[Suggestion] Loss of Krypto for killing

BetterDeadThanZed

Since there's no humanity in A3 Epoch, how about a variable that server admins could set to take krypto away when you kill a fellow player. This would allow players to still PVP, but it would give them "real" consequences. I'm not against PVP, but I am also not all about the shoot on site "because that's what people would do in the Apocalypse" belief.

A bounty system would be a really cool idea, but it would require somehow knowing who you're looking at from a distance without having to walk up and talk to them, so I don't know if that's really viable. But I do wish there was a way to cut down the amount of KOS, even though I am a bandit player myself. The times I don't KOS and attempt to talk to them or hold them up always end up way more interesting even if it does get me killed.

Does the OP say that I think that servers should be hard coded to take away Krypto? No. My suggestion is to have a variable that allows a server owner to remove Krypto if a player kills another player. If that goes against what you like, then you don't have to play on servers that have that enabled. It's just like the "clone cost". I chose to set it to 0 on my server because I think that dieing and losing your stuff is penalty enough. Dayz Epoch has humanity. If you kill another player, regardless if you were the aggressor or they were, you lose humanity. Since humanity is not in A3 Epoch, this is a good alternative to that. 

A wonderful thing about A3 Epoch is the potential to have it highly configurable to the liking of the server owner and their community, so you can find your own niche. There is no reason to voice an opinion against this since it's something that would be configurable and not a suggestion to hard code anything into the game. If you don't like the idea, go find another thread where you can be more positive.

Perhaps a slightly more intuitive system, so if you take damage from someone you can shoot them back without consequence within say 10 minutes without taking a penalty, but if you kill someone not through self-defence or a bounty then you'd lose money.

It could be the equivalent to the cloning cost, since you're forcing someone to be cloned.

A bounty system also doesn't need the ability to tell who you're looking at from a distance, real bounty hunters don't get that luxury, they have to work out where there targets are, their common hangouts, where they're based, what clothes they're wearing, make it take some work not just be a simple "oh there's my target" *bang*

So what are we supposed to do in Epoch if not engage in combat? See it is a sandbox. If what you like to do in the sandbox is build a pretty house that's fine. But don't be surprised when I come blow the front wall out and steal your stuff. Cause that's what I like to do.

So what are we supposed to do in Epoch if not engage in combat? See it is a sandbox. If what you like to do in the sandbox is build a pretty house that's fine. But don't be surprised when I come blow the front wall out and steal your stuff. Cause that's what I like to do.

You completely miss the point of the suggestion. Since there is no humanity in A3 Epoch like there is in Dayz Epoch, it would be nice to have an alternative way for killing another player to affect someone. In Dayz Epoch, your humanity goes down. With this setting, a server owner could punish a player with Krypto instead of humanity. Again, if the suggestion is implemented and you don't like it, simply find a server to play on that doesn't use this. The way I run my servers may not be for you. Thank goodness there's a ton of them to choose from. Perhaps you could give me your UID now so I can ban you so you don't accidentally wander into my server and end up having a miserable time.

A cost for killing other players would benefit the gameplay in general , dont know if this is the right approach,

If i kill someone in self defense i would lose my krypto when all i did was defend myself from a COD kiddie with a bad aim.

I think the humanity system for dayz was a step in the right direction but something else should be added as well, like a wanted level. AI would spawn more frequently close to the low humanity players and engage them , krypto rewards would be given to the players who eventually kill those players like a bonus in the krypto cellphone for killing a low humanity player , simple things like that could make people think twice before shooting everything that moves.

Just a thought.

It should be optional.

The reason I KOS is because it's either me or him, not because "that's what people do in the Apocalypse". It's a FPS game, not a movie. 
I don't see the point of penalizing players for getting shot though. They already lost their stuff and as it is right now, you don't get any benefit from killing yourself. 

This is where i disagree with most people, due to the nature of the mod and with all the basebuilding capabilities and the settlement objective inherent to the gameplay i would classify this mod as an FPS/RPG Mod and not just FPS, Battlefield is an FPS and so is COD and epoch has nothing to do with them.

I play solo and dont have much time for it so being able to stay alive long enough to experience the full mod is important to me.

In my view the RPG component of the mod should be valued and it cant if the community just thinks of epoch as an battle royal type of mod.

Of course this suggestion would be optional, not everybody likes the same game style, thats where these mod's excel , theres a different server for every kind of gameplay.

I wonder if I need to put this suggestion on the Github for it to be noticed by the devs. Is there a dev that is tasked with reading this forum or is it just hit and miss?

Wow, you're a bit impatient. Does it not occur to you that even though the Dev's have released a playable version of EPOCH that there would be still much left to do then to just jump up arms as high as possible and stop what they are doing to satisfy you?

Calm down, I'm sure your suggestion has been noted, getting upset because they haven't responded is only going to put you further on the backburner or even ignored completly.

Ohh and BTW if you're wanting to ban someone because they spoke on what they enjoy shows a level of imaturity that should not be a server admin. Might I suggest you password protect your sever and never give the key out.. Then you can enjoy all the looting, basebuilding you can with out worry of getting killed.

This is where i disagree with most people, due to the nature of the mod and with all the basebuilding capabilities and the settlement objective inherent to the gameplay i would classify this mod as an FPS/RPG Mod and not just FPS, Battlefield is an FPS and so is COD and epoch has nothing to do with them.

I play solo and dont have much time for it so being able to stay alive long enough to experience the full mod is important to me.

In my view the RPG component of the mod should be valued and it cant if the community just thinks of epoch as an battle royal type of mod.

Of course this suggestion would be optional, not everybody likes the same game style, thats where these mod's excel , theres a different server for every kind of gameplay.

