TADST Epoch Server, Need help with the setup!

Mithrilon

Question

Hey everyone!

Now it's like this, I have looked for solutions for this some days now.

And I can not find a solution to my problem.

What I want is just a server I can join alone!

But what I get when I join the server is (Include file x\addons\a3_epoch_code\System\init.sqf not found).

If you have a solution, feel free to help me with this.

And the program I want to use is (TADST) because it is simple and good and fit my requirements.

I do not want to hold on and script! I've already tried that and did not get the server up.

17 answers to this question

Then you're not launching it during setup, to be honest TADST is awesome for missions and scenarios, it's useless for running an Epoch server.

What do you mean with "Then you're not launching it during setup"?? Can you maybe help me with an other server then?? Really want an server to learn to build and stuff :D Just me and my friend need to play on it.

Epoch is an addon, so treat it like any other ArmA addon, really buddy, this is the easy stuff to master.

Haha yeah but iam new in this! :D With TADST every mod i try works but not epoch :(

Just want some easy way do to so i can get my server. I dont find any solution so..

Iam geting tired of this :( 

Because Epoch is different, you also need Redi setup and running, TADST won't do that.

Read the server help section, it has all the answers you need.

Thx for your help! :D 

I have tried that but it wont work :( dont know what i do wrong but yeah :(

Think this maybe is the end for me -.- Nothing work and i cant find any help that work for me so 

The problem is understanding how to host, and read manuals correctly. I don't blame you but there are no shortcuts.

If you really sit down, grab the readme from the server install and scrutinize every line, and follow to the letter, you'll get there. Sadly , only a few can do that, and those are true admins.

Just going freestyle and do kinda what's in there will get you in deep trouble since you have no clue what you're doing.

And then come to forums with questions no one can answer, since any guidelines handed to you, you approach with a "yeah I know and I did that" attitude.

If you want to be an admin you have to learn reading manuals.

The problem is understanding how to host, and read manuals correctly. I don't blame you but there are no shortcuts.

If you really sit down, grab the readme from the server install and scrutinize every line, and follow to the letter, you'll get there. Sadly , only a few can do that, and those are true admins.

Just going freestyle and do kinda what's in there will get you in deep trouble since you have no clue what you're doing.

And then come to forums with questions no one can answer, since any guidelines handed to you, you approach with a "yeah I know and I did that" attitude.

If you want to be an admin you have to learn reading manuals.

I understand you! :D I know what u are telling me but that when i follow the guide i dont get all the "maps" i need and i dont understand why. becouse i follow the guide line by line. And i just want a server to my self so i can learn to build better. 

I follow this guide " all the files like epochhive tex.. i dont get that file 

Allright, can you post a few screenshots / files?

1st of all, your arma3server folder , just do a screenshot of the list so we can see all folders and files.

2nd : your cmd file that starts the server

3rd : config.cfg from your SC folder (remember to wipe out passwords).

Allright, can you post a few screenshots / files?

1st of all, your arma3server folder , just do a screenshot of the list so we can see all folders and files.

2nd : your cmd file that starts the server

3rd : config.cfg from your SC folder (remember to wipe out passwords).

Im guessing he doesn't have a server folder ^^ prob launching epoch as a singleplayer setup ^^