Getting server on Dayz Launcher

hamthejam

Question

Hi Guys,

I followed this to setup my private server but it is not showing up on Dayz Launcher.

Server is running on port 2302

What ports do I need to open in the router (TCP? UDP?)

Also, the first two lines of my config.cfg are:

steamport = 2300;
steamqueryport = 2301;

Any other things I should do to get the server on DL?
Thx

19 answers to this question

Of course, and i also sent the result of the server check a week ago to the site admin but the only thing he told me was that the server was querying but maybe my command line was faulty.

I sent him the command line, no reply

Server runs fine, appears on dayz commander and in the arma2 multiplayer list.

Only DL not showing my server

Heya.. Did you make sure, that your server Name is correct? Also the server only shows up, after somebody joined, i.e. after the Setup is completed... Maybe try join the server, then restart DayZ Launcher.

Heya.. Did you make sure, that your server Name is correct? Also the server only shows up, after somebody joined, i.e. after the Setup is completed... Maybe try join the server, then restart DayZ Launcher.

Correct server name? what do you mean?

and yes there are players playing on the server when I lookup but it's not showing up.

The "Check Server" result is this: Oh snap! Undefined index: a

I've send it to the DL dev but he never answered back.  -_- 

The server Name requieres, that the mod and version you are running is in the server name. Example:

Server Name | something | Overpoch 1.0.5.1

If your server isn't showing up on DayzLauncher, I'd suspect a problem with the server itself. As long as ports are opened, there's no reason it shouldn't show up. Personally, I've always felt that the fee that GSP's charge is worth it because they handle all the problems like this and the server shows up without an issue.

If your server isn't showing up on DayzLauncher, I'd suspect a problem with the server itself. As long as ports are opened, there's no reason it shouldn't show up. Personally, I've always felt that the fee that GSP's charge is worth it because they handle all the problems like this and the server shows up without an issue.

No errors in RPT, player having great FPS (around 45-70), I don't have 500$ a year to spend on a gaming server, yes theres a small problem and that's why I started this thread (in the Server Install help), this forum is not only for ppl who rent game servers (GSP have their own) but also for the ones with dedi boxes. If you suspect there is a problem maybe you can point at something? If you don't have such knowledge than plz move along thank you!

;)

No errors in RPT, player having great FPS (around 45-70), I don't have 500$ a year to spend on a gaming server, yes theres a small problem and that's why I started this thread (in the Server Install help), this forum is not only for ppl who rent game servers (GSP have their own) but also for the ones with dedi boxes. If you suspect there is a problem maybe you can point at something? If you don't have such knowledge than plz move along thank you!

;)

All I can tell you is that there's nothing special you need to do in order for your server to show up on DayzLauncher. As long as it shows up in the in-game browser, Gametracker or other launchers, there's no reason it shouldn't show on DayzLauncher and it's unlikely anyone here will be able to tell you why it's not showing up for sure. If the dev for DayzLauncher doesn't respond to you via the methods provided on the launcher or his website, I'd say you're out of luck.

Did you try:

Add a space in the Name, like so -

(1.0.5.1 / 125548)

And is your server showing in the List ingame?

I don't even have the Arma 2 version in the names of my servers and they show up fine in DayzLauncher, so that wouldn't affect it. I'm not even sure you need the Epoch version number. I believe it might detect the correct version number automatically through the server variables.

That did it:

Did you try:

Add a space in the Name, like so -

(1.0.5.1 / 125548)

And is your server showing in the List ingame?

..server was showing up on DC , GT and in game (multiplayer), only DL could not find it.

BIG FAT Thanks to everyone for taking time to help me, I really appreciate it  :)

That did it:

..server was showing up on DC , GT and in game (multiplayer), only DL could not find it.

BIG FAT Thanks to everyone for taking time to help me, I really appreciate it  :)