Shooting through building objects

Leniaal

Hello,

We finally were able to build our own real proper base, while we were finishing the last steps(putting on the ceilings) I got shot from below by a guy claiming to see my feet.

After checking ourselves, we indeed found out whilst I was running you could indeed see my feet. But even while I was running, you could hit me and one bullet already managed to do 40% damage!

So I'm wondering, is this intended? Even shooting through a salvage metal wall did 70%(!!!!) damage on me. Building a base(which is basically what Epoch is) seems really pointless to me now. Technically we could build cinder walls, but you might still get shot from above or below your base. So frustrating it cost us so much time to build it, I felt it was totally worth and it was fun doing as well, until this happened. Totally ruined it for me.

If it is intended, can this be set on the server side(doesn't have to be indestructible, just has to have colliders like cinder)

PS: While I was typing this someone chainsawed me through my wooden floor. Great.

Full Metal Jacket, particularly 7,62 cuts through thin metal like it's no tomorrow. Only in movies can you hide behind a car door and not get struck by the bullets.

Is realism really a goal in Epoch? Because than there is a lot of work to do. The question is, what is fun and balanced in the game? If everyone thinks this is fine than I'm maybe QQing too much, but I think it's worth discussing.

Is realism really a goal in Epoch? 

Realism is a big part of this game, not just a mod.

Just like any other object in game, epoch buildings also comes with penetration rvmats, which are probably configured to be close as possible to reality. Imagine if you were a developer, would you apply thick metal material to a wooden object?

Melee weapons, including chainsaws are actually fake guns shooting bullets modified to work on short ranges only.

Is realism really a goal in Epoch? Because than there is a lot of work to do. The question is, what is fun and balanced in the game? If everyone thinks this is fine than I'm maybe QQing too much, but I think it's worth discussing.

This is an ARMA 3-mod, ARMA 3 is a simulator. It simulates real life. Deciding to use this engine pretty much makes a certain amount of realism a given. Having bullet penetration is something MOST people agree is a good thing.

Might as well just put up a couple of shelves in some tall grass and call that a base.  

The level of protection is the same.

:lol: 

On the flip side.....

With A3E having a bigger variety of explosives it would seem only natural to me that they bring in metal floors and bump up the spawn rate of cinders so they are bit more available (right now they are a bit rare so most are using the only other object available... wood ).  

At least that's my 2 bits.