Make the construct toggleable

Tobias Solem

I think "The Construct" looks way out of place in this mod, sort of like sticking a soldier with military gear into World of Warcraft. It's a "feature" of the mod I'd like for servers to be able to customize. Personally I'd want to disable it entirely. It's an awesome model, and cool, but it fits in a fantasy-oriented game (Skyrim, World of Warcraft, God of War).

its still a WIP and hasnt been added in yet

I of course understand that it is a work in progress, the concept is still the same though: A giant "magical" walking rock. If this was the neverending story or ICO, or any other type of fantasy-based game, I think the design and concept would fit in perfectly. I don't see how it fits in at all in a mod built on a military simulator which is on the opposite end of fantasy.

The reason why I think sappers or mutants work is that they fit in some sort of realm of plausible science. Chemical spills, medical experiments, etc. - huge walking rock that likes to smash little players go into the realm of dragons and death knights and sword wielding to me.

I can't see anything wrong with a fantasy orientated Epoch server, but I absolutely agree it doesn't fit in in the current model.

I've said it before....the more antagonists to choose from the better. However, they must, in my opinion, be completely optional though.

I of course understand that it is a work in progress, the concept is still the same though: A giant "magical" walking rock. If this was the neverending story or ICO, or any other type of fantasy-based game, I think the design and concept would fit in perfectly. I don't see how it fits in at all in a mod built on a military simulator which is on the opposite end of fantasy.

The reason why I think sappers or mutants work is that they fit in some sort of realm of plausible science. Chemical spills, medical experiments, etc. - huge walking rock that likes to smash little players go into the realm of dragons and death knights and sword wielding to me.

I agree with you completely, we talked about it on another thread, here is my comments to it: