REDIS question: Planning ahead

Darth_Rogue

Question

Once we have the ability to run a Chernarus map I will be doing so.  This will of course require a separate database to be used.  Currently I am using a batch file called by BEC on a 15 minute loop to backup the database in case of a server failure or in case a hacker comes in and starts causing mayhem.  The REDIS dump file contains database information for ALL of the shards contained within itself.  So my question is, how would it be possible to do regular database backups but also be able to keep them separate for each server?  If I have a problem with the Chernarus server and need to restore its backup I don't want to have to also overwrite the database for Altis, which is running normally.  With the current REDIS database system I don't see how this would be possible.  This is where MySQL would be a superior solution, IMO.  

Thoughts, anyone?

5 answers to this question

That's true too.  Our box has an SSD as well and space is at a premium.  Sure we could add a larger SSD or a 1TB HD, but that increases the costs, which I usually have to pay out of my own pocket.  The DB image itself isn't a problem, since the dump file is currently less than 1MB.  But since REDIS creates that silly virtual image of around 6.5GB for each instance running, yeah that's a big deal when you have multiple servers running already and only a few gigs of free space.