I'm pretty sure there will be Epoch servers which are RP, sort of like in Altis Life, but I find the RP rules in Altis Life bollocks even though it's a great mod otherwise.

Wow, you're a bit impatient. Does it not occur to you that even though the Dev's have released a playable version of EPOCH that there would be still much left to do then to just jump up arms as high as possible and stop what they are doing to satisfy you?

Calm down, I'm sure your suggestion has been noted, getting upset because they haven't responded is only going to put you further on the backburner or even ignored completly.

Ohh and BTW if you're wanting to ban someone because they spoke on what they enjoy shows a level of imaturity that should not be a server admin. Might I suggest you password protect your sever and never give the key out.. Then you can enjoy all the looting, basebuilding you can with out worry of getting killed.

Not sure how you misread what I posted as being upset. Also, not sure what you mean about wanting to ban someone.

epoch is a pvp based game. 

there are other mods out there for RP, this is survival kill or be killed.

i fail to see the pleasure in this game if you run house to house, gathering supplies and building a base without having fear of someone killing you at any second. idk about anyone else but epoch is the only game that will actually get my heart beating faster because of the fact that all of the hours i just put in to my character could be wiped out in an instant.

with that being said i guess it would be ok for something like this to be put in the game and let the server owner choose what the penalty, if any, would be for killing someone. but i would not being playing on that server. especially right now, there isnt a ton of PVE to be had 

You completely miss the point of the suggestion. Since there is no humanity in A3 Epoch like there is in Dayz Epoch, it would be nice to have an alternative way for killing another player to affect someone. In Dayz Epoch, your humanity goes down. With this setting, a server owner could punish a player with Krypto instead of humanity. Again, if the suggestion is implemented and you don't like it, simply find a server to play on that doesn't use this. The way I run my servers may not be for you. Thank goodness there's a ton of them to choose from. Perhaps you could give me your UID now so I can ban you so you don't accidentally wander into my server and end up having a miserable time.

I wonder if I need to put this suggestion on the Github for it to be noticed by the devs. Is there a dev that is tasked with reading this forum or is it just hit and miss?

Not sure how you misread what I posted as being upset. Also, not sure what you mean about wanting to ban someone.

I'm pretty sure I'm not misreading anything. The first underlined statement is in regards to you wanting to ban someone for explaining them self.

Second quote Underlined in red from you shows irritation and demand thus meaning you're upset. as I said you demanded a response. Like a little child who keeps screaming MOM MOM MOM until she responds.

You have a decent suggestion, what you fail to realize that it is just a suggestion. Demanding immediate action, acting like a child when others have rebuttals, and denying your actions only serves to make you look immature. Thus one could conclude a response to you would be a waste of Dev's time.

I'm pretty sure I'm not misreading anything. The first underlined statement is in regards to you wanting to ban someone for explaining them self.

Second quote Underlined in red from you shows irritation and demand thus meaning you're upset. as I said you demanded a response. Like a little child who keeps screaming MOM MOM MOM until she responds.

You have a decent suggestion, what you fail to realize that it is just a suggestion. Demanding immediate action, acting like a child when others have rebuttals, and denying your actions only serves to make you look immature. Thus one could conclude a response to you would be a waste of Dev's time.

Yeah, you totally read too much into what I posted. I suggest you stop trying to stir up trouble new guy.

Anyway, for anyone talking against this suggestion, your input is moot. It's a suggestion for a server side configuration and if you don't like it, you simply don't have to use it on your server just like I choose not to have a "clone cost" and to modify the despawn times for bases and other buildables.

For those of you that have been here for more than a week, you know how Dayz Epoch has been developed. The community has created things and made suggestions and some of those have been added to the official Epoch files. It's much better to have things like this configurable with Epoch rather than third party scripts to ensure the maximum ability for troubleshooting, because as any of you that have run Dayz Epoch servers know, the first question you are asked when something doesn't work is if it works with "Vanilla" Epoch.

Thank you to those that have provided valuable input, such as alternatives to losing krypto. Your input is valued and may assist the devs in future features.

Yeah, you totally read too much into what I posted. I suggest you stop trying to stir up trouble new guy. This is just your opinion; Last time I checked, I've been around DayZ/Epoch for quite some time.

Anyway, for anyone talking against this suggestion, your input is moot. It's a suggestion for a server side configuration and if you don't like it, you simply don't have to use it on your server just like I choose not to have a "clone cost" and to modify the despawn times for bases and other buildables. There you go again, talking as if everyone else in the world is lower then you. Yes your suggestion maybe server side rather then global, but peoples opinion are never moot.

For those of you that have been here for more than a week, you know how Dayz Epoch has been developed. The community has created things and made suggestions and some of those have been added to the official Epoch files. It's much better to have things like this configurable with Epoch rather than third party scripts to ensure the maximum ability for troubleshooting, because as any of you that have run Dayz Epoch servers know, the first question you are asked when something doesn't work is if it works with "Vanilla" Epoch.

Again, you claim I'm some sortof Newbie. Just because I recently joined this forum does not mean I know nothing. I've been playing and admining Dayz Epoch for some time now; I've also been around online gaming since it's conception. Basing someones knowledge on there joining a certain forum after you; only proves to show you're immature, arrogant, and don't have a clue.

Thank you to those that have provided valuable input, such as alternatives to losing krypto. Your input is valued and may assist the devs in future features.

I'm an idiot because you've only been on the Epoch forums for a week? Okay.

An idiot, dolt, or dullard is an intellectually disabled person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way.

You are because you're basing your assumptions on a join date of a forum. That in no way concludes that I have no knowledge of what is going on. Thus you're self-defeating, and counterproductive I.E. an IDIOT.