Exploding Vehicles & Helicopters

Stranger

We all know the Exploding Vehicle Bug, when Cars n Stuff go Live, they are bouncing a little and when parked to near to each other they are jsut exploding.

But whats new since the new patch is exploding helicopters. As you enter the Heli, it will Explode...are you into this?

Not sure witch fix you mean.

Ad least once we had that i was flying went to trader then my friend went in pilot seat and got badly hurt and all windows broken it was perfectly fine when i landed.

So if you mean the script of KiloSwiss will fix that i don,t know how it will also it will allow players shooting your vehicles from a distance and then they walk within 100m and they will blow up.

• 1 month later...

I updated a3_epoch_server\compile\epoch_vehicle\EPOCH_load_vehicles.sqf with:

//_vehicle enableSimulationGlobal false;

I then started my server and tried getting into 20 or so different helis - NO BOOM!

I'll run this updated script on my production server and see if if helps. I also did not notice any drop in FPS.

Edit: I tried getting into the pilot seat of Mi-8T (RHS), Taru, M900, and multiple Hummingbirds. Still no boom!

I thought this all started when they released the helicopter dlc. I distinctly remember playing koth before this and not noticing it happen, dlc released and it was happening constantly. Especially the Mohawks that spawned in (as opposed to helis people purchased).

Seemed to me it was happening due to the height, spawning into the ground a bit, try to operate it and boom collision. Pretty sure that's why shooting it beforehand helps because it moves it enough to pop out of the ground, no?

How the hell is this still an issue in Arma? I haven't looked at the bug tracker lately, no one working on this or is it something beyond the spawning position and they can't figure it out?

make it a habit of shooting your chopper once or twice after each death/server restart. never had an exploding chopper after doing this

How do you know it works? I mean, what's the difference between this and mere luck? I never had a heli exploding on me when I was using "enter as co-pilot" trick and flew helis as co-pilot only, yet after a week I exploded two times like this.

Face it, even if someone finds a fix there is no way of knowing if it is a fix or placebo since there is no explanation what's causing it in a first place. Sometimes vehicles explode by itself, sometimes only when you enter them. Sometimes they just vanish without explosion...

Pretty sure that's why shooting it beforehand helps because it moves it enough to pop out of the ground, no?

No, shooting does not help. Tried that - exploded multiple times. Yes, when you shoot it "resets" a vehicle a little bit, like it bumps slighlty, but it may be just a graphical issue and have nothing to do with the game and its engine or vehicle model.

To me most of the times vehicles reset when I get closer to them, so why even shoot? It is not a fix, another placebo.

Sometimes vehicles explode by itself, sometimes only when you enter them. Sometimes they just vanish without explosion...

I just tell my players that the heli was booby-trapped by the evil bots :)

Does this explanation work for you?

this may seem strange, but we have placed helipads from the editor around the map(chernarus). In 3 weeks we have not had one blow up.... yet! maybe luck, but we have gone from heli blowing up regular to none in 3weeks.

i know it because no chopper has blown up in my gob since shooting it a few times before entering. not only me but also my clanmates and some of our guests. before there was quite a few blow up in your face moments.

And I know it doesn't work because I shot the helicopter first, jumped in later and it exploded. Just because you are lucky doesn't mean it is a fix. I can remember at least two instances where shooting did not prevent heli from exploding.

ok if you want to be so precise..alright. its not a fix in the first place anyways since there's nothing done that changes the core problem..be it arma 3 base game or the epoch mod. you had your chopper blow up on you after you got in? most likely died in between that and getting in or you just say something to be "against something". thats the feeling i have :p

but you are right on one point ..we'll never know if its luck or not.although then by this standard i know alot of lucky players on our servers

We know it is luck because of the reports of people who exploded even after shooting the helicopters. I don't know, maybe your server is special, but I personally tried 10 different types of "fixes" and none of them passed the test. I do not shoot helis at all, actually I do nothing now, just jump in and fly, and no heli exploded on me for over a week. Can I claim that there is no problem at all and it fixed itself? Of course not, I am just lucky. But I assure you, I currently do nothing, just YOLO, jump in in any heli with no worries and none exploded. Found a fix guys! :D