks later...

I am here posting again to say that this issue still is not fixed, i am at a total loss right now on how to fix this.

I can also confirm that the exact same error happens on ALL epoch launchers not just dayz launcher (play with six, dayz launcher, and dayz commander). Same thing happens on all of them

I have zero clue what to do

i will clean the logs completely client side so i can paste it fresh here from a failed attempt, but im thinking there is no logs at all as the game doesnt even fully start before this error pops

Edit: Yeah i had thought so on this one

This is from fresh, i cleared the rpt saved it and started it up again and this is as far as it gets.

The only thing that even happens is the check boxes will pop up that FIRST appear when you start the game and the instant that closes the error from above appears.

Also, I know for sure nothing is wrong with the installation of dayz epoch/overwatch/arma 2 operation arrowhead/arma 2 because if i use launch parameters on steam to launch epoch/overwatch and connect to the server it works perfectly fine. Only dayz launcher/play with six/dayz commander, all of them come up with the exact same error

=====================================================================
== H:\Windows Game Files Backup\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe
== "H:\Windows Game Files Backup\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe"  -connect=85.131.236.88 -port=2302 "-mod=H:\Windows Game Files Backup\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 2;Expansion;H:\Windows Game Files Backup\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\@DayZ_Epoch1051;"
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2015/09/26 16:04:15
Current time:  2015/10/12 12:30:58

Version 1.63.125548
Item STR_EQUIP_NAME_41 listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_DESC_41 listed twice
Updating base class ->NonStrategic, by Ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HouseBase/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by Ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ruins/
Updating base class ->DestructionEffects, by Ca\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/DestructionEffects/
Updating base class ->FlagCarrierCore, by ca\ca_pmc\config.bin/CfgVehicles/FlagCarrier/
Updating base class ->VehicleMagazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/14Rnd_FFAR/
Updating base class ->PistolCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Pistol/
Updating base class ->LauncherCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/RocketPods/
Updating base class ->RocketPods, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/FFARLauncher/
Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/ItemCore/
Updating base class ->Citizen, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1/
Updating base class ->SkodaBase, by ca\wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/car_sedan/
Updating base class ->UH60_Base, by ca\air\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MH60S/
Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Fire/
Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_A_tent/
Updating base class ->Camp_base, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ACamp/
Updating base class ->Car, by ca\wheeled2\lada\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Lada_base/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Small_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street1_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street2_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lampa_Ind_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_PowLines_Conc2L_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_2/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_3/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind_zebr/
Updating base class RscStandardDisplay->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscDisplayStart/
Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscShortcutButtonMain, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_Exit/
Updating base class RscText->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscTitles/Default/
Updating base class zZombie_Base->zZombie_new_Base, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/z_villager1/
Updating base class zZombie_Base->zZombie_new_Base, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/z_worker1/
Updating base class Soldier_Crew_PMC->Soldier_Bodyguard_M4_PMC, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SurvivorW2_DZ/
Updating base class HighCommand->Logic, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HighCommandSubordinate/
Updating base class ->ViewOptics, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Mi17_base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class HouseBase->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class NonStrategic->BuiltItems, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Fort_RazorWire/
Updating base class MeleeHatchet->MeleeWeapon, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgWeapons/MeleeCrowbar/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/29Rnd_30mm_AGS30/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/48Rnd_40mm_MK19/
Updating base class 4000Rnd_762x51_M134->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/2000Rnd_762x51_M134/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/100Rnd_127x99_M2/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/50Rnd_127x107_DSHKM/
Updating base class Hatchet_Swing->Melee_Swing, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/crowbar_swing/
Updating base class CA_Magazine->Melee_Swing, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/Hatchet_Swing/
Updating base class Land_HouseV_1I2->House, by zero_buildings\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Land_HouseV_1L2/
Updating base class Land_HouseV_1I2->House, by zero_buildings\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/Land_HouseV_3I3/
Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\air2\mv22\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MV22/
Updating base class ViewOptics->, by ca\air2\uh1y\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1_Base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class ->Land_CamoNet_EAST, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_CamoNet_EAST_EP1/
Updating base class ->Land_CamoNetB_EAST, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_CamoNetB_EAST_EP1/
Updating base class ->Sign_1L_Noentry, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Sign_1L_Noentry_EP1/
Updating base class ->Sign_circle, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Helper_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->Rifle, by ca\weapons_baf\config.bin/cfgWeapons/BAF_AS50_scoped/
Updating base class ->Rifle, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M60A4_EP1/
Updating base class ->M249, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M249_EP1/
Updating base class ->M249, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M249_m145_EP1/
Updating base class ->m107, by ca\weapons_e\m107\config.bin/CfgWeapons/m107_TWS_EP1/
Updating base class ->M240, by ca\weapons_e\m240\config.bin/CfgWeapons/m240_scoped_EP1/
Updating base class ->V3S_Base, by ca\wheeled_e\v3s\config.bin/CfgVehicles/V3S_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->V3S_Base_EP1, by ca\wheeled_e\v3s\config.bin/CfgVehicles/V3S_Refuel_TK_GUE_EP1/
Updating base class House->DZE_OpenHouse, by warehouse\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Ind_Pec_03/
Updating base class ->C130J_base, by ca\air_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/C130J_US_EP1/
Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air_e\ah6j\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH6_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\air_e\an2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/An2_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->CH47_base_EP1, by ca\air_e\ch47\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CH_47F_EP1/
Updating base class ViewOptics->, by ca\air_e\uh1h\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1H_base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Crew_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_TL_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Bodyguard_M4_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Bodyguard_AA12_PMC/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_L_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_L_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_Officer_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_Officer_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_SniperH_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_SniperH_W/
Updating base class ->M113Ambul_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113Ambul_UN_EP1/
Updating base class ->M113_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113_UN_EP1/
Updating base class ->M113Ambul_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113Ambul_TK_EP1/
Updating base class ->M113_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113_TK_EP1/
Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air_d_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Merlin_HC3_D/

Edited by Th3-Hunter333

That error seems to come from a dll type error. try looking at this http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exe-entry-point-not-found/5b0866c1-8e45-457e-a83c-651c1fd307cc?auth=1 although not exactly the same error the fix may be the same. It would be possible I guess for the launchers to use the same file to interact with steam and arma.

Edited by DaveA