[SOLVED] ASM not reading server info when running w/FireDaemon

Darth_Rogue

Question

I recently started using FireDaemon to run my servers and BEC and handle restarts and such.  After I restarted the server after installing FD, ASM no longer reads the server info and displays no data.  My test server still runs off of a batch file and ASM sees it just fine.  Has anyone else had and fixed a similar issue to allow ASM to see the server while using FD?

7 answers to this question

Added ASM to run with the @ASM command in the server startup mod list.  No change.  No data is being passed to the tool.  Test server still works fine.  It may have to do with the fact that I disabled "Interact with desktop" in FD to prevent the pop up dialogs from coming up about the program windows being hidden.  I'll test that out next.  

So you run ASM with FD too?  I set ASM up as a service in FD but it still does not show on the desktop.  How do you separate some applications from running in Session 0 and not all of them?

**** Update ****  Got it working!  I installed ASM as a service in FD, then created a shortcut to ASM on the desktop and added these startup params " -client -h127.0.0.1 -p24000"

ASM runs by default as a "server", so by using the above params you are using the second instance of ASM as a client to connect to the "server" which is running as a service on FD.  Works perfectly!