[scarCODE] server introCredits by IT07

IT07

@ IT07: Right, I obviously hadn't checked the read-me file. All that stuff I added to the description.ext I pulled out of the ether. Your attitude is both appreciated and extremely helpful. Thanks so much.

To answer your question (since you apparently didn't bother to read MY post) I had done as the read-me directed, added what it said to add to the description.ext. I re-packed my PBO (also as it directed) but despite having done all of that, this mod still isn't working for me. At all. Since the read-me only said... "Make sure to repack the contents of the server-side folder into a pbo named exactly the same as the folder they came in" I thought perhaps I had misunderstood that, and that it wanted me to be doing something else? Which didn't really make sense, but I've been at this for hours and I'm kind of new, and also human (thusly capable of error), so I figured I'd, you know, ASK somebody, instead of breaking it further, but you have my sincere apologies for the inconvenience my request for help apparently caused you.

Sorry, it's just been a really long day.

@ Sp4rky: It sounds like I had done it all correctly then. Not sure why it's still not showing up for me. Thanks anyway though :) and for being actually nice lol. I just can't seem to figure out what I've done wrong here.

So then, i think the only way to force help is that you show us your files.

Show us your description and perhaps screenshots of your folder structure where you have copied the files/folders to.

I accept that you are new to this, because of this i have to ask you: Do you really know, how to unpack and repack a pbo-file ?

This can cause the problem too.

cheers

Having the same issue as blue, although in a slightly less aggressive manner lol - I added everything associated with the "scarCODE functions" in description.ext and also the #include "scarCODE\global.hpp", I do have global.hpp in scarCODE, alongwith the Intro credits folder, I packed it all up nice and pretty in my epoch.altis.pbo, and yet! No dice.

To be clear, and for the sake of expediency --- I have read the README.md   :P  so please let's all not yell at me.

• if you install anyting that uses a scrollmenu and you have infiSTAR, make sure things in infiSTARsettings.txt match yours 
  • any scarCODE menu needs the #include "scarCODE\global.hpp" file included in description.ext. Check the description.ext example in this repository to see how to do so.
  • PVE/anti-PVP script needs a3_scarCODE_PVE in @epochhive\addons
  • PSR script needs a3_scarCODE_PSR in @epochhive\addons 
    Make sure to repack the contents of the server-side folder into a pbo named exactly the same as the folder they came in.

I do not have infistar, I have included the #include "scarCODE\global.hpp", I'm not using the PVE scripts, I'm not using PSR scripts? (I don't think. Unless I should be, in which case that is where I've gone wrong.) and I did re-pack the contents into the PBO. 

That is literally all the README says relative to installing.  I'm not having issues with BE. It just simply does not run an intro when I start the server. No errors, no BattlEye meltdowns, just doesn't seem to know it's there. 

Apologies if this is kind of a stupid question, I'm sure I've missed something obvious, but I.. yeah. Just could use some help. 

@ Sp4rky: Here's the description.ext

author = "Epoch Mod Team";
class Header
{
 gameType = Sandbox;
 minPlayers = 1;
 maxPlayers = 100;
};
respawn = "BASE";
respawnDelay = 600;
respawnDialog = 0;

onLoadMission= "Epoch";
OnLoadIntro = "Welcome to Epoch Mod";
loadScreen = "\x\addons\a3_epoch_assets\pictures\loadScreen_ca.paa";
OnLoadIntroTime = False;
OnLoadMissionTime = False;
onLoadName = "Epoch Mod";
disabledAI = true;
scriptedPlayer = 1;
disableChannels[] = {0,2,6};
enableItemsDropping = 0;
briefing = 0;
debriefing = 0;
enableDebugConsole = 0;
joinUnassigned = 0;
respawnOnStart = 0;
forceRotorLibSimulation = 1;

corpseManagerMode = 1;
corpseLimit = 10;
corpseRemovalMinTime = 1200;
corpseRemovalMaxTime = 3600;

wreckManagerMode = 1;
wreckLimit = 2;
wreckRemovalMinTime = 60;
wreckRemovalMaxTime = 360;

class CfgRemoteExecCommands {};

class cfgFunctions
{
	/////// scarCODE functions ///////
	class scarCODE
	{
		tag = "SC";
		class introCredits // Server Intro Credits
		{
			file = "scarCODE\introCredits";
			class initCredits { postInit = 1; };
		};
	};
};

class CfgEpochClient
{
	epochVersion = "0.3.2.0";

sapperRngChance = 100; // increase number to reduce chances and reduce to increase. Default 100 = 1% - 55% if soiled (+ 2% if in city) chance to spawn sapper
	droneRngChance = 100; // increase number to reduce chances and reduce to increase. Default 100 = // 2% chance (+ 4% chance if in city) (1% - 2% Half if using silencer) to spawn drone if shot fired

buildingNearbyMilitary = 0; //1 to allow building nearby
	buildingNearbyMilitaryRange = 300; //Define radius of blocked area

buildingRequireJammer = 0; // 1 = to allow building without a jammer
	buildingCountLimit = 200; // how many objects can be built within range of a jammer
	buildingJammerRange = 75; // jammer range in meters

