Locked vehicles thru restarts

rhammer2003

Question

23 answers to this question

Richie I have set my vehicleLockTime to vehicleLockTime = 1209600; // Controls how many seconds it takes to allow another person/group to unlock vehicle.

which sould be 14 days, after doing this I locked a vehicle and had some one try to unlock it after my restart, they were able to unlock it right away. they did not belong to any group and I did not have them lock or unlock the vehicle before the restart.

Richie I have set my vehicleLockTime to vehicleLockTime = 1209600; // Controls how many seconds it takes to allow another person/group to unlock vehicle.

which sould be 14 days, after doing this I locked a vehicle and had some one try to unlock it after my restart, they were able to unlock it right away. they did not belong to any group and I did not have them lock or unlock the vehicle before the restart.

Agree Locktime didnt save Vehicles on Restart............

Its 1:1 like the earlier Epoch Server Release

Regards

If anything I've had complaints about almost every vehicle being locked as some little shits have been going around the map locking every vehicle they can find but leaving them where they are.

The vehicle lock time could do with having two settings, one for when in range of the associated players jammer and another one for if it is parked up out of range of a jammer.

That way you could set the timer for being in range of a jammer time to be much longer than just anywhere on the map to stop the vehicle locking trolls :D

I checked this again with full wipe,

Now its working i dont know whats wrong but the first setup i wiped DB too and then it didnt work.

However now everything is ok but i will watch this till next restart and again and again.......

For me its fixed but i will report here if it comes up again becouse maybe a script is blocking this?!I dont know

Regards

Vehicle lock works fine on my test server, but not on the public server. I'm using the same settings for both.

I did have an issue with not having the client files after update. I wonder if that created the database settings which are now preventing the vehicle lock form working? The test server was upgraded after I got the public server working.

***EDIT***

Ok, it seems to be working now. I think the vehicles that spawned in before I fixed the update issues weren't locking, but new ones are definitely staying locked after restarts now.

Vehicle lock works fine on my test server, but not on the public server. I'm using the same settings for both.

I did have an issue with not having the client files after update. I wonder if that created the database settings which are now preventing the vehicle lock form working? The test server was upgraded after I got the public server working.

***EDIT***

Ok, it seems to be working now. I think the vehicles that spawned in before I fixed the update issues weren't locking, but new ones are definitely staying locked after restarts now.

If players have an issue with locking vehicles, if they sell them to a trader and buy them back again it usually fixes it.