html

raymix

Question

9 answers to this question

woah a month to approve simple post like this, I actually thought this went right into a trash can.

That's cool  :)

Is the html served up by the server or retrieved directly by the client (does the server act as a proxy server essentially)?

Reads website directly from client.

edit: I wonder if you can call compile strings pulled from websites, that would be the funniest shit ever!

It's sort of limited since most websites use CSS combined with HTML, and the internet is trying to move on to HTML5.

For showing a custom web page optimized for this that is strictly HTML and images, it would probably do pretty well, but I'm sure there are limitations.

You would have to be using a VPS or Dedi to run the DLL, and then if the page isn't hosted locally you are also taking bandwidth everytime someone views it.

Reminds me of the website intros on the source engine games.

It's sort of limited since most websites use CSS combined with HTML, and the internet is trying to move on to HTML5.

For showing a custom web page optimized for this that is strictly HTML and images, it would probably do pretty well, but I'm sure there are limitations.

You would have to be using a VPS or Dedi to run the DLL, and then if the page isn't hosted locally you are also taking bandwidth everytime someone views it.

Reminds me of the website intros on the source engine games.

There was a wiki page explaining the limitation, but can't find it right now, it wasn't a huge deal, anyway.

It's not a DLL, as kilo points out, it's a part of the game, which makes it interesting and *.html are not compiled server side, so can be hosted anywhere, even public folder inside your dropbox.