Buildingsystem

Arno Nym

Hello,

I know that it is an Alpha, but the build menu is kind of bad.

First I had the idea to rebuild a building, but because of the new physics this is causing problems all times.

After that I wanted to work with foundations in order to obtain a straight face, but this is just shit like rebuild.

After the 4 foundations ,the floor and the walls was bugged.

the staircase does not fit into a space which consists of 4 walls and caused problems with the 2 floor no longer to build walls above a staircase.

I can not turn wall which is right in the middle as in the video, which eventually leads to depart and rebuilding all

Pleas have a look tu the building system an make them works better than this buggy shit

The Physic building is cool, overall I like it. The only part I have had trouble, is when inside buildings where the item you are placing, might not have enough room to spawn properly.. thus resulting in some crazy mile high glitches.. ultimately sending me to my death on the roof... or attempting to rotate the object whilst being too close to it, resulting in some crazy inception hallway flying.. either way, results in death.. 

I personally would enjoy to have the option to get the arma 2 build system and objects back... thats... the only thing I would really love to see... (besides from the old maps)

sorry, but learn too build.... u can build wonderful bases in arma3.... watch tutorials, u do something wrong....

example:

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198095093418/screenshots

Thats not wonderfull... thats just ... walls build on walls.. surely its functional but you could have done the same with the old buildsystem..
The ability to build with physics is fine.. but then it should also affect already placed items and not only the things you place for 30 seconds
I have seen so many midair objects and dead players in bases.. its simply not wonderful

I know its alpha.. and thats an excuse.. I just just wanted to mention..
I was loading in AiA and the DayZ_Epoch objects (including maps).. they are working... and they are working fine I dont know why they arent back in..

They arent piece of any dayz... Maybe it would be cool to be allowed to use these assets in Arma 3.. just creating a little basebuilding mod, some sidemissions, looting, some of this and that (survivalstuff) and make the whole thing persistent.. would have been totally fine

Ok, but how would you call this?

I build a foundation + a ceailing and 3 walls, if i try to snap the stairs inside it bouncing all thge time and the result is that buggy shit

http://abload.de/img/2014-12-06_00001j4u29.jpg

thats is snaping the wall on 1st floor http://abload.de/img/2014-12-06_00002msuss.jpg

How could the building looks nice when things like that happens all  the time?

The stairs have 2 different high to snap the walls thats a big bug

So i watch this Video and what i see is that all the walls are in different high https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-2RKLZtOAg#t=3688

The biggest issue I find right now is that buildables are affected by map items. If they clipped through like they did in A2 then it would be a great improvement. 

More snapping options would be nice also, to be able to swing a 90 after walls snap and to be able to snap different types of walls like cinder to wood. 

there are no wrong ones, he only use the wrong one :-)

one stair is the normal stair and the other is the rooftopstair ( only for roofacces )

so, no "wrong one", only new one.

The best sentence ever, when there no wrong one, how can i use the wrong one ????????

And where is standing that the upgraded variants only for rooftop???

If your are right why can't i upgrade this one to one with "door" ?

The upgraded one is not correct designed, there faces where the steps are is not in the same high like the one with the celling on it, simple fail design, 

lol.... really, this post is a joke.... only learn too build or learn with something new too build... or go and play arma2 epoch

from the changelogs: version 0.2.0.1

[New] Wood stairs upgradable for additional landing area.

Hi,

i have to say that sometimes it's a real pain in the a...fterburner even to get a bigger (4x6) floor on foundations. From what i saw, the first floor snaps in place with the foundation and every other floor snaps to the first floor's boundaries but sometimes overlap a little bit. Wich makes floor 6 not hit the last piece of foundation. But thx for the heads up with that wrong and the other wrong staircase. didn't know that. i thought that upgraded staircase acts like a staircase with a floor on it, to match the height a normal wall with a floor on it has.  maaaaaybe i should rebuild my base then^^

What really would be cool is to have the possibility to upgrade selected sides of the upgraded staircase to have some sides covered with salvage metal, so that they act as salvage-metal covered walls.

I hope this post makes somehow sense :)

Now that i have played epoch for enough to try and build a few bases, as it stands right now i dont understand the new building system at all.

Arma 2 Epoch is the mod with the best building system in any game in my opinion. They tried to fix something that is not broken and now it's not fun at all. 

It's tedious to build, it feels like a chore instead of being fun like in Arma 2. 

I've build some INSANE bases on my server, with very little effort once i got how the system works down. So you just need more practice.

Main trick is don't place something that is twitching or moving at all while in build mode. once it's still, then place it and let the gravbar finish before placing anything else next to it, or clipping to it. It's a system that requires patience.

It's a tricky process but the build system works well, remember to use 1 to toggle snap

Also practise on flat land where possible

I don't see the logic in making it tricky, as the game is about survival, not architecture.

Personally, if I had input in the development I would've gone with baracade mechanics that focused on fortifying, alongside a simple build system like the DayZ Epoch one.

I've build some INSANE bases on my server, with very little effort once i got how the system works down. So you just need more practice.

Main trick is don't place something that is twitching or moving at all while in build mode. once it's still, then place it and let the gravbar finish before placing anything else next to it, or clipping to it. It's a system that requires patience.

Thats the point i still have the problem as well.

i can try it in snap mode(1) the objects  twitching, so i go in the snap rotate mode (3) try here all 4 positions and all twiching, at least i try to build in free mode (2) but there still twiching.

Now tell me ho i can place them until the  twiching ends, i can wait the whole 2500 energy and the objects twiching and twiching. (there must run with duracell)

That i should not place any otehr objects until the gravbar is finished i learnd after the teh second object i ever placed in arma 3 epoch

I will try now the third place on map where the ground is flat, there i will try again with foundation and cellings but if this not work i finished with the mod until the changlog says "Fix building"

EDIT:

Please think about adding more walls, ceilings ,...

we need

walls 1/2 high, 1/4 high, 1/2 width and 1/4 width

cellings 1/2, 1/4, triangle one and hexagon one