Inventory / Build Circle Is Giving Me Headaches

Flybynight

I disagree, it is necessary, just needs tailoring. Which it will get. From testing we were responding to people unsure of some of the new lootables. I see it staying, just being toned down to a new player hint. Am sure, in the long term, that hardcore type servers will have the option to remove, we all like discovering things, even hundreds of hours into a game if something new is discovered it's always a good feeling.

We all have opinions on whether it is necessary or not, but give us the players the option to turn it on or off. I have had that damn icon hint flash on and off at me while looking directly at an object. Why does it flicker so much? Anybody else having this issue? And as for the interaction with other players, most everybody in our server already knows how to trade with other players. How can a icon hint help out when trying to battle in a PVP server. I don't want to trade with the enemy if I've got my gun out.

It was annoying at first.  But it has come in VERY HANDY many times for loot that you can't see.  Like in the hangers at NEAF, items spawn but are UNDER the concrete.  If the inventory circle had not appeared, I would have missed out on some useful items because I literally could not see anything.

I find the icons quite annoying but I can live (or die depending on my run of luck) with them. I would suggest one of three things.

1. Have them only appear when in build modes (this seems most logical)

2. Have an option to turn them on or off (giving players more options is always a good thing)

3. Make them smaller and maybe a slightly different colour to differentiate with the loot/player trade icons. (make them more subtle)

I love the new trade icon that comes up when looking at a player, but more because it lets me see who it is that i'm looking at in my group where there is otherwise no real way to tell who is who... Name tags for group members is so handy.

All in all a big step forward but i think .4 will be amazing if the right things are prioritised. Three things I think should be seriously considered for .4 are:

1. Better group management (coloured hexagons, name tags, distance from my location indicator etc...)

2. More buildables like sandbags, windowed walls and improved staircases/ladders

3. Bipods.

confirmed, its CBA 1.09 or dragonfyre wihich is causing the flashing effect

My 1.5 cents.....

I have CBA, DragonFyre, and Blastcore mods usually running.

Disabled Blastcore. CBA and Dragon still running. Same flickering effect.

Disabled Dragon. CBA still running. Same Flickering.

Disabled CBA. No Flickering.

It would be ideal if each player had the option to turn off those hints.

It would also help with reducing load on the servers.

A simple option to disable every pop up hint would be prefect.  Maybe when you mouse wheel over and item an option to disable/enable them from that moment on and it stores it in the database with your character.

I can understand that for beginners they would like these things but once you have been playing for a while and know how the game works.. you end up finding it a bit annoying and unnecessary.

My 1.5 cents.....

I have CBA, DragonFyre, and Blastcore mods usually running.

Disabled Blastcore. CBA and Dragon still running. Same flickering effect.

Disabled Dragon. CBA still running. Same Flickering.

Disabled CBA. No Flickering.

As i said, cba or dragonfyre. Since the latter Requires the First cba Is the only possible answer