Want bs rpt errors to be fixed, up vote this feedback

DirtySanchez

http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=24573

I really feel this feedback tracker if fixed will be one of the main reasons for degradation.

He provides the exact to many of the questions that pop up in here about the rpt.

This causes:

- Increased, unnecessary Network Traffic
- RPT file size increase (file operations are not cost-free?)
- Unnecessary diag_log/logFormat calls.
- RPT becomes illegible. 2,000,000 lines with only a few thousand are any use.

Deleting a server-owned object from the client, causes server to write to RPT a message like this:

Error: Object(4 : 481) not found
Server: Object 4:481 not found (message Type_162)

Deleting a client-owned object from the server, causes client to write to server RPT a message like this:

Error: Object(3 : 119) not found
Client: Object 3:119 (type Type_119) not found.
Steps To Reproduce	//============================ EXEC ON SERVER:

[] spawn {
    QS_server_objectTest = TRUE;
    QS_server_testObj = objNull; publicVariable 'QS_server_testObj';
    while {QS_server_objectTest} do {
        if (isNull QS_server_testObj) then {
            QS_server_testObj = createVehicle ['C_man_1',[10,10,0],[],0,'NONE']; publicVariable 'QS_server_testObj';
        };
        if (!isNil 'QS_client_testObj') then {
            if (!isNull QS_client_testObj) then {
                deleteVehicle QS_client_testObj; QS_client_testObj = objNull; publicVariable "QS_client_testObj";
            };
        };
        sleep 1;
    };
};

//============================ EXEC ON CLIENT:

[] spawn {
    QS_client_objectTest = TRUE;
    QS_client_testObj = objNull; publicVariable 'QS_client_testObj';
    while {QS_client_objectTest} do {
        if (isNull QS_client_testObj) then {
            QS_client_testObj = createVehicle ['C_man_1',[-10,-10,0],[],0,'NONE']; publicVariable 'QS_client_testObj';
        };
        if (!isNil 'QS_server_testObj') then {
            if (!isNull QS_server_testObj) then {
                deleteVehicle QS_server_testObj; QS_server_testObj = objNull; publicVariable "QS_server_testObj";
            };
        };
        uiSleep 1;
    };
};
Additional Information	^ Exec that in the correct localities will produce a sample in the RPT. In a large MP scenario with 50+ clients running for hours, it gets much worse considering player-local objects being deleted (such as those found in allDead array).

I don't think so many recursive diag_log/logFormat calls is good for performance, neither is a growing RPT file.

Also it is the client writing to the servers RPT file, meaning each line represents network traffic.

Seems as if there is an object array being iterated through. Perhaps delete the null element from that array rather than log a report, or at least allow scripters the ability to switch off that diag_log/logFormat call to cut down on network traffic, RPT size, diag_log calls, and make the RPT more user-friendly.

Thanks guys

In case anyone else didn't really read through the important info.

I'm sure any server owner has seen plenty of those lines in their rpt.

this example that was given provides the info BIS needs and hopefully they will fix it.

If you read farther down the quote, it shows that these lines can be caused by clients, which is terrible for network traffic and I feel is a big reason we are all seeing network communication issues when there shouldnot be

Thanks guys

In case anyone else didn't really read through the important info.

I'm sure any server owner has seen plenty of those lines in their rpt.

this example that was given provides the info BIS needs and hopefully they will fix it.

If you read farther down the quote, it shows that these lines can be caused by clients, which is terrible for network traffic and I feel is a big reason we are all seeing network communication issues when there shouldnot be

Actually I am more tired of reading someone doesn't have a cheek bone and that the epoch dll version couldn't be found....

However, I agree with you :)

Would be great to have the RPT cleaned up. As someone new to all this I am still trying to learn what errors to ignore and which ones is the serer saying this hurts. Sometimes looking at all those missing body parts........makes you thing you have AI laying around dismembered. LOL. Would be great if BIS would clean this all up to a more usable log. Learned its value since I got my own Ark server because Ark has yet to give logs to server owners and they are slowly rolling out Mods over there.