Scaris

So I have added this to my epochconfig.hpp

//Custom Vehicles
{"O_MRAP_02_F",5},
{"I_MRAP_03_F",5},
{"I_G_Offroad_01_F",4},
{"B_G_Offroad_01_F",4},
{"O_G_Offroad_01_F",4}

Although I am having troubles getting them to spawn. The very first time I started the server with this it spawned 1 ifrit, and 1 of the camo offroads but since then no more have spawned, and this has been like 2-3 days now with many restarts in between. Can anybody tell me why this is happening, or how the vehicle spawn system works or anything because I thought maybe it would just take a few restarts for them all to spawn but apparently this is not the case...

I think the numbers mean the max of that vehicle on the map including traders. so if you have 2 on the map and 2 in traders if you set to 5 on restart one will spawn.

I was told ones on traders don't count but that was just hearsay. I have noticed that it doesn't always spawn to it's cap right away, there is just a chance for it to. It looks like you did everything correctly, you just need to give it some more time. I don't think this would matter but you could try going around and cleaning up some vehicles on the map...

Is there a total max vehicle limit? I thought there was just limits for each type of vehicle? If there is a total max vehicle limit shouldn't I just be able to edit that to fix it?

Q1. Not in the clear standing of the config.

Q2. There are. The value set for the individual vehicle are all added to create the total sum of vehicles spawned.

Q3.  example:     {"Vehicle class name_EPOCH",numeric value},

this is my list below.

{"C_Offroad_01_EPOCH",1},
{"C_Quadbike_01_EPOCH",1},
{"C_Hatchback_01_EPOCH",1},
{"C_Hatchback_02_EPOCH",1},
{"C_SUV_01_EPOCH",1},
{"C_Rubberboat_EPOCH",1},
{"C_Rubberboat_02_EPOCH",1},
{"C_Rubberboat_03_EPOCH",1},
{"C_Rubberboat_04_EPOCH",1},
{"C_Van_01_box_EPOCH",1},
{"C_Van_01_transport_EPOCH",1},
{"C_Boat_Civil_01_EPOCH",1},
{"C_Boat_Civil_01_police_EPOCH",1},
{"C_Boat_Civil_01_rescue_EPOCH",1},
{"B_Heli_Light_01_EPOCH",1},
{"B_SDV_01_EPOCH",1},
{"B_MRAP_01_EPOCH",1},
{"B_Truck_01_transport_EPOCH",1},
{"B_Truck_01_covered_EPOCH",1},
{"B_Truck_01_mover_EPOCH",1},
{"B_Truck_01_box_EPOCH",1},
{"O_Truck_02_covered_EPOCH",1},
{"O_Truck_02_transport_EPOCH",1},
{"O_Truck_03_covered_EPOCH",1},
{"O_Truck_02_box_EPOCH",1},
{"I_Heli_light_03_unarmed_EPOCH",1},
{"O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_EPOCH",1},
{"I_Heli_Transport_02_EPOCH",1},
{"O_Heli_Transport_04_EPOCH",1},
{"O_Heli_Transport_04_bench_EPOCH", 1},
{"O_Heli_Transport_04_box_EPOCH", 1},
{"O_Heli_Transport_04_covered_EPOCH", 1},
{"B_Heli_Transport_03_unarmed_EPOCH", 1},
{"B_G_Offroad_01_F",1},
{"O_MRAP_02_F",1},
{"I_MRAP_03_F",1},
{"O_G_Offroad_01_F",2},
{"I_G_Offroad_01_F",2}

// thus creating 40 total vehicle spawns.
So you see the total vehicle spawn value is not defined in one single instance, but can be added up to make a single value.
P.S I know that is not many vehicles but it's taken from my test_bed.

I hope this helps  :)
STENCH

each vehicle type has their own count, so other vehicle types that are already on the map shouldn't have any effect. I could definately tell mine was working right away. It didn't spawn everything but it did throw an ifrit on the map right on first boot and a couple of other things.

Are you seeing anything at all spawn?

hey

can someone give the full procedure for adding vehicles plz ?

I list that pretty early on. The on thing I have done since then is a workaround so I don't get booting using my admin tools. I added !="rvkzrgzjgyzgytiepgnetyur" to line 2 of setvariable.txt as I couldn't get it to work any other way. However I wouldn't recommend doing that unless you run into the same issue I did.

Try just adding them to your epoch config first in the array. 

i already added "rvkzrgzjgyzgytiepgnetyur" to use my admin tools.

concerning the new added vehicles  in epochconfig.hpp , after several restarts they  still don't spawn.. .

--------------------------------------------

ho ho something new, i can see a strider on the map now...and this is the very first time ..

good.

but i can't see it  in the admin panel though

Change the 7 at the start of line 21 of scripts.txt to a 1.  That will log the detection for the random colors script but not kick for it. 

Or even better dont change the 7,  just add this at the end, allthough someone is telling not to do anything to the script txt u should: !=execVM "\A3\Soft_F_Bootcamp\Offroad_01\scripts\randomize_colors.sqf""

Maybe if we just help eachother instead of declaring them for idiots we would come much more further with the small amount of addons u can do like this.

Or even better dont change the 7,  just add this at the end, allthough someone is telling not to do anything to the script txt u should: !=execVM "\A3\Soft_F_Bootcamp\Offroad_01\scripts\randomize_colors.sqf""

Maybe if we just help eachother instead of declaring them for idiots we would come much more further with the small amount of addons u can do like this.

Have you tried that yourself?

offcourse scaris, otherwise i wouldnt tell u mate. First i got kicked #20, added this, no kicks, strider and offroad spawn, can drive them too... xD

Also do what the guy in post #30 says, delete all vehicles and restart server... i forgot to mention that. sorry...

Awesome, thanks for the extra input. This is what I was hoping for, the community supporting each other on the mod while the Dev's keep making us a great mod to enjoy.

Still don't fully understand why I am getting the public variable 0 error unless I add it to my setvariables.txt. At least however I don't have to manually put it in the public variables every reboot now.

• 3 weeks later...

I got it working but I had to open up a whole again in scripts...

Here is what I did:

in createvehicle.txt I added  !="SmokeLauncherAmmo" at the end of the top line.

however after that I was still getting kicked for scripts.txt #9 so I went in and changed the 7 to 1 on line 10 of scripts.txt which made it look like this:

1 setvelocity !="_bolt setPosATL _pos;\n_bolt setVelocity [0, 0, -10];" !="EPOCH_target setvelocitytransformation" !="_currentTarget setVelocity [0,0,-0.01];" !="_head setVelocity [random 2,random 2,10];" !="_vel = velocity this; _dir = getDir player; this setVelocity[(_vel select 0)+(sin _dir * 2),(_vel select 1)+(cos _dir * 2),(_vel select 2)];"

However I am hoping someone else points out a better way, I am sure there must be since the countermeasures on all the helicopters work.