EPOCH_news[] = {"Word is that Sappers have a new boss.","Dogs will often lure them monsters away.","My dog was blown up. I miss him.."};

#include "\x\addons\a3_epoch_config\Configs\CfgEpochClient\Altis.hpp"

};

class CfgEpochSapper
{
	detonateDistMax = 8; //Random distance between 3m and this number at which sapper detonates. Min value = 4
	groanTrig = 16; //Percentage chance of a groan. Min value = 4
	sRange = 300; //Distance from target over which sapper will dispose. Range within which sapper code will be aware of targets. Distance up to which sapper will attempt to find a spot to hide in. Min Value = 150.
	smellDist = 24; //Distance up to which sapper can smell. Used to decide if sapper can see target when deciding to charge and influences target selection. Is influenced by wind direction. Min Value = 8.
};

class CfgEpochUAV
{
	UAVMinDist = 48; //Minimum distance to choose next position when roaming. Min Value = 8.
	UAVMaxDist = 180; //Maximum distance to choose next position when roaming. Min Value = 42 / Max Value = 400.
	UAVHeight = 100; //Set height when roaming, slight randomness is applied to this value. UAV will choose own height when locked onto target. Min Value = 42 / Max Value = 280. UAV can still spot targets from height !
};

class CfgEpochAirDrop
{
	AirDropFreq = 1200; //AirDropChance, to decide if Air drop occurs, will only be checked once per AirDropFreq time period, for each player. Min value = 120.
	AirDropChance = 6; //Percentage chance of air drop, for current player. Checked every AirDropFreq and upon antagonists spawn trigger. -1 To disable.
};

class CfgEpochCloak
{
	cRange = 300; //Distance, from target, at which Cloak will dispose. Cloak is also aware of players within this range. (Min: 60 / Max: 600)
	cAggression = 75; //Percentage chance of attack, currently a psychological attack (Cultist spooky voice). (Min: 1 / Max: 100)
	attackFrequency = 120; //One attack only per this period. (Min: 120)
	attackDistance = 38; // Distance, from target, up to which Cloak will attack. Lower for less vocals. (Min: 16)
	targetChangeFrequency = 42; //Cloak will only attempt to change target once per this period. Make Higher to stick to first target player. (Min: 42)
	teleportChance = 66; //Chance for cloak to teleport. (Min: 1)
	hoverFrequency = 1280; //Cloak has new hover attack. When player is above cloak, and at a distance, cloak will float to player and teleport attack. Only perform one of these moves per this period. (Min: 240)
};

class RscTitles
{
#include "addons\Status_Bar\statusBar.hpp"
};

//Intro Credits
#include "scarCODE\global.hpp"

What the contents of the pbo looks like...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kgkmuz0rnyf6ufi/01.png?dl=0

and what the contents of the scarCODE folder looks like...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wjt0l3sb6hcsgv6/02.png?dl=0

I have PBO manager, sooo to repack the PBO I just right click the folder and tell it to "pack into epoch.altis.pbo", it then gives me a pbo named "epoch.altis.pbo" and if I open that file in PBO manager, all of the folders and files are indeed in there.  :) All other mods I've added to the PBO in this way are working. I assume that's the proper way to do it. If not, I'll look into that further I guess.

Thanks again.

Post-Edit: Also PM'd to IT07, sorry hadn't seen your response before posting.

Just a little hint btw:

Don´t use the rightclick function "create pbo" with the Pbo-Manager!

Sometimes it may happens that this cause in problems, getting the correct prefixes of this file and some parts of your missionfile cannot be loaded exactly....

Instead of rightclick option i recommend to use either copy&paste or drag&drop the files into the manager.

Thats a bit safer. Perhaps this is just the reason? Try it!

Your description seems to be ok.

cheers

@Sp4rkY: I have been using pbo manager since the day I started scripting and I have never experienced the issue with prefix. I even remove that mikero file because it has no function for me. Also, I do not repack the mission file into a pbo on my server because the server can read fine from a folder. But I know that most server providers demand the mission file to be a pbo instead of a folder so that is why I still instruct to repack into a pbo.

I have a dedi, so thats not the reason :)

I dont can remember if it was a prefix fail, but anything "can" went wrong. Its a possibility for path errors or something and this don´t happen always. That was a talking point in an other thread here also, but its too long ago to find it now :)

This mikero file isnt created by me because i use the way of copy&paste (this are standard keystrokes which takes 2 seconds for me and the pbo is packed. i think iam faster as the rightclick menu ^^ - ok its an other subject ^^)

On the other side, the same can happen if you use a folder at the server. With this method i had some path errors too and some functions wont load. I packed it in a pbo and everything was fine :)

But what i want to aim was, that the guys learn how to do the standard things ;)

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @IT07 can I pm you what i have setup for my mission. and tell me what im doing wrong with your bundle.

I am assuming based on your instructions and other posts that there is nothing needed to be added to the init.sqf file to make your bundle work. Everything is in the description.ext that calls for the scripts.

• 3 weeks later...